Biden expectations

Author: sadolite

Total: 17
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
So if and when Biden becomes President, what top 5 policies do you think will be the things that will change your life and make life worth living again now that the evil orange man is gone. I did very well under Trumps presidency. I think I will have far less money and less freedoms under Biden based on what incoherent policies I did hear him say he intended to implement. While your at it could someone list 5 policies that are supposed to benefit me as a taxpayer under a Biden presidency.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@sadolite
I would like to see anyone list even one that will actually benefit you.

But I think liberals have a different concept of what "benefits" you. For example, flooding your neighborhood with primitive Somali illiterates "benefits "you because multiculturalism is good.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@sadolite
So here, you didn't actually address any point or any specific policy. And just because you personally did well under a policy, didn't mean that its the best policy.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@sadolite
Honestly I don't anticipate seeing much, if any concrete positive personal impacts whether it's orange man or sleepy Joe.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@sadolite
if appointing people based on their sex and skin color is a benefit than he's your man, because people like harris would have NOT been the v.p. choice solely based on her record, obviously.
How being a female and half black is some kind of worthy accomplishment is mind numbing, beyond stupid.  He will take pandering to new heights.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 because people like harris would have NOT been the v.p. choice solely based on her record, obviously.
I disagree. She is exactly the kind of person Biden and most of the democratic party establishment would want. they are looking for someone to be the next generation of right wing economic, neo-liberal leader in the democratic party. Kamela is perfect for that. She mouths enough of the platitudes to fool some people into thinking she is progressive, but where it counts, her policy, is no different than what neo-liberals have been pushing for decades with a few tweaks. 

They tried hard to sell Kamela in the primary. The news outlets (msnbc, CNN etc) couldn't stop gushing about her and talking her up every chance they got. She is perfect for them. She looks and sounds like change, without bringing significant change. To quote Biden "nothing will fundamentally change"
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
that's a good thought, you are probably right.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
And, to me at least, this is kind of the tragedy of trump. Trump doesn't have the right wing political ideology that has paralyzed the republicans and democrats for years. Both sides are stuck in their own political ideology and dogma. If trump had tried to push a real populist agenda he could have brought real change and helped alot of people.

For example, he said he wanted to replace obamacare with a system that would cover pre-existing conditions. If he had actually pushed for that and made it a priority, he could have helped millions and millions of people. But he, and his team, never gave a single suggestion of what could replace it despite repeatedly promising he would be announcing it soon. He said he wanted to bring jobs back to america. If he had made that a priority he might have been able to do alot of good too. But instead all he accomplished was getting companies to make big announcements which they ultimately didn't deliver on, like foxcon. 

But once he got elected, he surrounded himself with the same old republicans establishment types. And so all he did was push standard republican policy with some populist rhetoric. Tax cuts for the rich, threatening iran and north korea, fear mongering about immigrants etc. All without doing anything to actually improve the situations. 

The potential was there for trump to do some good just because he wasn't bogged down with right wing ideology. That coupled with his desire to make people love him could have delivered real, tangible benefits for people. But instead he delivered 4 years of mostly cookie cutter republican policy with some fear mongering and populist rhetoric thrown in. I wasn't exactly hopeful when he got elected, but I thought his "outsider" style might actually shake up the establishment and bring some change. But it didn't. 

I realize this is not really related to the topic, just my thoughts. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
I really appreciate your insight and p.o.v.  Again I think you are spot on.  While the deplorables couldn't articulate it as well as you did imo they were thinking similar thought lines which is why they voted for him.  Biden didn't win, Trump lost, just like Hillary.

But now expectations are so low (again imo) that any success Biden has will be amplified more that it would be otherwise.  In the last 4-5 months I purchased some stocks so that's my focus, even some oil/natural gas etc.  With that focus I don't want to see any huge changes.  No one can say they don't want cleaner air or water but my concern is Biden will be too aggressive.  Ford is coming out with a hybrid F150.  To me that is the natural/logical progression, gas-hybrid(maybe hydrogen)-electric.  Skipping A to C is concerning.  Having lived in a cold climate with feet of snow, I'm not sure how well an all electric vehicle will work out.

In short though expectations are all over the place I think, depending on who you ask etc.  I haven't really heard much plan wise of what he will attempt to do or how aggressive he'll be.  My hope is he doesn't rock the boat too much or bring back the old policies that no one wanted in the first place.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
But now expectations are so low (again imo) that any success Biden has will be amplified more that it would be otherwise.
In places like MSNBC, they will be singing his praises all day long, I have no doubt. All he has to do is wear a mask in public and not tweet anything mean and they will go on and on about how presidential he is. But, for people like that, they liked how things were going under Obama. They thought it was great. So going back to neo-liberal (economically right wing) policy is perfect for them. Although, to be fair, there isn't much difference between Obama economic policy and trump economic policy. 

To me that is the natural/logical progression, gas-hybrid(maybe hydrogen)-electric.  Skipping A to C is concerning. 
Isn't that a bit like saying "cars are great, but if we don't have a horse tied to it as well as an engine, that is unnatural"? Old technology is meant to be replaced when something better comes along. In this scenario, that old technology is doing significant damage. If we don't get off of it soon, alot of people are going to die and alot more are going to take huge financial damage. This is already happening, but it is going to get much worse. Even a tiny change in climate will have dramatic impacts. 

Having lived in a cold climate with feet of snow, I'm not sure how well an all electric vehicle will work out.
I admit i'm not an expert on electric cars. But Canada has lots of electric cars. Presumably, if cars had significant problems in the cold they wouldn't be sold there. 

My hope is he doesn't rock the boat too much or bring back the old policies that no one wanted in the first place.
which polices?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
With this Congress? Biden isn't doing anything.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
He will probably undo the executive orders
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
none of the executive orders were of any consequence.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
we don't really know, not much was was said while he hid in the basement.....was just a general statement.  Discussion about electric vehicles might be interesting.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
I just want to be able to buy ammo at a decent price again ffs, when will they ever learn.  surest way to make people buy stuff is make them panic or tell them they can't have it.  toilet paper, drugs, guns
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Biden wont do shit.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
With this Congress? Biden isn't doing anything.
exactly.