Wonderful Examples of God's Love and Grace.

Author: Stephen

Total: 9
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
In no particular order of gravitas.

(1) The story of Gods  faithful obedient servant Job.   

With having unlimited power over everything in the universe, God says to Satan - 

"And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.” Job 2:3
The story of Job has to be among the saddest example of God's Love and Grace in these "god breathed" scriptures. God sanctions the death of all of Jobs 10 children but as we can see above, God is not happy having to do this "without any reason".  One can become quite weepy once we realise that it is Gods love and grace that  is clearly shining through showing us how cheap life really is to him. 

(2) The right to worship by the love and grace of God at any cost.

O daughter Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall they be who pay you back what you have done to us! Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock!" Psalm 137:8–9 .
 This appears to be a ` deary me never mind '  comment from  God who was merely saying how regrettable it is that even babies  become collateral damage during conflict. But is also saying  those that believe in him "should be happy-or  blessed  — to kill innocent babies if they keep you from worshiping him. How lovingly gracious of god to put their concerns of worship & his own vanity   before those of innocent babies.

(3) Cannibalism enforced by God.

"And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." Leviticus 26:27–29 

This appears to be one of those - `you keep forgetting me, what about me'  -tantrums  from God. He is feeling a bit left out of the picture so, as punishment, he threatens his them  "chosen people, Israel" that  he will cause them to eat their own children. The love and grace that God shows in this verse is enough to bring tears to ones eyes.

(4) The vow of a General and a virgin  for God .

"And[general] Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: 'If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.' . . . When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! . . . After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed." Judges 11:30–39 

This is really a true show of loyalty and devotion to God  and a story  of how one should keep their promises  made to a loving and gracious God .  and of course like all biblical stories of gods love grace this virgin wasn't sacrificed for nothing. No. what sprang from this story of loyalty , devotion and obedience was the Israelite tradition that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite. I bet this young - dead - fried to a crisp - virgin is happy with her sainthood. God does work in mysterious ways.

(5) Killed for not keeping it in the family and rewarded by God.

"Just then one of the Israelites came and brought a Midianite woman into his family, in the sight of Moses and in the sight of the whole congregation of the Israelites. When Phinehas, son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he got up and left the congregation. Taking a spear in his hand, he went after the Israelite man into the tent, and pierced the two of them, the Israelite and the woman, through the belly. So the plague was stopped among the people of Israel.

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 'Phinehas, son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, has turned back my wrath from the Israelites by manifesting such zeal among them on my behalf that in my jealousy I did not consume the Israelites. Therefore say, "I hereby grant him my covenant of peace. It shall be for him and for his descendants after him a covenant of perpetual priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made atonement for the Israelites.' '" Numbers 25:6–13

Indeed seems all very racial hatred but once again we see God showing his love and grace by  rewarding Phineas with a perpetual priesthood and all the trimming that come with it for keeping his" chosen people"  racially pure.

(6) Another display of how cheap human life is to God, in his love and grace.

"See, the day of the Lord is coming — a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated." Isaiah 13:9–16 

So again, we can witness another a perfect example of Gods love and grace on display. This of course is because God is such a generous loving and graceful and all powerful god, that he can simply create more children to be "dashed to pieces" and more  "wives to be raped".  All of gods' love and grace can be so overwhelming at times, it really can.

(7) With  Gods love and grace, he extinguishes fetuses of those who do not worship him.

"You shall acknowledge no God but me. . . . You are destroyed, Israel. . . . The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." Hosea 13:4, 9, 16.

Well we can see here that through gods love and grace that  he is teaching those unborn fetuses a real lesson in obedience in how to be submissive. And lets hope future fetuses will learn  from this lesson delivered with the love and grace by the lord God himself.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Stephen
I don't think Job Is a good example of God's love and grace. I mean the man got tortured to within an inch of his life and all of his children killed because God made a bet. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Sum1hugme
I don't think Job Is a good example of God's love and grace. I mean the man got tortured to within an inch of his life and all of his children killed because God made a bet.

I must have missed that part.  Do you mean where all his servants and cattle and sheep   are killed and his house is brought crashing down too, apart from those  ten dead children that I mentioned that were murdered by god  that has unlimited power over everything in the universe? 
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Stephen
My bad, I didn't read all the way through. Didn't realize this was satire
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Sum1hugme

Did I not  mention Gods  display of real love and grace when  a mother of 4 children was taken from her brood for nothing more than curiosity ? 

Did I not mention Gods love and grace when one of his servants simply stretched out an arm to steady Gods own sacred artifact in a act of sheer selflessness  God showed his love and grace by killing this heroic servant?

Please feel free add your own examples of Gods display of love and grace not to mention sheer affection for his most special creation.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Sum1hugme
It's not satire. Ever heard of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@ethang5
Yes, but Im not seeing the comnection
Stephen
Stephen
Another beautiful example of god love and grace.

Human curiosity given to us by God
1 Samuel 6:19
But God struck down some of the inhabitants of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy of them to death because they looked into the ark of the Lord. The people mourned because of the heavy blow the Lord had dealt them.

The patience afforded to his flawed and  fallible human creations by god knows no bounds.
It bring a lump to the throat and a shiver down the spine at this show of tenderness and care towards his creation. 

His love and grace for the females of his creation also knows no bounds either:

Exodus 21:7-8  “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.

Indeed we were so so precious and important to god our creator that he sent his ONLY son to save us, while he was butchering us by the millions. 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Sum1hugme
You're new. You will eventually.