Using the terms "racism" and "racist" makes you look stupid

Author: MgtowDemon

Total: 185
MgtowDemon
Debates: 0
MgtowDemon
This OP is in response to this quote (plus all the other hysterical dummies on the forums using these words): "If something is racist it is inherently discriminatory, so no, its a category and an adjective not a conclusion of a proposition".

The terms "racism" and "racist" are inherently inaccurate words, loaded with politically charged bias. The latter is self-evident whenever you call something/someone one of these terms. The former takes a bit more explaining.

If someone said, "Blacks belong in slavery," most people will respond to that by saying it's racist. Fair enough. It expresses racial hatred. It deserves the politically charged terminology and social ostracization. I wouldn't criticize the usage of those terms ("racism" and "racist") there.

If someone said, "Blacks have lower I.Q's than Whites", some people will respond to that by saying it's racist. Now, unfortunately, this is a scientifically verifiable fact, and thus in responding with your hysterical, sloppy language, you're not only slandering the people making the claim, but you are engaging in anti-scientific behaviour. Whether a fact is "racist" or not is beside the point, and you're getting in the way of genuine scientific research with this nonsense term.

If someone said, "A lot of Asian people live there", I have heard people say that this is racist. A demographical, verifiable fact gets slammed with a pejorative because your cult lingo is stupid.

That's the issue with the terms. They are catch-all and don't house necessary distinctions required for nuance, AND THEN they slander and destroy factual work in various ways. 

Instead of using these stupid terms, when you hear things like "6 million was not enough" or "all Asians eat dogs alive", use the term "racial hatred". It's far more accurate, it doesn't screw up science and demographic observations, and, most importantly, you don't look like a bloody idiot.
Conway
Conway
Believe it or not, racists might not think racism is bad.

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Conway
Imagine using the terms "racists" and "racism" after being shown why they make you look stupid...
Conway
Conway
-->
@MgtowDemon
It's pretty hard to avoid implicating discrimination in a political context.  Why do you think that is?
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Conway
It's pretty hard to avoid implicating of discrimination in a political context.  Why do you think that is?
If you actually read the OP (you haven't), you'd know that I suggest using the term 'racial hatred' instead. I've got no issue with pointing out genuine discrimination on unjust grounds, but please use non-destructive language. That way, since "it's pretty hard to avoid implicating of discrimination", you can do so in a productive way.

I think it's pretty hard for some people to avoid implicating of discrimination because there is a radical, extremist left which promotes a very inaccurate view of the world. That isn't to say that genuine discrimination doesn't exist, but these kinds of people like imagining nails for their hammers.

Conway
Conway
-->
@MgtowDemon
Only a racist can have racial hatred, but not all racists are hateful.  There is an obvious distinction.
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Conway
Only a racist can have racial hatred, but not all racists are hateful.  There is an obvious distinction.
If you keep using those terms, I'm going to ignore you.

Up to you.

Conway
Conway
-->
@MgtowDemon
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@MgtowDemon
Your point is that misusing this term is stupid. Of course. Using All lives matter to shut up a black individual that suffers through existing racist problems is equally stupid.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@MgtowDemon
so the purpose of this thread is to prove you don't know what racism is? here is a definition of racism:
"the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."
Therefore, saying things like "Blacks have lower I.Q's than Whites" is textbook racism. You are espousing the belief that black people have distinct characteristics that make them inferior to white people. It doesn't really get more racist than that. 

The fact that you think that isn't racism proves you don't know what racism even means. .

That's the issue with the terms. They are catch-all and don't house necessary distinctions required for nuance, AND THEN they slander and destroy factual work in various ways. 
you're right, they are a catch all word. If you believe that black people are lesser than white people, if you discriminate against people based on race, you will definitely get "caught" by these words. And since you very clearly do, you are a textbook racist. I'm guessing that is why you don't like the word. You must hear it alot, because it is accurate.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@MgtowDemon
racism

noun

1.1 The belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

African Americans are far more likely to be disadvantaged than Whites because there is a large, negative genetic component (i.e. not racism). In essence, African Americans create their own disadvantage, and thus that doesn't need to be controlled for. If we were to control for it, I suspect (but not know) that the racial gap would disappear entirely, because you would be eliminating the undesirable genes (and the expression thereof) that create the gap in the first place. Genetic components such as lower I.Q [1][2], poor delayed gratification propensity [3], presence of the 'warrior gene' [4] etc. create this gene differential between African American and White populations, and thus one group, on average, becomes more "disadvantaged".

