I am Gay - if your god told you to murder me, would you murder me?

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 458
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
I am Gay - though I am specifically pansexual - I still trend towards being attracted to men - and your god told you to murder me (like the doctrine of the bible does) would you murder me? 
Juice
Debates: 1
Juice
If I were an Islam, you'd be six feet deep in soil.
If I were a Christian, you'd not enter heaven and burn for eternity. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
According to our worldview, there is no such thing as an innate homosexual. Rather, homosexuality is a symptom of idolatry.

Being made in the image of God, that is the true identity. The walk is about polishing that image so God shines forth. When you start identifying with the smudges that obscure the image, that is when identity issues arise.

The church does not exercise secular or worldly authority. The Church has to maintain a distinction from the state.

That all said, sexual immorality is a real thing, and it isn't harmless. It spreads disease, corrupts the psychology of a society, and creates great instability. If a government passes laws against these behaviors, they are within their right to do so. 

Mopac
Mopac
For the record, the bible doesn't say to murder. Murder is an unlawful killing.

The laws in the bible that prescribe these punishments had to do with the secular government of the Hebrew people. That being the case, executing sodomites was a lawful thing, not a murder. An execution. Capital punishment. Very different from murder.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
If god told me to do anything, I'd have a heart attack and die from surprise
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Juice
So yes?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
Lmao! Love it
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Mopac
-_- No. Stoning would you stone me if your god told me to.

Second of all, there are just as many harms in heterosexuality - more in some cases (Such as lesbian sex being some of the safest sex) therefore all sexuality is wrong? No. That doesn't follow.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Theweakeredge
The Bible does not say we should murder gay people, or anyone else. It specifically commands us not to murder. It is true that, under the Levitical Law, homosexuality was a capital crime. However, the Levitical Law does not apply to Christians because Christ fulfilled the law with His death (see Romans 3-4 and Hebrews 7). This does not mean that homosexuality isn't a sin, although it does mean that we aren't commanded to execute gay people. 

More fundamentally, however, we all deserve death according to the Bible. If you read Romans, you can see this explained in the first few chapters. In Romans 3, we learn that everyone is a sinner. In Romans 6, we learn that the penalty for sin is death. In short, you deserve death. So do I. So does everyone. Your question is somewhat misleading because it singles out gay people. The Bible doesn't single anyone out; it tells us that we're all guilty and deserving of death.

Another related point is that the Bible condemns extrajudicial killings. Thus, if I were to hear some voice tell me to go murder that person, I would immediately know that it wasn't from God because God condemns murder.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@SirAnonymous
God's condemning murder depends on the book and chapter, it's literally a book of inconsistency, and most of Leviticus was laws that were claimed to be from god, but I am saying - if you knew it to be your god commanding you, would you murder me? According to your answer no.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Theweakeredge
if you knew it to be your god commanding you, would you murder me? According to your answer no.
According to my answer, it's an impossible situation. God cannot command people to murder because it would violate His character. It's akin to asking me whether I would believe that 2+2=5 if that was proven to be the case. There is no correct answer because the situation is itself impossible.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Theweakeredge
Sexual immorality isn't just a gay thing.

But our understanding of morality has more to do with how it relates to our spiritual practice. It really isn't about weighing things like societal damage.

Also, we aren't really supposed to hold those outside the faith to the standards we are held to. 

Don't worry, if we ever ran into eachother, my God does not command me to stone you to death. I'm not a violent person besides, I don't even swat mosquitoes. 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Mopac
I'm glad, I was just curious on the philosophic principal.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTES ONCE AGAIN RELATIVE TO HOMOSEXUALS:  "For the record, the bible doesn't say to murder. Murder is an unlawful killing. The laws in the bible that prescribe these punishments had to do with the secular government of the Hebrew people. That being the case, executing sodomites was a lawful thing, not a murder. An execution. Capital punishment. Very different from murder."

