"unmaksing", did right wing people actually believe this?

Author: HistoryBuff

Total: 31
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
I opened up the news and read how no one did anything wrong in the "unmasking" investigation. I had no idea anyone thought this was a thing, but apparently Hannity and Lou Dobs said this was "the greatest scandal in american history". But there was absolutely no scandal to be found. 

So my question is, did right wing people actually believe this? Does this not make you question what fox news tells you when they hype a "scandal" just for it to turn out to be absolutely nothing?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
yes because it is an observable investigation within the DOJ...
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
yes because it is an observable investigation within the DOJ...
The idea behind why this would be investigated sounds super flimsy. And since they found no wrong doing, it obviously was. So does this not make you question why fox news played it up as "the greatest scandal in american history" when it was literally nothing?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@HistoryBuff
I've honestly don't think I've even heard about it.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@SirAnonymous
I hadn't heard of it until the news stories came out saying it was nothing. but apparently this was a big deal in the fox news bubble. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@HistoryBuff
I try to avoid sites like fox news. I'm not interested in news sites that are selling outrage for clicks.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@SirAnonymous
I try to avoid sites like fox news. I'm not interested in news sites that are selling outrage for clicks.
Yeah, I try to as well. That's why I was curious what people who actually do watch fox thought about this. Because no one else has ever heard of this "scandal" and now fox will switch to some new fantasy scandal biden has committed. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
the democrats crimes are being unvelied
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
the democrats crimes are being unvelied
this is, in no way, and answer to anything that was said in this thread. They found no evidence of wrongdoing in this "unmasking" nonsense. So how exactly are "crimes being unvelied"?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
theres tons of evidence
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
theres tons of evidence
lol, sure there is. And it was investigated. And they found no evidence of wrong doing. 

This is the same as when trump said there was widespread voter fraud and ordered a commission to investigate. then they found no evidence it had ever happened. Next week Fox will have some new "evidence" and it won't pan out either. They just want to keep out outraged at some hypothetical nonsense. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Well the Russiagate fake scandal lasted 4 years, so Fox has the next 4 years to push their fake scandal.

News is good at manufacturing outrage.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The party that demands that we "listen to the science" is the same party that censors scientists they don't like.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Well the Russiagate fake scandal lasted 4 years, so Fox has the next 4 years to push their fake scandal.
the difference is trump actually does have lots of ties to russia. and lied about them over and over. While no criminal action was found, those ties are absolutely there. "unmasking" is in no way criminal. There was never any evidence of criminality. 

News is good at manufacturing outrage.
I agree. And msnbc and CNN way oversold the russia issue. But that does not excuse Fox news for making up shit completely and selling it to gullible idiots as the "biggest scandal in US history". 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
the difference is trump actually does have lots of ties to Russia. 

So what? It wasn't an issue until 2016 when Obama decided to use the Russian tactic of using the state militia to eliminate the political opposition.

Obama actually used Gestapo tactics, not Trump. Trump has actually told the FBI to stand down in many instances instead of destroying his political opposition.

It's well documented that Russia routinely uses the state enforcers to eliminate political opposition, and Obama learned and used that on Trump.

I remember a post you made a while back lamenting the fact that Trump refused to use Gestapo tactics by refusing to use the FBI to investigate Hunter in Ukraine.

You're so inconsistent with your positions.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
the difference is trump actually does have lots of ties to Russia. 
So what?
So trump and his campaign said over and over and over they had no ties to russia. then dozens of ties were found to russia. If they had come out and said here are our ties to russia, everything is above board, people would have been suspicious but at least they were open about it. But instead they hid everything making it all look extremely shady. 

It wasn't an issue until 2016 when Obama decided to use the Russian tactic of using the state militia to eliminate the political opposition.
i have no idea what this is supposed to mean. 

Obama actually used Gestapo tactics, not Trump.
no, no he did not. 

Trump has actually told the FBI to stand down in many instances instead of destroying his political opposition.
and has ordered tons of fake investigations of his political opposition. like say, extorting ukraine for dirt on biden, this whole "unmasking" mess, he pushed that too. 

