Something interesting about RationalMadman

Author: K_Michael

Total: 7
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
I was looking at the leaderboard and the different sorting methods. I noticed that RationalMadman by far has the most wins, over twice as much as Oromagi, who is second in this category, but he is also 2nd place for number of losses, with only Type1,  a notorious troll in the history of DArt, having more losses. So while Oromagi is 1st in points, and RationalMadman 9th, it seems like the best strategy to get a lot of wins is to simply engage in tons of debates, rather than carefully picking a few debates.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
That's how mikal dominated the leaderboards on DDO too.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@K_Michael
I was looking at the leaderboard and the different sorting methods. I noticed that RationalMadman by far has the most wins, over twice as much as Oromagi, who is second in this category, but he is also 2nd place for number of losses, with only Type1,  a notorious troll in the history of DArt, having more losses. So while Oromagi is 1st in points, and RationalMadman 9th, it seems like the best strategy to get a lot of wins is to simply engage in tons of debates, rather than carefully picking a few debates.
RationalMadman is like 20% of what happens on this site.   The guy is amazing. 

I think you're right about strategy, the ratings systems rewards volume and the cool thing about DART is that its young and has a very accessible path to getting on that TOP 30 front page of the leaderboard and Ragnar mails you the red and gold certificate.

I'd really like  to see the whole front board with all active debaters instead of bans and inactives floating on the top like dead porpoises at the beach.  I think that's very do-able with the recent marked increase in debate quantity and debate quality.

Look at Intel! crashing Olympus.  I think I'm fucking doomed.

(just kidding about certificates.  there are no certificates. )
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@oromagi
Look at Intel! crashing Olympus.  I think I'm fucking doomed.

The guy really does have endless free time, it amazes me how many debates he's able to keep up with, even if the quality of them suffers a bit. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
It is funny that I tried RM's style and instigated a lot and then I lost everything.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@MisterChris
The guy really does have endless free time, it amazes me how many debates he's able to keep up with, even if the quality of them suffers a bit. 
Well one of them takes only like half of an hour or so. It is not taking too much time either. I am just faster at typing compared to people my age.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
It is funny that I tried RM's style and instigated a lot and then I lost everything.
I don't instigate a lot.