Other than Mopac and myself who else here is a Gnostic Theist?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Truly God is real, communicates with us and is directly involved.

Deists are welcome to admit they are Gnostic in their belief of God here but please do not use this thread to talk about God being non-involved or uncaring, this is about who truly knows God is there I am curious to talk to such individuals as I have had life-altering experiences and it's not emotions, it's actual logic to it too.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
yep.

I don't think I've heard the term "gnostic theist" before.

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
After your little temper tantrum for no reason in the other thread I don't know why you want to discuss anything. But call me scumbag again for no reason and I will be reporting it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
You just threatened me with mod action which is against the threat rules.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Yep as in mhmmm or you agree?
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
I agree.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Rationalmadman you still have me blocked, so I can't respond to your posts.
Mopac
Mopac
Gnostic or epignostic?

Greek lesson

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
you are unblocked but please stop saying 'god is truth'. God is 'true' and a part of 'truth' but god is not truth itself because god could lie, for instance and things other than god are true such as the statement 'god is real'.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@RationalMadman
I am not talking about god, I am talking about God.

So you are off the mark.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
You're fussing over the case of one letter? I'm more interested in your response to the substance of his post.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
Not fussing at all. 

What is there to respond to? I am here to participate.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
I'd like to hear what you think about "god is not truth itself because god could lie".
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I am here to participate.
Participate = Preach

Goldtop
Goldtop

Where is your evidence for that outrageous claim?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
Is it true that there are lies?

Of course God is The Truth itself. If you want to hear the case for that, I am currently in a debate with the OP

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Of course God is The Truth itself.
Then why does God not appear in the definition of truth and truth does not appear in the definition of God?

The Dictionary has failed you on this one. God is not the truth and the truth is not God.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
Is it true that there are lies?

Of course God is The Truth itself. If you want to hear the case for that, I am currently in a debate with the OP

It's true that there are lies, yes.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
Then even lies exist in truth, and in no way do lies undermine God as being The Ultimate Reality and Truth.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman
Deists are welcome to admit they are Gnostic in their belief of God here but please do not use this thread to talk about God being non-involved or uncaring, this is about who truly knows God is there I am curious to talk to such individuals as I have had life-altering experiences and it's not emotions, it's actual logic to it too.
What is your definition of Gnostic?

Do you deny the real living person of Jesus Christ and His physical bodily resurrection from the dead?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
I do not care if that really happened or not. Christ is the anti Christ in the first place. The Bible is a cryptic, self-contradictory tale of how the Devil can out-persuade, outsmart and threaten the supreme reign of an omnipotent, omniscient god.
God IS the devil, god is sadistic and seductive and the son of the devil (anti-christ) is meant to bring the downfall to the very guy who engineered his own persecution and execution.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman

I do not care if that really happened or not. Christ is the anti Christ in the first place. The Bible is a cryptic, self-contradictory tale of how the Devil can out-persuade, outsmart and threaten the supreme reign of an omnipotent, omniscient god.
God IS the devil, god is sadistic and seductive and the son of the devil (anti-christ) is meant to bring the downfall to the very guy who engineered his own persecution and execution.

So you are not interested in the historical Jesus. 

Your thinking is most confusing. How can Jesus be the Christ and the anti-Christ?

So, your views are not biblical, in the least. You have some mystical experience that you want me to believe is a revelation of God to you. There are many who are in the nut house with the same kind of delusions. 

How can God be the devil?

The biblical God is not sadistic or seductive. He plainly expresses what is wrong. That is a reason why people rebel against His commands (i.e., The Ten Commandments). He judges those who do wrong. 

Since you made all these assertions back them up if you can with more than hearsay, then I will address a few of them. Please do not copy and paste links but if you use links provide the gist of what you want me to glean from them. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
Being condemned by society and thrown into an asylum in no way at all proves the person incorrect.

You think that Christians who have experienced God are less or more delusional than Satanists or Muslims who've done the same?

The experience is deducted to be a hallucination if most of society would rather the person be wrong than right, there's nothing more to what differentiates those in the asylum from those free to say they know what's real or not.

Aside from that, it makes a lot of sense. You see when they talk first of Antichrist, John refers to it as a group of people who deny and/or oppose Christ and who is that embraced that's group as having the right to crucify him? It was Jesus himself. The later it's hinted that Antichrist is the direct offspring of the Devil much like Jesus is to God and it's said Jesus will return after the downfall but this was written before, not after, the chronological order that later had the ghost return.