I remember a post you made a while back lamenting the fact that Trump refused to use Gestapo tactics by refusing to use the FBI to investigate Hunter in Ukraine.
I have no idea what you mean. There was never any legitimate concern Hunter was involved in anything criminal in Ukraine. He was a figure head appointed for PR purposes after the supposed crimes were committed. And trump tried to extort Ukraine to do his dirty work for him by investigating it and smearing Joe. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It’s increasingly difficult now to quarrel with the assertion that the Obama Administration Department of Justice (DOJ) with its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) unleashed is the full blown American Gestapo. The evidence is already overwhelming that the DOJ knowingly, purposefully and illegally tried to impede the Trump presidential campaign while using every tactic at its disposal to assist Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign including saving her from a richly deserved criminal indictment. And more hard evidence is still oozing out despite the herculean efforts of the DOJ/FBI to prevent release of its documented criminal behavior from becoming public.

From AG Holder’s actions on the Michael Brown case in Ferguson, MO that literally put a bulls eye on the back of police officers everywhere to AG Lynch recusing herself from the Clinton prosecution decision once she was assured that her FBI Director Comey would do his illegal part to ensure that Clinton would not face prosecution. We also know that the FBI’s domestic spying activities on Trump campaign officials received substantial help from the White House and the so labeled “leakers and liars” of the National Intelligence and Central Intelligence Agencies. And all the while Obama, at his own insistence, was kept current on every detail.

The information now emerging shows just how smarmy and corrupt the Administration was. This illegal, corrupt and unchecked behavior at the highest levels of our government is something I never imagined could happen in this country, yet here it is and it makes Watergate pale in comparison. Watergate was a third rate burglary of the office of the Democrat National Committee by five incompetent burglars tied to the then president’s reelection campaign wherein the ultimate crime was that the President and ‘all the President’s men’ tried to cover it up and lied about it. This is so much more given that the highest levels of the government were actually hands on in executing it. Although ex-FBI Director Comey is the fall guy du jour for good reason, it is inconceivable and likely impossible that he was acting on his own and certainly there will be other shoes to drop.

Russia could not possibly have influenced the presidential election more than the criminal manner our own government did including planting and nurturing the seed (Trump Dossier) that Russia was the culprit behind it – and the resulting endless and senseless “Russian Investigation” that continues today.
This whole affair is frightening and depressing and the most important question is how in the world can the US government ever regain any credibility and the trust of the American people? Trust in the government and its institutions is a fundamental tenet of our democracy. It’s very difficult to comprehend how this could happen in America.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff

Why am I not surprised?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin

OBAMA’S FBI – KGB RULES AND GESTAPO TACTICS

Another gem from our nation’s crime fighting bureaucracy:

“In a handful of criminal cases around the country, local police officers have testified in recent months that non-disclosure agreements with the FBI forbid them from acknowledging the use of secret cellphone-tracking devices. In some, prosecutors have settled cases rather than risk revealing, during court proceedings, sensitive details about the use of the devices.”

I want to clarify one thing- I’m pro law enforcement, period. But I am also a patriotic American citizen who cherishes our Constitution.
I understand fully that today in Obama’s America, cops have one of the worst, most thankless jobs possible. Being a cop is always a tough job due to the nature of the beast. Locking people up isn’t the best way to win friends and influence people.

Under Obama’s Justice Department things have gotten completely out of control. Murders of Police Officers have sky rocketed and the ensuing mayhem caused by groups like Black Lives Matter have made many urban centers resemble third world war zones.
The polarization and politicization of today’s law enforcement can be blamed directly on the Justice Department and the current and previous Attorney Generals- Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder.

The administration’s contempt for the Constitution and rule of law combined with their attitude of being exempt from our laws is clearly on display here.
The FBI is using electronic devices that gather private cell phone information on random American citizens during investigations of criminals. This is total bs.

Further, the Feds are making local officers sign non-disclosure agreements in the process, swearing them to secrecy. Most transparent administration ever? Hardly. This activity has been litigated ad-nauseam and clearly violates the 4th Amendment.

For those who need a refresher on your Constitutional rights:

FOURTH AMENDMENT:

The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides, “[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

The Founding Fathers intent was clear: They were subjected to all sorts of legal fishing expeditions by the British authorities during the Revolutionary War era.
They knew very well that the “authorities” could always manage to “find” something, some “evidence” against a citizen if they raided their house and property.
This “evidence” could then be used to manufacture a case against the accused and gain a conviction. It’s a very convenient way to silence or jail troublemakers… and Patriots.