Cite the biblical reference to you stating: "The laws in the bible that prescribe these punishments had to do with the secular government of the Hebrew people"

Furthermore, what part of my godly posts shown below don't you understand relating to Jesus telling the Christian to MURDER the homosexuals?!

You stupidly state that the Bible says not to murder, whereas the outcome of Leviticus 20:13 states with specificity that the Christian is to MURDER homosexuals, showing the Bible contradicts itself! When will you stop making Jesus the Christ a hypocrite by stating otherwise?!  BLASPHEME!

"If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

"For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, Leaving the natural use of the woman, Burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, And receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. . . who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, Not only do the same, But have pleasure in them that do them" (Romans 1:26-27)

Within the Bible time period, Romans 1:26-27 relates back to Leviticus 20:13, where Jesus SAID in both instances, homosexuals are to be murdered, period!  If you don't want to accept this proposition, then is Jesus still ever loving and forgiving when He promotes the DEATH of homosexuals?  Please explain. 

Furthermore, if you want to be really Bible stupid, you use the ruse where  these murdering of homosexual punishments had to do with the secular government of the Hebrew people, then in FACT, to be a follower of Jesus you have to be HEBREW!

JESUS STATED: “He answered, "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24) Get it? Jesus was only interested in people of his Jewish heritage, and not others.
JESUS STATED: "a people for his own possession (JEWS), above all peoples on the face of the earth" (Deut. 7:6)  Jesus is for Jews only!
There are many other passages showing that Jesus is for JEWS ONLY, but these two will suffice for now until you step in the proverbial poo once again.  

QUESTION #1:  Mopac, how do you truly feel in Jesus stating that homosexuals should be put to death, and that this biblical axiom is to be followed today as Jesus so states in His Sermon on the Mount?

QUESTION #2:  Mopac, are you taking Tradesecrets school in how to be a dumbfounded pseudo-christian and to try and get away with it through Satanic apologetics? Huh?

Jesus tells me to stay away from Bible fools like you that Satanically twist His words, but I will remain to show you what an inept pseudo-christian you actually are, praise Jesus' words!  “I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.” (Romans 16:17)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE MOPAC TO BE BIBLE SLAPPED SILLY®️ WILL BE ...... ?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I don't take bible lessons from heretics.
Mopac
Mopac
See protestants, you opened the door for people like Thomas here to make a mockery of the faith. This is the natural course that sola scriptura takes. 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Mopac
I think its kinda funny, its your god, you deal with him
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@Theweakeredge
i think the best answer is what the above poster said... that God asking someone to murder you is against his nature and impossible. 

you should start over with a thread asking if christians who post here lived during the old testament days, if they would stone you to death. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@n8nrgmi
That's not the point - also incorrect - don't care enough currently to explain why, so you should really just dismiss this post, as I'm presenting no evidence to support my claims. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Theweakeredge
Whether or not you acknowledge God, make no mistake, The Truth has dominion over all. 

YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
I am sorry, you receive such hate, from Christians. I am a Christian, and my thoughts about you, are love thy neighbor, and do unot others. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Theweakeredge
I am Gay - though I am specifically pansexual - I still trend towards being attracted to men - and your god told you to murder me (like the doctrine of the bible does) would you murder me? 
My God would not tell me to murder you. The God in the Bible does not tell people to murder others contrary to mischaracterization of him. He might well ask for those who break covenant to be put to death lawfully.  But God would not tell an individual to put to death another person. He might well tell the State to. He might well ask for a Church to practice a covenantal death - which is excommunication. He might well tell a parent to practice a covenantal death - disinheritance. 

But God would not tell me to kill you unlawfully. He won't tell me to kill you lawfully. He may well provide me with a defense if I did kill you - for instance - self-defense.  Of me or another. 

But God does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.  Or race or color - or religion - or wealth or poverty or gender or age. Or intellectual capacity.  

