The Fish

Author: janesix

Total: 27
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
The fish symbolism of Christianity denotes the Age of Pisces. Will Christianity go the way of Pisces, as we enter the Age of Aquarius?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
The fish means fisher of men

What is a fisher of men?

I'll give you a hint, trolling is a fishing term.

I dispute that the fish has anything to do with an age of pisces, though I will hear your case for this.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
when did the Age of Pisces start? was it 2000 years ago? When did Christianity start? Was it 2000 years ago?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I think you'd have to start from the beginning, because I don't presume to know what you mean by an age of pisces.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
The Precession of the Equinoxes. It is a 26000 year cycle, divided into twelve "months" or ages. Each lasts about 2000 years. We are at he end of Pisces, and near the beginning of aquarius. The man with the water pitcher. 

"As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters"
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
So why do you associate Christianity with the age of pisces?

What do you believe the age of pisces means or implies?

What do you believe the age of aquarius means or implies?

Why do you refer to these ages as ways?

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
So why do you associate Christianity with the age of pisces?
From dreams I've had. Also note other Age's have had their sign's symbols as religious icons. The ram, the bull come to mind. 

What do you believe the age of pisces means or implies?
Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. Pisces marks the transition between the beginning and the end of the Precessional cycle. Aries, the ram or lamb, is a part of this transition(the beginning). 

What do you believe the age of aquarius means or implies?
I am not sure yet. I think of it as the Age of Man. And a pouring out of a change in consciousness for mankind. 

Why do you refer to these ages as ways?
I am not sure what you mean.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
You asked if Christianity will go "the way of pisces" in this new age of aquarius. 

Still not really sure what you mean by these ages. What makes the transition from one of these ages into another any different than the transition from September to October?

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
You asked if Christianity will go "the way of pisces" in this new age of aquarius. 
As in, end.

Still not really sure what you mean by these ages. What makes the transition from one of these ages into another any different than the transition from September to October?
Like with the year, there are seasons to the Precession. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Christianity the name might end, maybe not, but the essence of what Christian religion is will not.

Truth worship.

This is true religion, and even if forgotten it will be rediscovered. However, even if people cease and religion with it, God will always be there.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I am sure there is some truth to Christianity.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
There is some truth to everything in creation, but The Truth is God.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Probably.
Mopac
Mopac
The essence of Christianity maybe can't be simplified into Truth worship...

Christian religion is to ABIDE in The Truth.

Maybe that is more accurate.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I haven't studied Christianity in real depth. I am always willing to learn, though.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I don't believe that Christianity is going away any time soon. The church has survived in times of devil worship and persecution before. You can't kill The Truth. 
What is the most the enemy can do? Destroy the letter, and even that would be a difficult task, if not impossible. The spirit is where the life is. Christianity is a religion of the spirit. The Spirit of Truth.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
What is the TRUTH, with a capital T?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
By the grace of God my mission here is to educate. I will do as God allows me.

The Truth is The Supreme and Ultimate Reality. That is what we calll God.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Ok, but I don't know what that has to do with your version of Truth.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Whatever The Truth actually is, that is The Truth.

Knowledge of The Truth is not the same thing as The Truth. 

Christianity is not gnosticism, which is faith in understanding. Christianity is faith in The Word of God, which is The Truth.

It's relationship to The Truth. A personal relationship with God, which we all naturally have as we all have our own experience.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
The fish is representative of the view that Jesus drank like a fish he was a soak.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Fish symbolism, combined with cross symbolism is because Christianity is the least correct of all religions.

You're a fish waiting to be eaten up by the sharks of this world if you're Christian. A cross turned 45 degrees is basically an X and X means wrong. You could argue that X marks the hidden treasure but this is also true, the hidden treasure is that God is Satan. They are the SAME FUCKING BEING. God is cruel, seductive and relishes in the suffering of the unwise. God is a liar, enjoys being one and rewards only those wise enough to decipher her puzzles.

In time you will realise that 'anti-Christ' is not even a being because the son of the Devil is the same thing as the son of God and God's child was Jesus. Jesus is his own anti-self and that's why he engineered his own suicide despite having every means to avoid it.
Mopac
Mopac
 I appreciate the fact that the one religion the person who goes by "madman" denounces is Christianity.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
By the grace of God my mission here is to educate.
Your biggest failure yet.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Whatever The Truth actually is, that is The Truth.

Knowledge of The Truth is not the same thing as The Truth.
It truly is amazing how many words you use but never say anything.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
I wish you would write a book. Even a small three or four chapter one. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
The fish symbolism of Christianity denotes the Age of Pisces. Will Christianity go the way of Pisces, as we enter the Age of Aquarius?

It is extremely unlikely, if we are to take the scriptures at face value. Christianity will go the way of the Bull and Ram (moses' time) that preceded the fish.. Jesus was forever referencing  fish / fishermen. 
The sign for Aquarius (as you know) is a man pouring a jug of water over the earth and sometimes represented by two wavy lines representing water like the Egyptian sign for water.

I don't know where you live but the U.K. hasn't seen so much water these past 25-30 years that it did prior to this period. What was it the ancients knew?  How and why did they choose these specific images to represent the twelve houses of the Zodiac. Why was this zodiac recreated in the inner sanctum of the Holy of Holies in Jerusalem, why was this zodiac painted on the ceiling of the temple of Hathor in Dendera Egypt? These ancients knew more about the cosmos than we give the credit for.

There is an interesting conversation in the OT where it is said Joseph warned his family who were seeking refuge in Egypt not to tell the Pharaoh that they were shepherds:

When Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation?
That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.
So from this we can clearly get that the Egyptian were at the time worshiping the bull the lord (god) of the house Taurus . Whereas these relations of Joseph  were Ram worshipers of the house of Aries.
 Why do you think that is?