Author: Speedrace

Total: 39
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
MCU Tools Mafia Endgame

Mafia wins!!

Town

Elminster - You're Stormbreaker. You were created solely to beat Thanos but badly failed. Therefore, you are a VANILLA. You win with town.

drafterman - You're Redwing. You have been used by Falcon to conduct recon on enemies. Therefore, you are the WATCHER. Each night you may choose another player. You will receive a report of all of the players that visited your target. You win with town.

WaterPhoenix - You are the Kimoyo Beads. You can be used to heal extremely fatal injuries. Therefore, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may visit another player. You will prevent any actions that would kill your target (unless they explicitly bypass protective roles). You win with town.

GreyParrot - You are Iron Man's first suit. You protected Stark long enough to escape, but eventually broke down. Therefore, you are the 1x BULLETPROOF. You cannot be killed other than by lynching. You win with town.

whiteflame - You are the Infinity Gauntlet. You caused immense pain throughout the entire universe. Therefore, you are the HATED. You take one less vote than normal to be lynched. You win with town.

Danielle - You are Falcon's Wings. You have been used to quickly get away from foes, although you have failed Falcon sometimes. Therefore, you are the HIDER. Each night you may visit another player. If that player doesn't visit that night, you cannot be targeted. If that player is killed on that night, you will die as well. You win with town.

Lunatic - You are Gungnir. In the comics you are an extremely powerful staff, but you barely showed your potential in the movies. Therefore, you are a VANILLA. You win with town.

SupaDudz - You are Gjallerhorn. You were used by Heimdall to echo a loud sound to all the Asgardian troops, echoing where you were and that the army needed to come to arms. Therefore, you are the INNOCENT CHILD. Your identity will be revealed to all players at the start of the game. You win with town.

Crocodile - Ronan's Hammer - You are Ronan's Hammer. You are a typically powerful weapon, but ended up not doing much in the movies. Therefore, you are a VANILLA. You win with town.

Mafia

ILikePie5 - You are Zola's Algorithm. You were used to invade everyone's privacy to determine who were threats to Hydra. Therefore, you are the SPY. You are the SPY. Below is a list of all roles in the game. Before the day phase ends, you may select one of those roles to send a message to. The player with that role will receive the message during the following Night Phase. You win with the mafia.

warren42 - You are Cap's Shield. You have proven to be an extremely diverse tool that has saved Cap's life multiple times. Therefore, you are the JOAT. You have the following three abilities: 1x Interceptor, 1x Strongman, 1x Ninja. For the Interceptor, you may vist another player. If your target is visited by any other players, you will kill one at random. All other visiting players will survive and be told of your identity and role. For the Strongman, if you are chosen to perform the Mafia Night Kill you may choose for that kill to bypass any protective abilities. Does not work on players that cannot be targeted at all. For the Ninja, if you are chosen to perform the Mafia Night Kill you may choose for that kill to not appear on any investigative results. You win with the mafia.

Night Actions:

NP1: Drafter watched Supa, Danielle hide behind Drafter, Water doc GP, warren ninja drafter
NP2: Water doc warren, warren strongman Lunatic
NP3: Water doc Supa, warren intercept Supa, warren NK Croc

Crocodile - Be more active!!
Elminster - Don't throw :(
SupaDudz - You've literally been up against the spy role before, I can't believe you fell for it again :(. Also, Lunatic completely townread Croc, I dunno why you said he massively scum read him lol
WaterPhoenix - You need to be more confident, your justification read on warren was great.
GreyParrot - Maybe stop claiming DP1?

Mikal ultimately lost the game for town, and Danielle just got really unlucky.

Balance:

1x interceptor balanced for the fact that mafia were against 9 players instead of the usual 7, hated helped with that as well. Town had a lot of protective roles to 1x interceptor and 1x strongman balanced against that, and 1x ninja helped against the watcher. The spy gave mafia a boost as well. I think it was balanced overall.

Town MVP: Lunatic
Mafia MVP: Both were equally great
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
@Vader
@WaterPhoenix
@Crocodile
@Elminster
Hello
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
@Lunatic
@Greyparrot
@whiteflame
@warren42
Hello
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
gg, sorry I wasn’t around much D2, I would’ve been around more D3 if it hadnt ended so abruptly

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Hey
warren42
warren42
Shouts to pie, he did great
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Sorry :(
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Shouts to pie, he did great
Always enjoy being mafia with u homie
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
Getting lynched as a vanilla dp1 lost them the game 

Kek

Not the doc protecting the bp 

Lmao
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Ya I had roles and characters assigned after DP1 pretty much thanks to Lunatic
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, that was frustrating. Amazed just how many times things went wrong in this, though a bad DP1 and the double kill in NP1 definitely didn't help. Seriously though, I thought it was obvious by DP3 that Pie was scum, and Warren was at least sus since he wasn't killed despite the Cop claim all the way up to DP3. Why did you guys settle on a VTNL when that was virtually certain to end the game?
Speedrace
Speedrace
Also even though mass character claim hurt town I in principle agree with them. Luna had no reason to not do one
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah Luna scumread Pie too. They picked off the players who actually play tho :/
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Why did you guys settle on a VTNL when that was virtually certain to end the game?
Laziness
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Also even though mass character claim hurt town I in principle agree with them. Luna had no reason to not do one
Ya it definitely hurt town this time but I would’ve done the same thing if I wasn’t scum. I was hoping someone would take the initiative so I can match roles and it worked out. Even if I did die, instant sus on Lunatic right there, which I had at the back of my head
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
@warren42
Also surprised y'all didn't claim Mjolnir for cop. I almost put that in the game because the justification is so good
warren42
warren42
We were gonna kill GP cause we knew Danielle (or anyone else smart) would hide behind a BP but then when Pie was pretty sure Danielle was hider we figured her (slightly justified) paranoia about strongman would mean she’d hide behind someone else

