Good mice/mousepads

Author: WaterPhoenix

Total: 21
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
hoi people, haven't really been active recently cause of school but my 91st birthday is coming up in january so do you guys have any recommendations for mice/mousepads that together are under 20 bucks
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Nothing that cheap... But I really like my wireless logitech m510 mouse. As for keyboards, my logitech wireless keyboard is only "good enough"
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Mouse:
Mouse Pad:

Anything by LogiTech is pretty good, can't say the same for Verbatim. Stay away from wireless unless your PC is fast.

If you're willing to splurge:
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I use one of my books as a mousepad, and like wire attached mouse.
Don't know about prices though, just whatever the store has, works for me.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Well I have a mouse in my drainage in the bathroom. That vermin won't get out unless he got a pad. So yes. I know a mouse and a mousepad, and I would charge no money to give it to you guys, if you even want it.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Uh, HOW are you 91 years old? So you have participated in WW2, or at least have seen it?
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Intelligence_06
It is absolutely obvious that he is even older than that lol. Stop taking everything seriously, its obvious that he is 103 years old.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@WaterPhoenix
What kind of school do you go to at 91 years of age?
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Intelligence_06
What kind of school do you go to at 91 years of age?
you know, the one people go to at 91 years of age.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Agree with everyone, logitech give the best cheap mice.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
The best mouspads are plain and dark-coloured, fancy-appearing mousepads were only a worthwhile thing when we had ball-navigated mice that didn't run on lasers which can be confused by changing colours.

If you want a truly 'good mousepad' that is ergonomic for the wrist during heavy use of the computer, it's never going to be a cheap option.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Actually your price range is fine if you mean that's for each product.

A decent mousepad for ergonomic purposes is around $15. The cheaper ones can look nice and say they're ergonomic but the softness of the wrist-rest is often too much or too little.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix

This is something I'd recommend if you simply want a mousepad that feels nice or whatever. I personally don't think mousepads are necessary if your chair's arms are sufficiently built to rest on but if you want one that's decent and not super expensive, I recommend that mousepad.

BearMan
BearMan
@Rational

Dam that's a good mouse pad
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
oh, i just bought the cheapest one i could find with the highest reviews on amazon, my chair doesnt have armrests.

@RationalMadman
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
my chair doesnt have armrests.
then your  upper arm will suffer or your wrist will, take your pick.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Well, the 20 bucks is blown out of the water, but my Mac mouse has never seen a mousepad. In fact, none of the 3 Macs I've owned in my life needed mousepads.

415 days later

RightBehindYou
Debates: 0
RightBehindYou
While it is tough to give a solid recommendation for both a mouse and a mousepad for under 20 bucks, I can atleast tell you from personal experience that the Logitech G203/102 (different names for different regions of the world) is the best mouse that you can get for under $20.

I originally got it for something around $30 but according the camelcamelcamel you can get it for as low as $20 right now.
https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07YN82X3B?context=search

However, I think it is important to question what exactly you are going to be using the mouse and mousepad for. If all you're doing on your computer just browsing forums and doing general work all day, I'd argue that you don't even need to use a mousepad. Just buy a simple logitech wireless mouse with a USB receiver and you'll be more than good. You don't even have to buy Logitech, just find a wireless mouse with a dongle that you can plug in. Ultimate convience and you don't have to mess around with wires all over your desk.

As for mousepad, it depends on what exactly you are using the mouse and mousepad combo for. For example, the type of mousepad that you use will be way more important if you're playing FPS on a PC and you need to have a consistent and smooth surface.  I use the SteelSeries QCK and it is more than enough mousepad for me.  Again, I'd argue that you will most likely not need a mousepad if all you are doing is general browsing. If you just want to keep your desk and overall workspace from getting scuffed up (implying that it has some sort of finish or the mouse feet will damage the table) just get a simple mousepad and you'll be more than good.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@RightBehindYou
Dell has good cheap stuff like Logitech btw.
RightBehindYou
Debates: 0
RightBehindYou
-->
@RationalMadman
That is true if you're considering the second-hand market. Most of their products are always in surplus on ebay, craigslist, etc. Their office products are usually quite cheap and incredibly common when searching for office equipment. Not to mention that their products last a long time. Nice observation Madman.

36 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RightBehindYou
I tend to like Logitech gear as well. Best bang for your buck