But he does discriminate on the basis of covenant.  Or loyalty. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@YeshuaBought
Thanks um, mate, keep on with that attitude and you'll make a great sport of life. Just keep on.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Mopac
Sure she bloody does! And I'm the king of f*cking America! Wooh wooh look at me I can say whatever the f*ck I want without retribution! I'm right I'm right! No.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Dunno if I am qualified to talk here, but absolutely not. In my worldview God is just a non-sentient force that sustains reality. If God talked to me, then he is not my god. If God told me to do so even if in another religion, then I distrust him in this point as this view is outdated.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Can someone who has more guts than me tell BrotherD to leave? He is being hateful to everything.
Juice
Debates: 1
Juice
-->
@Tradesecret

But God does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.  Or race or color - or religion - or wealth or poverty or gender or age. Or intellectual capacity.  

God destroys a good family for no reason.

God made a bet with Satan that Job, a good and blameless man, would remain faithful even if he killed his children and ruined his life. Here we see God indicting himself for the crime, openly confessing that he destroyed a family "for no reason."

"The Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the Earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. He still persists in his integrity, although you incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason.' " (Job 2:3 New Revised Standard Bible)
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Juice
God destroys a good family for no reason.

God made a bet with Satan that Job, a good and blameless man, would remain faithful even if he killed his children and ruined his life. Here we see God indicting himself for the crime, openly confessing that he destroyed a family "for no reason."

"The Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the Earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. He still persists in his integrity, although you incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason.' " (Job 2:3 New Revised Standard Bible)
Thanks for that verse.  

God is the creator of life. What he gives he can take away and give back. No one else has that capacity.  I take the view that what God does  between himself and the angels or Satan is one thing and cannot be compared to what he commands humans to do. Apples and Oranges. This verse is vague by the way. In the Hebrew it can read that Satan incited God against Job for no good reason. Not necessarily God destroyed Job for no good reason.  The words in Hebrew are in a different word order to English and could mean either. Obviously, both have quite different meanings. 

Still, despite it vagueness and possible alternative readings - let us say that you are correct that God did destroy Job for no good reason.  IT does not change what I said in my previous post. 

The OP here asked me if I would murder him if God asked me too. And I said that God would never ask us to kill people unlawfully.  What God does himself is quite different to what he will ask me to do. I am not the creator of life. A better example for you I think would have been the example of God asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. That is more akin to the OP's question because it is asking God to kill someone who has not broken covenant and I would at least on the face of it - seem unnatural and unjustified. 

Of course, the end result is Abraham did not kill his son. And it appears that God had prepared a lamb to be killed instead. So it appears that God never really anticipated that Isaac would be killed. But it is the principle - I suppose - that in this case and it is certainly the only one I can think of where God does ask one of his servants to kill someone without proper justification. 

And to be honest I don't have a response to Abraham. I know the meaning of the passage - and it was a test of his loyalty and it was later used as an example of God giving his own son to be sacrificed.  Yet the story is still difficult.  But it is so because God never apart from this story requests humans to kill others who have not broken covenant.  

But in relation to the OP, the answer remains the same. God does not ask individuals to kill unlawfully. Abraham is an exception to the rule - but it proves the rule. It does not disprove it. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Hearing voices is a mental health issue.

And sex is fundamentally reproduction, though sexual pleasure and sexual gratification can be achieved in a variety of ways.

We currently have a global population of 7.6 billion approx. So indulging in a bit of the other isn't going to matter much. Especially as we are no longer reliant upon physical intercourse for conception.

The above is realism..... And religion is an unnecessary but popular distraction.

So if someone murders you because a GOD told them to do so..... It is not because a GOD spoke...It is because they have mental health issues.

And if it was a Christian, we should be sympathetic and if it was a Muslim we should blow the f**k out of them....And vice versa.

The wonders of humanity, hey.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Juice
If I were an Islam, you'd be six feet deep in soil.
If I were a Christian, you'd not enter heaven and burn for eternity. 

Couldn't have that more straighter.