The FBI is no different. They know they should be getting warrants to use these devices just like when they would wiretap someone (back when we used wires):
The FBI also stated that it requires officers to obtain a search warrant to use the device, unless the case involves an emergency such as a kidnapping, missing child or crime that could lead to imminent death. The updated warrant policy was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The bureau had previously said it obtains court orders — which require a lesser standard than the probable cause required for a warrant — to use the devices. Judges, however, typically are not informed by the law enforcement agencies that they are planning to use a cell-site simulator.
Instead, orders are often granted for the purpose of obtaining cell-tower information from a phone company.
Again- I don’t have a problem with law enforcement using every tool at their disposal to arrest criminals. But this power needs to be monitored and checked:

“The clarification sheds new light on the bureau’s policy on the controversial technology following months of reports about the growing use of the devices by state and local police without the express approval of judges. It also comes as the Justice Department is finalizing a review of federal law enforcement agencies’ use of the devices.”
While they have no compunction about violating the privacy rights of literally millions of American citizens through warrantless surveillance, they practically melt down at the suggestion we do the same to the local Mosque where the next terror bombing is potentially being planned.
It’s an absolute disgrace that this is going on. The DOJ’s conduct is so egregious that some states are taking action on their own to limit further abuse:

In Washington State on Monday, Gov. Jay Inslee (D) signed into law a measure that requires a warrant for the use of cell-site simulators, accompanied by an application describing the type of device to be used, the target phone number and the geographic area to be covered. The law also orders the police to delete any information collected from any bystander who is not a target.

I remember when President Bush signed the Patriot Act in the aftermath of 9-11. The government said at the time that they would be too busy tracking down terrorists to look at the private communications of the average American citizen.

As with most anything the government says anymore, you just can’t believe it.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Why am I not surprised?
because you regularly spout off vague conspiracy theory nonsense that anyone who doesn't watch fox news cannot understand. So people regularly have no idea what you are talking about unless they are in the same right wing bubble you are. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
they found tons
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
How about you go line by line with the 2 articles I posted and explain why it is bullshit.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff

Streisand effect is making this a story when it really should not have been.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I opened up the news and read how no one did anything wrong in the "unmasking" investigation. I had no idea anyone thought this was a thing, but apparently Hannity and Lou Dobs said this was "the greatest scandal in american history". But there was absolutely no scandal to be found. 

So my question is, did right wing people actually believe this? Does this not make you question what fox news tells you when they hype a "scandal" just for it to turn out to be absolutely nothing?
Obviously, Trumpists are not evidence-based believers.  The act of belief is predicated on loyalty to Trump, not the other way around.  Membership in the club means believing as you are told and updating those beliefs as delivered without inquiry  or curiosity.  The facts of any case are not relevant to the act of loyalty which precedes any truth.  There is no interest in unmasking as a matter of law only in its value as an attack vs. an ever widening gyre of enemies domestic and foreign, real and fake.

The headline here is that the vagueness that was Obamagate is now dead as a venue for attack.  Time to make them believe something else.  On Tuesday Trump tried "Biden had Navy Seals killed" and bin Laden is still alive (al-Qaeda heartily endorses Trump forever, btw).  Today, the Seal who killed bin Laden sweetly chastised our silly fucked up president like a child on twitter "Very brave men said goodby to their kids to go kill Osama bin Laden. We were given the order by President Obama. It was not a body double. Thank you Mr. President. Happy birthday"

What's amazing is that the truth is so much juicier than any conspiracy theory could concoct:  that a former Director of National  Intelligence was secretly talking to top spies in Russia behind America's back- not advising or warning or coordinating with any secure channel or any other agent.  That is what's called catching a spy.  When confronted, the spy lies about his contacts.  Then the spy admits that he was taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from Russian and Turkish intelligence and covering that up too.  These are not controversial facts, several judges have ruled on the veracity of this account, the spy himself has twice confirmed his treason under oath.  Consult any Tom Clancy or James Bond movie on this point: a guy with that much information and an inclination to take Russian money is best murdered with expedience.  Not, as history would actually have it, appointed National Security Advisor post-confession.   When the Attorney General tried to warn Trump, Trump fired her.  When reporters started to ask questions, Trump lied.  Not, as history would have it, a spy actively protected by the Commander-in-Chief until it becomes apparent that US Intelligence had the goods on him.