warren42
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
Hm yeah hadn’t thought of that at all. I guess it might’ve been a bit sus with mjolnir and stormbreaker
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Good job pie and warren!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Also surprised y'all didn't claim Mjolnir for cop. I almost put that in the game because the justification is so good
I actually thought about that but didn’t say it cause Warren had already talked about Mjolnir in the DP. The less the attention the better lol
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I fucking hate the fact that Warren has done this two times to me where I’ve called him out, saying that he might be faking the claim and then never pursuing it
Vader
Vader
The funny thing is after the DP I literally thought to myself that Pie and Wareen are scum because it seems so oddly convienant that he cops Pie the minute he sends the message
Vader
Vader
I still think mafia would’ve won the game. Pie played a very good game. I had a typical sus of Pie cuz of activity meta, but I felt Water was more sus and even with the theory, I felt like if Wareen were lynched and flipped scum, I probs would’ve felt that Pie was more town
Vader
Vader
The NK themselves were well thought to. Leaving me alive to make it appear as if a noob was playing scum was a well designed play. 

I also noticed Pie going on his phone for Discord a bit too. I didn’t want to say anything because Speed prohibits that meta analyzing
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
dammit i think we would've won that if i had protected literally anyone but the bp
Danielle
Danielle
I think the biggest takeaway from this game is how weak DART players really are when there is no theme split (I'm including myself in this category). Town has won most games recently, but the majority of the time we rely on things like theme analysis or breaking the game by figuring out who's online when or who's typing, etc. In Live Mafia, it has become so clear that without fake claims you will just immediately lose as scum the second the game starts with a mass claim. Fortunately in forum mafia that doesn't happen as much, but there's still a lot of theme analysis that people rely on, especially DP1. This game was  a great example of how without dissecting a theme people will completely flounder and have no clue what to do if there were just pure roles or when people forget that roles do not equal affiliation.

I had a feeling Pie was scum because he pushed to lynch me in like 4 games for not being "active enough" on DP1 before I knew the game even started -- meanwhile Croc contributed nothing for like 3 day phases and Pie didn't say anything. I maintain that Pie is one of the players I can't read for shit, but that did stick out to me. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Elminster
Your new meta is ridiculously bad and harmful to town. You keep playing horribly and then insisting that people on your wagon are scum which is nonsensical. Your wagon is always justified.  In Riddle Mafia, the second you got pressured you just caved and voted for yourself. Out of the 4 other people on your wagon, only 1 of them was scum (out of 2 scum). Those 25% odds of finding mafia on your wagon were the exact same as finding scum in the game had you literally just randomly picked out of a hat. 

Similarly in this game, the second I made a case against you (I was the first person) you started acting erratically. You didn't argue my points, didn't claim, and worst of all gave contrary + conflicting information about what your role might be which is just completely scummy. So your wagon was entirely justified and nobody on it could be read scummy for reading your behavior scummy. Out of the 5 other people that voted for you, EVERY SINGLE  ONE OF US WAS TOWN

Refusing to cooperate gives mafia an easy mislynch and leads townies to scum read other townies  on your wagon even though the votes were justified. This meta is NOT pro town.  Consensus doesn't say so, traditional mafia guidance wouldn't say so, and the statistics absolutely don't say so.  I strongly encourage you to drop this meta because it's not panning out at all and comes off petulant since it is consistently not useful. 

Danielle
Danielle
As far as my mistake in this game, I  misread what my role was. It had nothing to do with me assuming a Strongman. For some reason I always thought the Hider role is when you hide behind someone, if you are targeted for a night kill, the person you hide behind would die in your place instead. I had no idea I was supposed to target someone who wouldn't visit which was just me skimming and not reading my role because I thought I knew what it was. That was my bad cuz I don't know shit about the theme, so I def should have been reading my Role PM more carefully. 

At first I hid behind Croc cuz I thought he was scum. I wanted him to die in my place  even if he wasn't scum because he was so useless as a player. But of course Elminster's declaration that scum would be on his wagon made me paranoid. Despite my better judgment, at the last second I decided to switch to drafterman who was on Elminster's wagon. I didn't think to look up more about Redwing, but even if I assumed he had a visiting role I didn't understand how the Hider worked so I probs would have just hid behind anyone I read scummy. 

However I will say that despite a huge mistake in getting myself killed, the way the town completely gave up after my death was a little ridiculous albeit somewhat flattering lol. Honestly Greyparrot kept complaining about it multiple times as if I myself was responsible for the entire game and it's my job to carry the town. It was literally DP2 and ya'll just quit because three talkative townies were dead, which was always a possibility per the role mechanics. I mean I had no reason to necessarily believe Greyparrot and hide behind him anyway. 

So yes I fucked up by misreading, but watching the town unravel and do nothing was actually a great representation of where people on this site can all improve. If I made the mistake of misreading, ya'll made the mistake of not being useful or competent enough to keep the game going and cast intelligent votes. 

In the end, I thought scum was warren and Water. Warren and Pie did an excellent job. It would have been great to see this game play out minus a few mistakes. I think it would have come down to the end. Thank you, Speed, for hosting. 

warren42
warren42
-->
@Vader
We were planning on having me cop pie regardless, wish I could've gotten that out before the message
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
So were you a weak hider then?