-->
@Mopac
why do you say that?

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Because not every human is at the same stage of consciousness.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Mopac
what are the stages of human consciousness?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Probably as many as there are people.

I don't know, but there seems to be a clear difference between crackhead stage of consciousness and support a family consciousness.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Have you ever seen the movie Cloud Atlas?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I have not, neither have I heard of it.

Mopac
Mopac
I know there are some who try to categorize levels of consciousness and stuff, and it is even ingrained in some religions.

I think that all of these are likely simplifications that aren't truly exhaustive.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
The original Atlas was flat Earth. Clouds are why the sky looks curved instead of straight. Look on a 'clear day' at how the sky appears. It is far more obviously a ceiling than a clear-cut dome (although it possibly is a dome in that there's a dome/ceiling outside of the sky itself which is where 'stars' and the sun+moon as well as 'planets' are held whatever they really are).
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Do you think there is a set of structured stages we all go through, or do you think there are different STATES of consciousness, that not everyone necessarily goes through. Becasue we aren't all going to go through a crackhead stage, you know what I mean?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Consciousness is the only thing that only the self can prove its existence to. No-one who isn't the conscious being can prove to itself that that being is conscious with any real certainty.

It won't evolve, it just is.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
Could be, I haven't really looked into Flat Earth theory much. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
I replied to your original post.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
I am not sure what  the shape of the earth has to do with consciousness. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix

Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
RM opines...

. Look on a 'clear day' at how the sky appears. It is far more obviously a ceiling than a clear-cut dome (although it possibly is a dome in that there's a dome/ceiling outside of the sky itself which is where 'stars' and the sun+moon as well as 'planets' are held whatever they really are).
Interesting you should say that, i was just outside the other day looking through my solar telescope (I use a bino-viewer with matching eyepieces) and observed over a period of 45 minutes, a filament travel over the suns surface. Utterly mind boggling observation.

What were you saying about a ceiling?
Goldtop
Goldtop
The original Atlas was flat Earth.
Maybe they didn't have satellites with high def cameras?

Clouds are why the sky looks curved instead of straight
The sky looks curved? Where?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
Everywhere. the illusion is created (even if it's curved it appears far more curved than it really is) by the clouds. If you had clouds in general life between a ceiling that was all one colour and your perspective, the massive ceiling (if it was so big the walls and corner weren't visible) would begin to naturally appear curving down as the 'clouds' got tinier and more distance. This is because you begin to assume the proportionality of the cloud and its shape as well as the effect of distance on said shape is equal to that of the background sky. Your brain 'creates' curvature where on a clear day there's absolutely no way to 'see' or know beyond prejudiced notion it's undoubtedly is curved.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
The SUN is a massive disc that at best (for round earthers) is a hemispherical structure or maybe EVEN yes just maybe a sphere but more likely a disk that's basically a chode-proportioned cylinder (much thicker than it is long basically).

I'm curious did you see lava in the sun?
Goldtop
Goldtop
If you had clouds in general life between a ceiling that was all one colour and your perspective, the massive ceiling (if it was so big the walls and corner weren't visible) would begin to naturally appear curving down as the 'clouds' got tinier and more distance
That indeed is a claim you need to provide citations and proof.

This is also very easily refuted by the fact that measurements of cloud altitude can be taken anywhere along any line of sight to confirm no such "curving" exists. Clouds will invariably disappear below the horizon despite the fact they would be the same altitude from the ground all the way. That is because they are following the curvature of the earth.

Your brain 'creates' curvature where on a clear day there's absolutely no way to 'see' or know beyond prejudiced notion it's undoubtedly is curved.
You'll need to provide citations for that as well. Photons come into our eyes as straight lines, they would have to be curved in order for the brain to cause any curvature.

The SUN is a massive disc
Citations required. The Sun rotates on an axis and can be shown to be sherical, this can be observed through solar telescopes.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
I don't need to do anything and I have very little motive to prove any of it to someone who treats me the way that you do. I love the idea of HELPING the powers that be deluding the likes of you. You do not deserve the truth.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Do you think there is a set of structured stages we all go through, or do you think there are different STATES of consciousness, that not everyone necessarily goes through. Becasue we aren't all going to go through a crackhead stage, you know what I mean?
I would say that everyone has a uniqueness to their experience, and though you could definitely find certain consistencies and patterns related to where someones awareness tends to linger, in the end everyone has their own personal relationship with God.

Even among people who have their consciousness hmin the same world, each individual still has a unique perspective. They have different thoughts, and this different states of consciousness. Even if they belong to the same group and have the same standards, motivations and focus.

8 days later

Castin
Castin
-->
@janesix
Have you ever seen the movie Cloud Atlas?
I have. What are you thinking?

janesix
janesix
-->
@Castin
The tom hanks character shows his spiritual growth throughout the movie.there is a st George and the dragon theme throughout the movie. the old georgie character is his inner battle, not an outer one(with the dragon) he is fighting georgie(himself). i think the final move to off planet shows he has won the inner battle (the off world represents his higher state of consciousness)
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Probably as many as there are people.

This describes Gods
Goldtop
Goldtop
I don't need to do anything and I have very little motive to prove any of it
That's because you're incapable of proving any of it and you know it. You're just trolling again.