Yes, when high ranking government officials are caught secretly working for foreign governments, we want to unmask those names.  We Americans who aren't on Putin's payroll expect our Presidents to track that treasonous shit with  more alacrity.  The FBI and CIA were tracking a Russian spy, as we the people well warrant them.  That Trump chose that Russian spy to be his presidential campaign's chief advisor on foreign policy is not just Trump's terrible judgement.  Obama warned Trump that Flynn was a spy on the day after the election.  If Trump had any problem with putting Putin's influence at the core of US Intelligence, he's never shown any regret.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@HistoryBuff
-->@HistoryBuff
How about you go line by line with the 2 articles I posted and explain why it is bullshit.
I shouldn't bother.   It's not as if the cut & pasted & unattributed material has more credibility than your average bathroom wall.  

• The first piece is 2 year old opinion from the editor and sole contributor of a  free bi-weekly out of a trailer park called Cave Creek that calls itself the conservative voice of Arizona, much to  Barry Goldwater's post-mortem distress.
  • The second piece is a 4 year old opinion from a Philadelphia fire chief published in Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.  Media Bias Fact Check advises readers to never trust information from these extremists
    • "Overall, we rate Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children Questionable based on Extreme Right bias, promotion of conspiracies and propaganda, lack of ownership transparency and numerous instances of publishing fake news as verified through several failed fact checks.
      • Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Failed Fact Checks
        Founded in 2011 by Rick (Tank) Ferran, Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children is a conservative news website as well as an online store that sells conservative related merchandise. According to their about page “Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children is a community founded by United States Marine Veterans to bring awareness of the lame stream media.” They state their mission as to “raise awareness of threats foreign and domestic against our Constitutional Rights by providing accurate news, commentary, and facilitating the organization of Patriot groups in the defense of Freedom.” 
      • Funded by / Ownership
      • The website does not openly state ownership. Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children is funded through advertising and an online store that sells branded merchandise as well conservative and pro-Trump items.
      • Analysis / Bias
      • In review, Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children publishes news and opinions with a strong right leaning bias. Story selection always favors the right and utilizes strong emotional wording such as this, 
        • AL ABORTION BAN – LEFTISTS IN MELTDOWN OVER “PATRIARCHY”. This particularly story is poorly sourced to tweets rather than credible media sources. Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children frequently publishes propaganda pieces highlighting the dangers of illegal immigration such as this: 
        • TEXAS ILLEGAL ALIEN CHARGED WITH 12 MURDERS OF ELDERLY WOMEN, MAYBE HUNDREDS MORE. This story is sourced to the Associated Press and the factually Mixed Daily Wire. The headline of the story is very misleading as it claims there may be 100’s more murdered by this man, however the article states that police are investigating 750 other deaths. It does not mean this man was responsible for 100’s of them. This is classic propaganda to seize on a factual statement and make an unknown claim that cannot be substantiated.
        • In another article they promote the conspiracy that former President Obama is a Muslim as well as the age old debunked birth certificate conspiracy.  In general, story selection always favors the right and sometimes poor sources are utilized. They also do not distinguish between straight news and opinion, which is misleading. It is safe to say most content on this website is opinion.
        • Further, they frequently publish outright false or misleading claims and memes on their social media pages. See below.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@oromagi
Media Bias Thought Check advises readers to never trust information or opinions or crime thoughts from these extremists

This is a propaganda line that a Mini-Minister for cancel culture on DART would say.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
Does this not make you question what fox news tells you when they hype a "scandal" just for it to turn out to be absolutely nothing?
I have no clue what this "unmasking" even is.

I will tell you that this is much less characteristic of right-wing news sources than it is left-wing ones. Jussie Smollett, "Russia collusion"/Mueller Report, hyping up the illegally-taped Melania phone calls for no reason, and multiple other fake hate crime hoaxes were all hyped up and essentially all lies.

Damn near every single BLM martyr this year was some drug addict/drug dealer who got killed while violently resisting arrest or attacking a cop. Those are all hyped up by the anti-White mainstream media then the corrections are silently added to articles or ignored completely.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
The MAGA kids bullshit alone should grant right-wingers street credit for at least 3 quality fake conspiracies.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Speaking of the Covington kids, I have found something beyond parody.

"Time to Take on the Covington Smirk"

"Harris won’t stop her ‘smirk.’ Nor should she. It’s Black women’s superpower."

Both WaPo
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Smirkgate