Town is winning a lot lately

Author: Lunatic

Total: 19
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Pulled the last ten games and 3 months of data (exluding mharmans and bears game) and this is what I found:

Riddle Mafia- Town win
uWu Mafia- Town win
Technology mafia- Town win
Arrowverse mafia- Mafia win
BAMF mafia- Mafia win
Civil war generals- Town win
Naruto mafia- Town win
Bastard states- Town win
Stormlight Archive- Town win

8/10 of the last games are town wins. My question is: What's up with this? I remember multiple complaints on Debate.org all the time how town rarely won, mafia tended to go on huge win streaks. Looking at the general balance I'd say most of these games were pretty fair and balanced, with maybe slight variables, or arguments that some are swingy, but in general I don't think those aspects would effect mafia skill all that much. I have my own theories and ideas for what's going on, but I am genuinely curious what some of your thoughts are on this trend.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Mafia kept quitting, but a lot of those gave mafia large disadvantages like in Avatar mafia
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
When you have the only mafia win in the last ten games B)
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
I’m not good at being mafia lmao. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
I’d argue Avatar was definitely a swingy game, but Lunatic blatantly worked for town versus your team so that’s why you had a disad 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Mafia kept quitting, but a lot of those gave mafia large disadvantages like in Avatar mafia
Even the two mafia wins though were very close. BAMF, supa survived by a miracle despite doc not making sense with a flipped jailkeeper, and me and sir won arrowverse on a lucky gambit that paid off, but could have easily backfired and killed both of us had intelligence not quick hammered. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Even the two mafia wins though were very close. BAMF, supa survived by a miracle despite doc not making sense with a flipped jailkeeper, and me and sir won arrowverse on a lucky gambit that paid off, but could have easily backfired and killed both of us had intelligence not quick hammered. 
Every mafia win is close lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
From the DDO archives list:

Town won 103 games of 283.

Towns total win percentage was 36.4%.

From the Dart archiveslist:

Town won 17 games of 37 (minus concept games that aren't actual mafia) 

Towns total win percentage is 45.95%

Now obviously this data doesn't mean much considering the length of DDO vs DART, but I am interested in streaks and trends and the reasons behind them
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
It's probably because most scumteams lack the sheer awesomeness that we had.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Funny that everyone complains about lazy town here
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
It's probably because most scumteams lack the sheer awesomeness that we had.
+1
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Town is usually OP because everyone on this site hates VTs so they give way too many roles and then mafia is up against a town with 6 PRs and 3 other people have passive roles
Lunatic
Lunatic
To prove my point on how bad some of these scum win trends on DDO were

DDO's had some insane scum streaks usually maxing out at ten, but not getting a whole lot better in between. The worst period was this:
Epic DDO, Fire and Ice, American politics, School Districts, Battlestar Galactica, HvV, Harry Potter, Christmas Mafia, Philosopher Mafia, Steampunk mafia
After steam punk there was only 2 town wins between that and the next 10 games. After the Rosario Town win, there was ONLY 1 Town win between that and the next 10 scum wins.
Out of 30 games, town only won 4 games lol. This was the the worst trend for town victories on DDO history. 
For a while it evened out a bit.

Mafia went on a another big streak between civilization mafia, and  movie characters Mafia, with town only winning 3 games out of 15. 

So yeah DDO was known for some pretty big  scum streaks. I find it very interesting and rare for people from Dart/DDO to see such a big town win streak. This is kind of record breaking in context to how this is almost never seen, which is why I am so curious and think this is fascinating.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Good point
Speedrace
Speedrace
I may have polluted with my rolemadness only games ;-;
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Town is usually OP because everyone on this site hates VTs so they give way too many roles and then mafia is up against a town with 6 PRs and 3 other people have passive roles
This was also a problem with DDO though. It was rare to see more than one vanila townie per game. I remember a time where if there was 2 Vanillas it was considered a counter claim and one of them would almost always get lynched lol.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Funny that everyone complains about lazy town here
My theory is that the majority of the players are lazy, which hurts mafia almost more than town in most cases since the chance that one of the few non-lazies will become scum seems much lower. While their are plenty of non lazy's on the site, it's rare to get all of them in the same game. We usually end up with like 2-3 sometimes 4 non lazies per game.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
I don't remember that but you played longer than I did
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
I don't remember that but you played longer than I did
Pretty sure you joined in the golden age of DDO where players were maturing and games were a lot less one sided. We started fixing a lot of those silly trends. We also just had some pretty decent players around when you joined.