What happens next?

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 130
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I'm not even saying I disagree, just, ya know, prove it. Cite something, anything. Also I was referring to your question, of "how did we get to hitler?"

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
nope, zedvictor started the hitler convo
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Megalomania.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Theweakeredge
Therefore if I were to use your logic, we shouldn't allow heterosexuals to raise children because the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual.
I'm convinced. Please link me to this petition.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Therefore if I were to use your logic, we shouldn't allow heterosexuals to raise children because the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual.
Are they really? Then those homo pedos are hogging all the limelight, what with the Catholic church, the boys scouts, and what not. Are pedos answering surveys?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
If you actually want to read our entire argument then its there, to answer your question, we use the statistically reported number, and its actually linked inDr. Franklin's debate.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
great
Username
Username
-->
@ethang5
Are they really? Then those homo pedos are hogging all the limelight, what with the Catholic church, the boys scouts, and what not. Are pedos answering surveys?
Don't think that's how that works. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Username

Don't think that's how that works. 
You don't think that's how WHAT works?
Username
Username
-->
@ethang5
You don't think that's how WHAT works?

Pedophilia is more sexually ambivalent than normal sexuality. Pedophiles being attracted to kids of the same gender doesn't mean that they're attracted to adults of the same gender, too; it's not a predictor. Also vice versa. So the notion that pedophiles are really disproportionately homosexual is false, and the notion that pedophiles are mostly straight is probably true. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
FLRW #25
@Dr.Franklin
Anti-gay activists who make that claim allege that all men who molest male children should be seen as homosexual. But research by A. Nicholas Groth, a pioneer in the field of sexual abuse of children, shows that is not so. Groth found that there are two types of child molesters: fixated and regressive. The fixated child molester — the stereotypical pedophile — cannot be considered homosexual or heterosexual because "he often finds adults of either sex repulsive" and often molests children of both sexes. Regressive child molesters are generally attracted to other adults, but may "regress" to focusing on children when confronted with stressful situations. Groth found that the majority of regressed offenders were heterosexual in their adult relationships.
The Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute notes that 90% of child molesters target children in their network of family and friends, and the majority are men married to women. Most child molesters, therefore, are not gay people lingering outside schools waiting to snatch children from the playground, as much religious-right rhetoric suggests.
Also, a new study, which attempts to correct for problems with current survey methodology (even when anonymous we don't always answer honestly), finds that 19 percent of Americans don't consider themselves heterosexual. Also, about 60 percent of pre-adolescent boys engage in homosexual activities, and there is an additional group of adult males who avoid overt contact but who are quite aware of their potentialities for reacting to other males.

ethang5
ethang5
...the notion that pedophiles are mostly straight is probably true. 
So, if I were to use your logic, we shouldn't allow heterosexuals to raise children because the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Exactly! But his logic is parroting your logic, so using your logic, yes that is the natural conclusion we reach!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
Anti-gay activists who make that claim allege that all men who molest male children should be seen as homosexual. But research by A. Nicholas Groth, a pioneer in the field of sexual abuse of children, shows that is not so. 
Shows that WHAT is not so?

Groth found that there are two types of child molesters: fixated and regressive. The fixated child molester — the stereotypical pedophile — cannot be considered homosexual or heterosexual because "he often finds adults of either sex repulsive" and often molests children of both sexes. Regressive child molesters are generally attracted to other adults, but may "regress" to focusing on children when confronted with stressful situations.
Why then can not the male regressive child molester who is attracted to other male adults and molests boys when under stress be considered homosexual?

Also, about 60 percent of pre-adolescent boys engage in homosexual activities,
This claim is obviously and intuitively untrue to everyone but homosexual activists.

...and there is an additional group of adult males who avoid overt contact but who are quite aware of their potentialities for reacting to other males.
Was this gem gotten by a survey? I'd love to see it. And what does "reacting" to other males mean? A few years ago a guy smiled and flashed his junk to me. I had him arrested. Does that count as a "reaction"?

Are you gay? You don't have to answer of course. I think all the current strife over homosexuality is due to society reacting to the left's attempt to normalize it.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
I am gay yes, all of your points weren't real ones and lacked any sources to back you up, you blatantly ignored sources which you disagreed with and didn't actually quote the entire thing. You are wrong is the message you should get from this, and if you're persistent enough I'll come back and give you a more specific reply. Also I've been pretty verbose about being gay, so... I don't know how you missed that.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
Also I've been pretty verbose about being gay, so... I don't know how you missed that.
I didn't miss it. I just got it from your stereotypically gay belief that most men (60%) are hiding homosexual .

