Comedy Is The Most Genuine Genre

Author: Safalcon7

Total: 18
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
I'll just say comedy is the most realistic aspect of human nature. People love to be sarcastic or to have been surrounded by sarcasm all the time. Whether it be friends, spouse, family or strangers, without a humor aspect of the conversation, nothing seems lively.

Even within the show business, whether it be a thriller or action movie or series, the whole production includes an effort to make the audience laugh once in a while. Because that's what draws people from inside. Some may just despise the whole concept of fantastic and impossible comedic act in comedy shows/series/sitcoms/movies but at the end of the day, no one loves a dull Tony Stark or a boring Suicide Squad or a serious Jesse Pinkman.  

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I'm not sure about 'genuine, but I'd agree comedy is rather encompassing.
From the lows of gallows humor, to more light hearted moments.
Though 'conflict is rather encompassing as well, I suppose.
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Lemming
Encompassing is another good word for it as well, yeah-

Even within conflict, show business would do good with a certain bit of comedy around.

By genuine, I mean, it's natural. Humor is a part of the subconscious you can't deny. It loves to be expressed or matched.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Safalcon7
Well, if by genuine, you mean natural.
I'd say humanity possesses a plethora of natural emotions, or habits of the subconscious.
I'm fond of it myself, though I have difficulty in seeing what makes it 'exceptional to other genres, other than personal preference.
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Lemming
Okay, the most entertaining genres in movies or series- I'd say Drama, Action, Romantic, Thriller, Horror and Comedy. I'm not saying Comedy is the best of 'em. It depends on personal preferences of course.

The exception is in the sense that all the other genres on their own are quite dull. No one wants to see 2 hours of relentless fighting but with a bit of drama and comedy, the production becomes colorful. You can say that the comedy genre itself dances with a pint of drama itself.

But What I mean is that comedy actually transcends the media boundary and plays an intrinsic role in reintroducing the entire scenario.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Safalcon7
I'd agree with the listing of genres.
And that people often prefer some synthesis and mixing of genres, rather than one purely on it's own. (Though I 'think there are some few exceptions)
But you yourself, it seems to me concede the comedy genre itself dancing with a pint of drama.
And that's the crux I'd argue,
That though the different genres 'can stand by themselves, it's much more common/easier with they support one another to degrees.
But again, I'm missing what makes it 'more genuine than other mixings, say a romantic thriller, or a horrific drama.

When you say,
comedy actually transcends the media boundary and plays an intrinsic role in reintroducing the entire scenario.
I don't quiet get your meaning there.
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Lemming
Guess what i mean is that it is prevalent in all the other genres and in some cases, it is so powerful that people actually actively look for that element.

Example; to some people, some horror scenes are simply awesome and so they get wowed. But to some others, they'll take that scene to analyze and figure out a comedic landscape to laugh about. You may argue that it's subjective, but no, I just think its the degree of generic power of comedy. People wanna laugh and ease. 

44 days later

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Safalcon7
I actually agree with you -  a lot of comedy and satire may, on the surface, not be genuine but the thing they are criticizing often is. It allows people to express themselves in such a fundamentally relatable way that we often forget how integral it is to our everyday life. 
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Theweakeredge
Spot on brother. It's the way they are presenedt and the audience can connect with safely.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Safalcon7
In writing there is a concept of a comic relief character - and I like to use it as an example of how people use comedy as a whole in real life - typically comic relief characters are ones who are there to let the tension fall when it's unnecessary or provide some kind of relief after a particularly gruesome part of a chapter or partage. Even in popular television, we see a comic relief character, in thrillers and action movies for example, after too much combat or chasing, some kind of comic relief is allowed, to allow viewers to catch their breath. 

Essentially - that is what the core of comedy is - something to let people catch their breath from a society that is ever changed, to allow people to find some brief moment of humor and relatability with a stranger. 
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Theweakeredge
That's exactly what I was asserting. Thanks for pointing them out beautifully mahn.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Safalcon7
Yeah huh, I'm a big fan of writing and comedy, so I definitely get how important it is.
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Theweakeredge
wow, that's amazing. I'm more into sitcoms and comedy shows and movies. I love the ability the people involved possess to make other people laugh with simple humor. That's fascinating to me.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Safalcon7
Oh yeah, movies are definitely great (less into sitcoms, most of them now feel really forced) and I love critiquing and looking at movies especially with regards to character psychology. 
Safalcon7
Safalcon7
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yeah some of the modern sitcoms are shit. I love the classic ones. Seinfeld is probably the GOAT in the business. I recommend this one if you haven't watched it yet.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Safalcon7
Mmm, a good one (kinda going out of niche) I like is Good luck Charlie, I actually laughed with the queue, it really surprised me how much I actually liked the show. 

Don't think I've watched Seinfeld, if I have time to do more time maybe I'll give it a watch
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Safalcon7
Well depending on the type of setting and plot then it can be. It is the mot genuine in most cases versus other shows
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Safalcon7
futurama was my fav