Best Way to Start a Convo with a person you don't know but wan't to and eventually be friends/gf

Author: Vader

Total: 11
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
This is the best way to do those from my experience. Full proof and works too. This can work on a crush

I like to start with probably following a friend around that knows them better or maybe asking someone closer to you for the homework or something

1. Once the convo starts going, talk about something you can relate it and discuss further
2. Once you talk about this topic, drag it on until a certain time. This way you can charm people but not annoy them
3. Wait around 5min until you chime in again. Try to comment on a remark, like, agree or nah.
4. Once an opening opens up, then ask for snaps. That way you can start streaks or stuff and actually talk
5. Ask questions if they share a teacher or in the same class. It is a ok if they know the answer
6. Say hi or sup in the halls or wherever you see them. I like to talk about school, but in a bad situation, try talking sports or something. Even drama is worth it.
7. Be funny. That grabs the insta-W
8. Once you start talking more and more to a person, you can eventually kinda sit down and start chatting frequently with them
9. One day you can ask to hang, then you be gucci and that's a start!
10. They introduce you to their friends and you repeat the process over

That is the Supa way of doing things here! 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
And then you discover after all that hard work that all your friends are really opportunistic parasites.
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
I find the best way is to either strike up a conversation that either both of you or the other person is interested in. Whether that be gaming history, racial topics, cars, music, whatever. The best thing to do is listen when they're talking and be interested, and they should hopefully do the same.

The other option is to find some way to share a story. Not a random out of the blue story, but one that relates to the clear topic at hand. If you're talking about cool longboarding stuff, tell a story about you and a friend going down a big hill, or about that time a car almost hit you. The story needs to be easy to understand or very related to the specific topic. Otherwise it's just you interrupting a discussion to tell a random story. 

Basically personal stories instigate memories for more stories, whether they be your own or the other person's stories. 

Oh and if the conversation ends and there's silence, don't just say goodbye and walk away, or try to say some dumb filler stuff. Let the silence happen for a moment, whether that be because someone is doing something or because there's nothing more to say. If the silence goes on for a while, then try and talk about something else. If nothing else comes to mind, ask if they want to do something else, like walk around or go grab lunch or something. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
That is the circle of life bruh     
Vader
Vader
-->
@Vaarka
That is a good strategy to this tip. When you relate to someone about something, it helps you with this. This helps me with my friendship even led to my closest friendship, despite us going to different school for 4-5 years. However, I don't think that alone works. Especially now, convos about the topic are too short and that long moment of silence would be too awkward.

With crushes and things like that, you can not jump the gun and say, food or something. You have to play it smooth and still and then lean your way in.
XLAV
XLAV
People should know that this won't work every time. There will be people who'll have different interests and you won't be able to talk about anything. If you start talking to them it'll lead to an awkward silence.
Vader
Vader
-->
@XLAV
It works for me like 97% of the time. It could just be my personality or that I just like a lot of things. Either way
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Vader
That is a good strategy to this tip. When you relate to someone about something, it helps you with this. This helps me with my friendship even led to my closest friendship, despite us going to different school for 4-5 years. However, I don't think that alone works. Especially now, convos about the topic are too short and that long moment of silence would be too awkward.

With crushes and things like that, you can not jump the gun and say, food or something. You have to play it smooth and still and then lean your way in.

It's okay to relate to someone but you can also have a good conversation where you share something you're interested in, and then they share something they're interested in

so long as you both give time to talk and listen
Vader
Vader
-->
@Vaarka
It's okay to relate to someone but you can also have a good conversation where you share something you're interested in, and then they share something they're interested in
That is a very good strategy itself. You can also "transition" from something very subtly. For example you could be talking about MacBeth with your partner and they could say, "Lady MacBeth is a psychopath." If you know the person likes a sport team, like the Bears and you like them too, you could be like "Yea she is pretty psycho bro, kind of like Matt Nagy when HE RAN THE FOOTBALL on 3rd and 5" and that could start a whole convo. Then if they know more than you, you could say then like, "What do you think about Trubisky or Mack." 

so long as you both give time to talk and listen

That is very key

1639 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I'd say,
Keep in frequent positive interaction,
Is how most people become and stay friends.

People who hang out together,
Whether sitting around, eating food, drinking, video games, board games, hiking, walking,
Doesn't really matter what 'generally speaking,
Though speaking in 'particulars it can matter.

Talk of good times and bad times,
Enjoy good times memories,
Empathy of bad times,
Generally speaking fine,
People often feel more comfortable when they think they know someone,
Though it can be bad to put trust in unknown people, people can be opportunistic as  Greyparrot says.
. . .

Though Topic says best way to 'start, , ,
I don't try to make friends, I think,
But if I did, I suppose I'd either just state it,
Or try to produce frequent positive interactions,
Invite to stuff, accept invitations to stuff, talk to, ask help, give help, so on.
. . .

(Passing thought)
Not everyone 'wants to be friends.
Not speaking of myself,
Just a thought, of which depends on individuals and their circumstances,
Maybe it's better to continue efforts towards some people despite,
Maybe better to give up on others.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Or people like to be friends,
But don't like interacting 'so much,