taxes in usa versus other countries = we should spend less on the military/healthcare

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 13
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
most developed countries spend 35 percent of their GDP on taxes. in the usa, we spend 25 percent. the thing is, half our healthcare is taken care of by the private sector... and we spend 18% of our GDP on healthcare, which means about ten percent is covered by the private sector. what does all this mean? it means we spend about the same as other countries on taxes and healthcare, but we get far fewer results to show for it. 

other countries have generous social safety nets, and generous benefits. not so in usa.

so where's all the money going in the usa? mostly healthcare. but also a bloated military. our military is bigger than the next ten militaries combined, in terms of spending. plus every other country spends half as much as we do on healthcare, and covers everyone, with most countries having overall better quality of care, such as wait times. 

would it matter if we spent five hundred billion on defense, instead of 800 billion? couldn't we get our healthcare spending closer to other countries? 

we could have a better safety net and benefits... or we could have more money to take home, or we could get our deficit under control. 

why isn't this a no brainer? 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Low taxes are the price society pays for freedom. That and illegal immigration from high taxed countries.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
we dont need social safety nets

it works for 80%+ urbanized countries with 3-10 million people in it-not the USA
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
the more culturally conservative in europe are more rural, they cant access healthcare out there and so the government doesnt spend money on it. The UK is kinda in the middle and it shows

and that is why
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
it's very easy to be generous with other people's money lol
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i was right. this is a no brainer. and the only reason it's not clear to everyone, is because everyone ranting against me, has no brains. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
yeah your right, throwing money at things always fixes them lol, oh and more government control too.....oh wait, who decides how much to spend on military and medicare type insurances?   oh that's right the same government you want to run healthcare, spot on.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
if every other country has unviersal healthcare that costs half as much and is better quality, why can't we? if every other country doesn't spend nearly as much on the military why can't we spend a little less? maybe we could tackle our deficit with all the money we save. this is, and should be considered, the conservative ideal, all this stuff i'm sayin. from the global perspective i'm a conservative, and these are conservative ideas. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
I'm in agreement with you in many ways.  Cut the b.s. spending and waste to use for healthcare.  In regards to military spending, pulling troops out of other countries and endless wars should mean less spending.  Biden would increase our presence in other countries, it's what he's done or tried to do for almost 50 years.  There are a lot of ways and opportunities to advance healthcare access.  But let's be real, president Trump is the only one doing anything or attempting to do anything about this issue.  Deregulation is another avenue, allowing group purchases across state lines etc.  Much like environmental issues, there's plenty that can be done that isn't controversial or discussion and permission.
When you look at all these things in totality what's the common root?  government, a government not doing what's in the best interest of its citizens, but rather a government set on growing, abuse, corruption and control, change my mind.  How else do they become multi millionaires while working part time (very part time) being a "public servant" that term always makes me laugh, a multi millionaire servant, that's epic.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
But let's be real, president Trump is the only one doing anything or attempting to do anything about this issue.
ಠ_ಠ
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Low taxes are the price society pays for freedom. That and illegal immigration from high taxed countries.
As it stands, the above comment makes no sense whatsoever.

Please explain:
How freedom influences taxation, or how taxation influences freedom....And how illegal immigration, either does or doesn't influence taxation or freedom or both.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
How freedom influences taxation, or how taxation influences freedom....And how illegal immigration, either does or doesn't influence taxation or freedom or both.

let me confiscate your private property here while you are rambling about nonsense.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Well I'm "rambling" on trying to make sense of your post.

Though  you appear to be admitting that you post is "nonsense".

And "confiscating my private property" is seemingly more nonsense.... Unless you can make sense of it for me.