the alpha and omega

Author: janesix

Total: 25
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely 21:6

is it a coincidence that an age is 2160 years?
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Considering that was make up ages arvitearily it's not a coincidence no. Really culture is always evolving and the aA
ges are much more overlapping than historians will admit.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
ages aren't arbitrary, and they don't overlap
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
You say it so it must be true.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
What makes you think they are arbitrary,and overlap? You must have some reason for thinking that.
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Looks like we have another "Willows" posting one thread after another. What did you call him, btw?
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely 21:6

You forgot to answer the question.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
The end of one age and beginning of the next is entirely up to where you decide the 'gap' or 'cut-off' is suddenly so significant and sudden that it means a whole period has ended and begun. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
True, there really is no way to tell. And you were right, the actual constellations do overlap in some places. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
An "age" is an arbitrary number created by man, it has no intrinsic meaning, it has the meaning assigned to it by man.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
And coincidently, they picked 2160
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@rational madman
You say it so it must be true.
Don't you expect people to believe in you hypotheses simply because they are your hypotheses?

If not then I really don't understand why you would expect me to accept your claims without any citation.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
Explanation and citation are not the same thing.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@rational madman

An explanation is insufficient as evidence. One cannot simply substitute an explanation for a citation. Or in other words saying something does not make it true.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
You're the type of guy who will never invent anything in your life. Just know that.

You may 'do' many things but you'll never create, never innovate, never evolve. You like to 'know' what is... You hate to 'think' what could be.

This brain you have perhaps is biochemically (or neurologically) bound to keep repeating a cycle of 'if it hasn't been done or proven by someone other than me who themselves has had their 'doing' and 'discovery' analysed by others, I won't even consider it could be of any value'.

People like you scoff at people like me but people like me come up with both the dumbest and smartest ideas on Earth while you GUARANTEE you'll stay mediocre. I don't envy you and I don't care about proving one single thing to you, go along and troll others but stop @ing me especially after I blocked you.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
WOW!
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@rational madman 
My ability to consider hypotheses or to be imaginative is in no way impaired by my refusal to accept unsubstantiated claims. I can consider unsubstantiated ideas all day but at the end of the day I am under no obligation to accept these ideas and indeed I am unable to maintain a belief in the absence of evidence. Conversely if you had sufficient evidence of your claims I would have no choice but to accept them.

Speaking of things we are under no obligation to do you are under no obligation to respond to me or even read my posts regardless of the presence of your handle in said post.
Goldtop
Goldtop
People like you scoff at people like me but people like me come up with both the dumbest and smartest ideas on Earth
No, I don't believe you've come up with a smart idea your entire life and probably never will.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
True, there really is no way to tell. And you were right, the actual constellations do overlap in some places. 
I thought we were talking "Ages", not constellations. There are only 12 houses but there are 88 constellations. So which are you talking about?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
That is direct bullying. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
I was talking about ages, which are loosely based on the 12 signs of the zodiac, which are loosely based on actual constellations. Leo, Virgo, Aquarius etc.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@janesix
Yes, it is a coincidence.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Stronn
It is  a synchronicity
Goldtop
Goldtop
Bullying - use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

So no, that wasn't bullying, that was a direct observation.

7 days later

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@janesix

How did you arrive at that summation of 2160 years?

What age are you speaking of? In relation to what scriptural verse(s)?