I will just like to say goodbye.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 9
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
This time I have really gotten bored of debating, I'm not quitting because I'm addicted to debating but because I'm bored of it. I just posted a round of simple argumentation to one debate and that's it I am done here.

I know what you are thinking but I just wanted you to know that I am done with debating and that I never joined this site to 'rise to the top' in and of itself, I came to be the best at debating even if the Elo didn't show it. The competitiveness was for show and in reality I am more humble than a lot of you realise but that's fine by me.

I think it has gotten to a point where I enter a debate, know the ways it can pan out and get too bored to 'type it out' and passionately fight to the end.

Even if I tried and then lost, even that loss no longer seems to be based on an actual error of logic on my part but instead an error in grasping how voters perceive strength of arguments and what matters more vs less, this even applies to rap battles and songs.

I do appreciate what spending (not wasting) my life debating on this website has done for me and I may come on now and again as a forum chatter. I guess Trump losing and some other things going well for me IRL have led to me finally understanding that I don't need to argue my way through life in actuality, even if I'm right. People really are capable of seeing truth at times and when they don't it's not really my duty to 'prove them wrong' other than those that really matter to me and seek my wisdom and vice versa, no one's duty to convince me of the truth if I believe a lie.

I think that true strategy dictates that we avoid the need to debate as much as possible, even if we are lawyers. Instead the superior strategist uses evidence and relies on 'common sense' notions which (if wrong) they gently nudge but don't brutally say is 'wrong'. These are the people who actually go furthest in life and prove people wrong in any true sense.

I can sit here all day typing and what have I achieved? In the past, I gained wisdom but it seems that I'm no longer learning 'how to think' or 'how to debate', just 'how to angle the debating so that voters back me up'. It's not fun, it's not rewarding and I also never really got over how David/Virtuoso and Ragnar betrayed me the way they did and never once admitted they were wrong. 

If I combine everything together, this is a place I no longer gain wisdom, joy or even anything close to friendship from. That's why I am done regularly engaging here. You can think whatever you want about me and 'bet when he will return'. I seriously don't see me coming back to actually debate, I may come back to post rarely in the forums because I feel like sometimes there really is information to garner from someone who's more researched in a political, theological or whatever else realm and challenging them is a good way to open your mind based on their reply. Other than that, there's not much keeping me here, I have to finish off the fantasy football league but that doesn't require me to use this website. I think I'll get fourth there, out of ten. Which isn't that bad considering how little I knew of the sport or the game structure of fantasy football to begin with.

I may get sixth though, who knows? Thanks for giving me wisdom and a hobby for a long while in my life.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, I wish you well in life.
seldiora
Debates: 158
seldiora
-->
@RationalMadman
unfortunate you had to go. I think David downright isn’t even here to apologize and Ragnar might still be stuck in his “can’t be defeated” Debate mindset. You could debate him over it but I think he already has the ending in his mind and you probably couldn’t beat him unless you channeled Roy. Plus he reduced it below one month which was more logical than 40 days

BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
I relate to some of the things you said.

That said, debating is about convincing and not who's right. Trying to please the voters can lead to burnout for debaters.

Goodbye!
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
peace 

12 days later

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Know this is late but cya you weren't mean to me whatsoever so goodbye
Username
Debates: 9
Username
I think you'll be back one day. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
The competitiveness was for show and in reality I am more humble than a lot of you realise but that's fine by me.
Yeah I believe you.
I guess Trump losing and some other things going well for me IRL have led to me finally understanding that I don't need to argue my way through life in actuality, even if I'm right.
I think Covid and his take on Mail in ballots lost him the presidency but its just a guess.
I can sit here all day typing and what have I achieved?
Yeah I believe you.

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
Bye ;(