...all of your points weren't real ones and lacked any sources to back you up
I made no points of my own. I asked questions and reacted to the answers. I will challenge whatever I think is illogical, even from someone who agrees with my personal opinion.

You didn't answer my questions. OK.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Hmm, perhaps they are perhaps they aren't, it's not really a falsifiable thing. Maybe they are hiding some level of homosexual feeling or something without being homosexual? Idk, I'm tired. Um... putting more thought into it. I don't think the asserted side has enough evidence to support it, and really I was just pointing out that you tend to ignore sources and such. Which prove you wrong especially. 
Utanity
Debates: 0
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
If your a hommo then you respectfully you should pray to God because he nose what happened to you and he will fix it for you.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
Okay now I will have to tell you to shut up. I was a Christian for the first 14 years of my life, even then I recognized that was wrong. Also notice how you don't actually respond to my point? Because you have literally no idea how to.

19 days later

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Still wait'in on that rebuttal
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
ok.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
@Theweakeredge
Is paedophilia "straight" or not, that is the question....The permutations are fourfold one would suggest.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
The actual sexuality is a non-point, as pedophilia develops differently than other sexualities, I was saying that using their logic, then it would be that way. Not that it necessarily is.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
I was just pointing out that you tend to ignore sources and such.
I don't like it when debaters use sources as arguments. They aren't. Many posters here use sources to obfuscate and misdirect. I like logical argumentation rather than source quoting. Fully 95% of the sources cited here are inconsequential to the arguments. But I do not ignore relevant and intelligent sources.

Which prove you wrong especially.
This actually proves my point. Thanks.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
No, sources provide impacts to argumentation, if you were to try to present an argument, the premises held within it have to be true for the argument to hold any weight. You do not tend to have nor even look at sources. That was my point. If you knew of logic, then you would know of soundness, which is where the argument is both valid and true.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
No,...
No what?

...sources provide impacts to argumentation,...
Sources are supposed to provide impacts to argumentation, many people post ONLY the source, no argument. 

...if you were to try to present an argument, the premises held within it have to be true for the argument to hold any weight.
The premises being true does nothing if the logic is faulty. A true source does not substitute for a good argument. Give me a good argument, and we can get to sources anytime.

You do not tend to have nor even look at sources. That was my point.
I have sources, and I do look at sources, but first, my logic is so good I rarely need sources to help my point. Also, I've already seen most of the cliché sources most posters trot out. They are young and think non one has seen their sources.

I do not play the game of "citations", where the poster demands sources for petty or obvious things, as if the ability to post a source validates ones argument. If you ask me for a citation showing that the sun is hot, for example, I will just treat you like an idiot.

If you knew of logic, then you would know of soundness, which is where the argument is both valid and true.
Can I interview you?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Sure? Do you want to do that in this thread or a new one?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
In a new one.

But hear my conditions BEFORE you agree. That way you can decide if you have any conditions yourself and find out if I will agree to them.

1. You cannot dodge any question. Flippant answers will be considered dodges.
2. No getting angry. If you cannot control your temper, don't start.
3. No premature stoppages. If you accept and begin, you must finish the interview.
4. The relevance of my questions will be decided by me, you must answer all of them.
5. You must answer truthfully. False answers or non-answers will be considered a breach.

If you agree, do you have any questions or conditions? 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Firstly, what do you mean by flippant? What you consider flippant to me could be what is considered blunt. Secondly, this is fine, but do know that there will be times when I won't be able to answer. If anything too personal is asked, there will not be an answer, period. 

Let's say:

1. A valid reason for an answer to be considered flippant.
2. One question at a time
3. Anything to personal is a no go
4. I have, at maximum, 12 hours to respond, unless otherwise agreed. 
5. If you are going into semantic territories, such as the specific definition of words within definition that is only applicable for x or y, I think you understand what I mean, then after explaining myself the question is void.
6. After every 10 questions, I am allowed the opportunity to opt out.

I don't feel these are too much to ask for.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
They are pretty good except for #6. Why would you want to opt out after only 10 questions?