Looks like racism to me.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
ALL lives Matter is racist too.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I like to explain why this is racist like this: a house is on fire. the neighbors insist that the firefighters shouldn't help with that because "all houses matter", even though their houses aren't on fire. So one firefighter should go to each house to make sure they are all treated the same. Meanwhile, the house burns to the ground. 

no one has ever disputed that white people's lives matter. However, lots of people really don't care about the lives of black people. So if you hear about issues that are being faced by black people and respond with "all lives matter" that is a racist response. Because it is an attempt to distract from the very real issues faced by black people. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Glad you agree.
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Intelligence_06
Your point is that misusing this term is stupid. Of course. Using All lives matter to shut up a black individual that suffers through existing racist problems is equally stupid.
You agree that "misusing" the term is stupid, and then you proceed to misuse the term.

Amazing.

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
Fyi I won't be responding to anything HistoryBuff says, as he's so ideologically possessed he thinks that "no" means 'yes' https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5177-at-what-point-does-the-racism-boogeyman-go-away?page=3&post_number=67 .

If anything thinks his points here are worth discussing (lol), then feel free to reiterate them.
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
Looks like racism to me.
It's a scientific fact that some races have traits that are better than comparable traits other races have. So, Oxford University Press has decided to construe a definition which attempts to slander scientific fact with ideological zealotry. Thus, Oxford University Press, which isn't a small firm, is anti-scientific, in this regard.

This anti-scientific slant is no different to the middle age denial of round Earth theory, in that "heretics" were the ones denying it, and now we have "racists"  presenting scientific fact.

This should be alarming to everyone.

Fyi, Death has blocked me in a fit of rage he had, so that shows how much he is willing to have an open and honest discussion about this https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5177-at-what-point-does-the-racism-boogeyman-go-away?page=3&post_number=63

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Greyparrot
I lost 50 I.Q. points reading this absolute mind-rot. Good thing I'm not African American and can afford to lose I.Q. points :^)

Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@MgtowDemon

Your position would seem to be that all 5 of these sources are wrong. You have no evidence. No, they are not wrong. You are.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@MgtowDemon
 Racism and Racist, terms or words?....

The terms racist and racism cannot also be inaccurate words.

Terms might be inaccurate, but words are just words.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@MgtowDemon
It's a scientific fact that some races have traits that are better than comparable traits other races have.
that statement definitively proved you are a racist.
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@zedvictor4
 Racism and Racist, terms or words?....

The terms racist and racism cannot also be inaccurate words.

Terms might be inaccurate, but words are just words.
Sure. Now, are you going to address the actual content of the post? Or did you want to post a hit-and-run throwaway comment like the other people have so far?

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@MgtowDemon
You agree that "misusing" the term is stupid, and then you proceed to misuse the term.
You agree with me and then declares that every use of this word is a misuse.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@HistoryBuff
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Intelligence_06
You agree with me and then declares that every use of this word is a misuse.
That's because *every* usage of this word is misusage. That's what the entire OP was about. Did you even read it?

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Intelligence_06
Lol why would you reference a debate that you lost?

George Floyd was a pretty garbage human being that, whilst didn't deserve to die (wasn't convicted with a death penalty for any of his crimes), was involved in numerous crimes and was clearly resisting arrest in the incident wherein he died. It's really difficult to restrain someone resisting, and if you watch a lot of criminal arrest videos, you'll often come across criminals complaining of being in pain (even if they're not), so "I can't breath" isn't out of the ordinary (although it did prove to be true).

One of the crimes George Floyd committed was robbery involving holding a pregnant woman at gunpoint, btw.

Of all the black people you could have pricked to be your innocent martyr, George Floyd is close to being the polar opposite.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@MgtowDemon
"Every use of this word is a misuse"

Lol no. Racism is no misuse when used properly. You presented an example here.
If someone said, "Blacks belong in slavery," most people will respond to that by saying it's racist. Fair enough. It expresses racial hatred. It deserves the politically charged terminology and social ostracization. I wouldn't criticize the usage of those terms ("racism" and "racist") there.

also
I lost 50 I.Q. points reading this absolute mind-rot. Good thing I'm not African American and can afford to lose I.Q. points :^)
I won't say that is "racist", but that expresses racial hatred.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@MgtowDemon
are you a fan of mgtow? if so, why?
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Intelligence_06
"Every use of this word is a misuse"

Lol no. Racism is no misuse when used properly. You presented an example here.
I said I wouldn't criticise the usage there, because that was racial hatred of black people. I think the term "racist" is still wrong to use, but it's forgivable there.

I won't say that is "racist", but that expresses racial hatred.
This is why the terms should not be used because now, seeing that we are using the actual term "racial hatred", we can argue.

My comment there was made in jest (hence the emoji at the end) but it certainly passes judgement upon African Americans. However, "racial hatred" doesn't align, even if I'm making fun of African American I.Q. in a demeaning way. It doesn't make sense to say, "African Americans have lower I.Q. than Whites. I hate them for that".

You could certainly argue that the comment is demeaning, but there isn't racial hatred in it.

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Please do not derail the thread.