God is severely sadistic. Who made hell and the devil? Who is that says love me, tell me I'm the sexiest, smartest, most good, infallible being or I torture you eternally?

Read the Bible with the outlook that there is no good guy and it will fascinate you.

Mopac
Mopac
Gnosticism is heresy for good reason. People who put their faith in science falsely so called stray away from the faith and end up believing some very strange things.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
People who put their faith in science falsely so called stray away from the faith and end up believing some very strange things.
Strange things like... reality? Or, perhaps all the things science has provided you that you take advantage of every day of your life, like your computer, internet connection and these forums, as relevant examples?

Or, are you living in a cave?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Science falsely so called.

Not science.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
Space science mostly so indeed.

Other sciences have some truth to them but of course the authorities are entitled to mask truth and put out lies if they feel it serves them.
Goldtop
Goldtop
Mopac says...

Science falsely so called.

Not science.
RM says...

Other sciences have some truth to them but of course the authorities are entitled to mask truth and put out lies if they feel it serves them.
Ahhh, the Age of Enlightenment. When will it finally arrive?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman
You think that Christians who have experienced God are less or more delusional than Satanists or Muslims who've done the same?
It depends whether the experience lines up with Scripture. Since God tells us what He is like, someone who claims an experience that is counter to God's revelation is not someone to be believed if they are making the claim they are Christians.

The experience is deducted to be a hallucination if most of society would rather the person be wrong than right, there's nothing more to what differentiates those in the asylum from those free to say they know what's real or not.

Sometimes it is obvious the person is delusional by their claims and their rationale. 

Aside from that, it makes a lot of sense. You see when they talk first of Antichrist, John refers to it as a group of people who deny and/or oppose Christ and who is that embraced that's group as having the right to crucify him? It was Jesus himself. The later it's hinted that Antichrist is the direct offspring of the Devil much like Jesus is to God and it's said Jesus will return after the downfall but this was written before, not after, the chronological order that later had the ghost return.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying here. 

There is a big gulf between being the offspring of the devil and bring the offspring of God. 

When you say, "Jesus will return after the downfall but this was written before, not after, the chronological order that later had the ghost return"
 what are you referring to?

God is severely sadistic. Who made hell and the devil? Who is that says love me, tell me I'm the sexiest, smartest, most good, infallible being or I torture you eternally?

This is garbage input.

He created a being who had a volition. With that volition, the devil CHOSE to do what was wrong. Hell is a separation of the creature from the Creator because the creature wants to rule the Creator without having the wisdom to do so. 

Read the Bible with the outlook that there is no good guy and it will fascinate you.

That is reading into the Bible instead of receiving the AUTHOR'S message. It is the heart of postmodernism by changing the narrative. You are putting a bias into the message. You can read whatever you like into the Bible and make it mean what you want it to (eisegesis). The point is, can you understand and interpret the AUTHOR'S meaning (exegesis)?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
Refer to my input as garbage input one more time and I will get mods involved regarding insulting and offence.

I do not need to negotiate with someone who simply thinks they have proven me wrong by saying 'is not true' over and over again.

Examples:
Since God tells us what He is like, someone who claims an experience that is counter to God's revelation is not someone to be believed.
Er? How do you know that a human-written book is what God itself said and how do you then know that God doesn't like to test our wisdom and courage by making only the smartest and bravest defy what they're brainwashed into believing and ensure only the worthy end up in the kingdom/queendom of God?

Sometimes it is obvious the person is delusional by their claims and their rationale.
Obvious how? Who is the one judging the claims and rationale and how do we know they and even us are not the insane ones?

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying here.
Your problem, not mine.
There is a big gulf between being the offspring of the devil and being the offspring of God.
In your opinion. If we are all God's children, this is actually inherently impossible for there to be a Gulf between and if God is the Devil it is not just Gulf-less, it is directly correlated.
When you say, "Jesus will return after the downfall but this was written before, not after, the chronological order that later had the ghost return"
what are you referring to?
Daniel 8:25 ESV
By his cunning he shall make deceit prosper under his hand, and in his own mind he shall become great. Without warning he shall destroy many. And he shall even rise up against the Prince of princes, and he shall be broken—but by no human hand.
^ 'his' being antichrist based on most interpretations and the one to break him being Jesus returning.

Revelation 17:10 ESV
They are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.
^ 'he' being antichrist. A little while as it's only until Jesus is resurrected to defeat him.

There's more but the other stuff is far more cryptic.