History Explained Ep. 3: The First Crusade, Feat. ScumAnonymous

Author: SirAnonymous

Total: 3
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Disclaimer: This is purely for entertainment. It is not intended to parody any specific person, nor is it intended to be an accurate representation of any political movements mentioned in it. I am entirely aware that no one actually thinks like this (I hope, anyway). I wonder whether anyone actually reads these copy-pasted disclaimers. This is completely satirical. None of the below content necessarily reflects my own opinions and beliefs.

HISTORY EXPLAINED
Episode 3, 10/18/2020: The First Crusade
A production of the DART Bard
Featuring ScumAnonymous

Well, pal, it all started in 1095 when the Byzantine emperor noticed the Seljuq Turks were steppin' on his turf. He knew that, if that kept up, he and his empire would be wearin' cement overshoes. So off he went to ask the big boss, Pope Urban II, for some help. Boss Urban was a real pal, so he went around his home turf in France to get people to help the emperor. Well, some hermit named Peter and a knight called Walter got all carried away and led a bunch of reckless fellers east. Before they got there, they fought battles in Hungary cause they were hungry. When they finally did get to the front, well, pal, that was a blood red August, and it wasn't Seljuq blood, let me tell you. But those fellers were just small fry. The real deal started when the French and Norman bosses got together with their boys. Thirty-five thousand knights joined up with the emperor and his boys and got ready to whoop some Turks. They took Nicaea first. Then the Normans ran into the Turks, who were led by Arslan - yes, pal, Arslan, not Aslan. Pay attention, there ain't no lions in this story. As I was saying, the Normans ran into the Turks, and they were in some trouble until the French got there. Back then, see, the French weren't no surrender monkeys. They whooped the Turks and marched on Antioch. It took them so long to take the city that hundreds of the crusaders starved, see. Well, that made them real mad, pal, real mad. They marched on Jerusalem, and when they took it, it was a bloody day.  They meant business, and they didn't mess around. Even people who hid in mosques and synagogues were blown away. They even burned a synagogue full of people. It wasn't pretty, pal, but it kept the Seljuq Turks off their turf for years.

ScumAnonymous is a Chicago-based mafioso and sports writer.

Special Announcement:
Our old friend Mopac is back. Go say hello to him in his AMA before he leaves permanently to become a monk.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
This is brilliant
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@MisterChris
Thanks!