Debates: 12
janesix

Many species of identical organisms found at the poles

Stronn
Debates: 0
Stronn
-->
@janesix
The article itself gives a possible explanation.

"Today, most scientists think the species travel a deepwater conveyor belt called the thermohaline circulation, the ocean-wide phenomenon responsible for currents such as the Atlantic's Gulf Stream. Because cold water at both poles changes salinity and sinks as it spreads, it forms discrete submarine rivers that descend at the equator and resurface at opposite ends of the planet. Along the way, temperatures only waver between 2 to 4 degrees Celsius, consistent enough for most polar dwellers to survive. The creatures themselves make the journey from one pole to its antipode suspended as larvae or eggs, or as live adults, reproducing over generations on their 9,500-kilometer trek before arriving 400 to 600 years later. To return to their pole of origin it could take another 1,600 years because of prevailing currents."
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Matthew, Mark, Luke and or John maybe can better explain it?
Keeping in mind Bats are birds.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@janesix
Well, one thing is for certain
It's An article.   √
with more than two pictures.  √
so we know its legit.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Once you realise the Earth is flat and that some very mysterious beings control the centre and edge (edge being Antarctica), you will begin to comprehend just why the same kind can be at both.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
bwuahahahahahaha
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
This is a programmed response, the other is the angry insulting one.

Both of these responses are to do with a different lack of wisdom.

Those that laugh lack the wisdom of knowing that being right matters more than being happy.

Those that don't laugh and don't insult but don't believe have the same lack of wisdom and likely are Buddhist somewhat in their approach to life.

Those that insult angrily lack the wisdom to know that being right involves constantly being ready to be proven wrong.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
bwuahahahahahaha

Cos it's so funny.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Alright then.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
the Earth is flat 

If our perceptions accurately reflect reality then this is demonstrably false. You are welcome to believe things that are demonstrably false but I am unable to do so.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
Do you know that vision has a maximum point? If you zoom in on water and see a boat and it's very tiny looking, zoom out and it totally disappears.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
Did you know that there are satelites equiped with cameras in orbit around the earth?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
Do you not see how disproportionate that image is? You are telling me that a whole half of Earth at that time was North and South America? Photoshop fail?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
There are many pictures available including pictures taken from earths moon. Just type "satellite pictures of earth" into the Google search engine and you will have literally thousands of images at your disposal. I'm afraid that in this you are mistaken.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
Mhmm, I am sure there are. I notice you didn't deny how disproportionate the Continents of the Americas was in that image.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
It would seem to be the angle the picture was taken from. In any case you are mistaken in this.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
Why am I mistaken? Did you even watch both videos?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
There is compelling evidence and peer reviewed studies which confirm the earth is a rough spheroid. There are conspiracy theories with no scientific backing which claim the earth is flat. Also human beings travel to space regularly and you and I are dependent on satellites to communicate with each other. If your hypothesis were correctvwe could not actually discuss it.

YouTube videos are not adequate citation in and of themselves though many such videos based on science fact do have an attached bibliography which could be considered adequate citation.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
There are peer reviewed studies, yes. There is not compelling evidence, no, but that's a matter of who it has to compel.

The conspiracy theories have a plethora of scientific backing and contradictions found in the opposite side's story in multiple places as well as major slip-ups on their part in logo selection among many other things. Then again, I don't think it's a mistake. If they want the smarter among us to find out, then a lot makes sense. A darker outlook is that they are taunting the smarter among like 'haha we know you know but there's nothing you can do to stop us'. Really I think it's both, we can't stop them and they want the smarter among us to work that out and join them.

I've yet to be included in their goings on so for now I await my journey to commence. It may never do, I may well die but then again dying in a simulated reality which this well could be isn't all that bad, I was 'dead' before I was born for all intents and purposes and it must be quite peaceful indeed.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@RationalMadman
If you zoom in on water and see a boat and it's very tiny looking, zoom out and it totally disappears.
The first part over the water looking at the buoy is pointless. Instead, have the camera zoom in on a large ship sailing away to see it slowly disappear over the horizon. The next ones are deceiving because the cameras are at high altitudes allowing to see further than if they were at sea level. No idea what the high altitude camera with wide angle lens panning around is trying to show. Pointless video.

Photoshop fail?
What evidence do you have the composite was Photoshop -ed? Where is your proof?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
Citation needed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
My proof is that half the Earth is apparently North and South America. Not to mention how there's no room at all for Antarctica in that image because of how south the south-end of South America goes.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
The video is only pointless if you go into it with the mentality of proving round-earth theory right. What you have said is that if we zoom in on a boat and it disappears even when zoomed-in that this proves it but this just allows further vision, not unlimited vision and that limit itself is the reason it 'disappears'.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@RationalMadman
Once you realise the Earth is flat and that some very mysterious beings control the centre and edge (edge being Antarctica)
Of course you've seen these beings and have plenty of pictures and videos to show us Antarctica being controlled by them?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
If I did, I'd either be blackmailed, dead or one of them and willingly lying. (or both blackmailed and one of them now).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
Actually just to be clear, some of the beings are what janesix posted about, you don't know what they turn into when the lights go out etc.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@RationalMadman
The video is only pointless if you go into it with the mentality of proving round-earth theory right.
No, the video was simply pointless, like a broken pencil, without point, no point available, sans point. Right.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@RationalMadman
Actually, you were not clear nor did you provide any evidence of these beings. Do you have anything at all other than assertion?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
would you be willing to watch a long video and look into what it says? The only thing I think he got wrong is he says we never see satellites cross the moon but at times it has occurred even though the object between us and the moon needn't be an actual 'satellite' in the sense we know it. I don't even understand how satellite prove anything, you can make them spin 360 degrees 'around' the sky etc which is much bigger than you think and will give a a false 'up-down' effect like the sun.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
would you like another video about flat earth theory? that video was purely a defence against the horizon argument.