Dating a TA

Author: warren42

Total: 23
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
At this point this is more of a hypothetical, because my class is almost over. However, I think the TA in my Business Ethics (oxymoron, amirite?) class is cute and from the times I've talked to her seems like someone with whom I'd get along. All the TAs are in charge of is attendance; would it be wrong to date a TA? I feel like it's a yes if they're grading your work (particularly if it's something like a paper that's subjective) but in a case like this I'm unsure. Interested in others' opinions.
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
ask her out
warren42
warren42
-->
@Vaarka
She offered help studying with my finance exam which I will be taking her up on (both because she's cute and I could use it) but we'll see from there.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
What is a TA?

If it is some sort of teacher, depending on the universities that you go to, it could vary. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@Vader
A TA is a teacher's assistant, usually (and in this case) an undergrad who helps the professor with grading/teaching.
XLAV
XLAV
Go for it my dude. That 'help' could be a hint that she's in to you too. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@warren42
I wouldn't say it is wrong then. I mean they aren't an official teacher 
warren42
warren42
-->
@XLAV
It could be. I doubt it but that’d be nice.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo

Bang her, dude, as much as possible. I had this opportunity but never did it. I honestly regret it because I could do so very easily.
warren42
warren42
-->
@IlDiavolo
Not the objective; I like her as a person and think she's cute. I'd want to date her maybe.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
What's the endgame? Why bother?

12 out of 13 relationships that ended did so because it was idiotic to begin with and neither party thought it through. You will know when you meet your soulmate, the chemistry will be so fucking undeniable and the situation so optimal. You may die never meeting them and may regret never seducing her, who knows... Not me... But it sure as fuck isn't something you need to do or should feel a failure if you don't.

She easily can be less into you than you think. The guys you say 'it's okay' and 'it could be a hint' are considering options, if she's an option she isn't the one. Don't be too optimistic and don't be too pessimistic. This is a gamble, consider the odds (including the odds of the odds themselves paying off enough to make ti worth the entire effort) and hedge your bets where you feel it's wise. She may even 'not lust' and 'not love' you if you don't get alpha and aggressive enough (no, this doesn't mean rape) but it's all about clues.

Do not go in ready to win, go in ready to assess if fate has set her up to be your conquest. Life in my eyes is so much about knowing that settling for the wrong pussy is cheating yourself of the one fate had in line for you, the treasure chest you never got to because you were too busy enjoying your bronze trophy.

Do what you want but consider what she wants as well as what you could want more (or less). It's infinitely complex to answer this question, stop looking for the simplicity where there isn't any.
warren42
warren42
-->
@RationalMadman
Relatively pessimistic, but the point wasn't to ask for advice on what to do; I came into this knowing what I would do. The opinions from the other users are welcome, I suppose, but I was mostly just curious on whether people felt it'd be unethical to date a TA.
Vader
Vader
I think dating a TA is fine. A teacher can control the way they grade so it would end up being them that is punished in the end for dating a student as they can influence a grade. If they are not making revenue from the school(which I don't think TA's too) then it would be fine fmpov. Also it also like this as well. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@warren42
In what way dating a TA is unethical? Neither dating a professor is unethical. Well, as long as you aren't in her class.

26 days later

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@warren42
I assume TA means something like transvestite or something. Go for it dude. Don't worry if others judge you as gay. It is none of their business that you date a transgender, just follow your heart.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Wylted
I never know whether to take you seriously

TA = Teacher’s Assistant
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@Wylted
I assume TA means something like transvestite or something. Go for it dude. Don't worry if others judge you as gay. It is none of their business that you date a transgender, just follow your heart.
I agree. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@warren42
did you ask her out
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Vaarka
Gender specific pronouns can get you into trouble when trying to seduce TA's

9 days later

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@warren42
You have my blessing. Go and pick up that chick.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@warren42
I never know whether to take you seriously

The answer is never.
warren42
warren42
For Vaarka and others who were curious, no I did not. Just a couple days after writing this I found out she was apparently dating the other TA for the class (oops)

I recently ran into a girl at a party that I'd gone on a few dates with this summer and have seen her a few times since.
Vader
Vader

(oops) 
*dun-dun-ding*