The Stand Endgame

Author: Lunatic

Total: 162
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Mafia wins! Speedrace was the last remaining scum!

Scum MVP: Speedrace

He made some good calls with the tailor role, which was a huge gamble given how many power roles town had this game, but it paid off well. Manipulated town into thinking there was more scum than there really were and forcing lynches.

Town MVP's: Drafter/ragnar

The cop targets were amazing, and the way they played it was brilliant. 2 Guilties in a row were stellar, and mafia were pretty confused as to who the cop was until POE absolutely forced it down. 

Balance thoughts? I expect to hear a bit about how tailor is pretty OP. I do agree with that sentiment. However the way I designed this game was that scum had to leave themselves extremely vulnerable anytime they used it. It was a big gamble as that JOAT was their only protection against investigation roles. They basically had no roleblock, redirect, anything when they would use it. Also town had a ton of confirmable roles (though this was also designed to build skepticism and lead mislynches among the town, as well as to balance mafia's super JOAT role that basically counters everything). Town would have had a very good chance of winning this had the bomb mishap not happened DP1. Town besides maybe two town players who knows who they are, played pretty well this game but were met with the unfortunate circumstances with greyparrot's bomb.

BTW as soon as I did the roles and saw GP rolled bomb I had the temptation to switch him with someone else because I had a feeling he would do what he did. But I also kinda thought it would be funny to see how it played out. It definitely was, but yeah I would be pissed if I was on his team lol.

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

I would've lost if it wasn't for GP lol this was so townsided
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Thx for hosting, this was a ton of fun
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
We tailored Mikal, WF, and Chris. Mikal was actually scum, WF was the lone wolf, and Chris was town
Vader
Vader
I just called it because of how the game was going to go and my experience with you in mafia. I can't be angry about something I predicted. Anyway sending out role PM's for my game soon
Speedrace
Speedrace
spEeD iS nEVeR tOwN
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
GP trolling killed us, would’ve been a free mafia bait/kill
Vader
Vader
Also I knew town wasn't going to believe me because of my aggression this entire game. So I felt no point in arguing
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Yep, pretty sure we would've lost if GP didn't do that
Speedrace
Speedrace
WOOF WOOF WOOF
Danielle
Danielle
First off I want to say how grateful I am for MAKING IT TO THE END!!! Yo I am literally smiling from ear to ear right now lol I literally don't think this has ever happened before. Maybe it did like 10 years ago (no joke) but this is a once in a very blue moon thing, and I really wanted to play in this game with ya'll for a few day phases so I'm just so happy it worked out that way. 

I'm also really proud of town for winning despite how the game started with losing 3 townies immediately. I didn't have to role claim until almost the end so again the town played really well utilizing all kinds of context clues and not JUST theme analysis. This is one of the most rewarding town wins I've seen in awhile. 

Out of curiosity, why didn't the mafia have any claims handy? I know it's tough in a themed games sometimes but seriously ya'll couldn't come up with one? Jeez Louise. Good game though - that was really fun. 

Supa I am always impressed by your commitment to the very end when you're scum. Despite being one of the youngest people here, you're one of the most mature Mafia players. And Elminster why are you always saying town on DART sucks? It's the same people as Discord lol. I'll admit most times DP1 frustrates the shit out of me but this game was better. 

Well done everyone. And thanks, Luna, for hosting. 

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
Lol Supa wasn't scum XD

Maf won LOL
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
I should've tried to attract mafia kill DP1 but was too busy to do so, sorry folks. I feel kinda bad for not using my role well

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
Also happy that you survived, I wanted to make sure we didn't kill you b/c I know it's annoying to always die
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Yep, pretty sure we would've lost if GP didn't do that
I would’ve played that role so well😭.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Supa I am always impressed by your commitment to the very end when you're scum. Despite being one of the youngest people here, you're one of the most mature Mafia players. And Elminster why are you always saying town on DART sucks? It's the same people as Discord lol. I'll admit most times DP1 frustrates the shit out of me but this game was better. 
Thank you for the compliment, but sadly I wasn't scum
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Well done everyone. And thanks, Luna, for hosting. 
Appreciated, but I'd re-read the OP haha
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
Oh lol well done then. I jailed you NP1 because I was convinced the barking thing was fake.  Usually the things that seem role confirmed are scum so I knew people would consider you "confirmed" the entire game without giving you a second thought. But since I jailed you Np1 and the kill went through I was like meh. Figured it would be the one fake claim given. Awesome job! 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@MisterChris
I should've tried to attract mafia kill DP1 but was too busy to do so, sorry folks. I feel kinda bad for not using my role well
Wouldn’t have really mattered imo 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Danielle
Town didn’t win, though I am glad for you that you survived to the end.

Btw, I know I fucked up in the end there, but given my choices up to that point, I wasn’t likely to beat back the accusation. Just went for a ridiculous Hail Mary that I knew wouldn’t work before I did it.
Speedrace
Speedrace
This game was so fluid though it was really nice, all games should be like this
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Damn, Tailor. Never would have seen that coming.

Ragnar and I posited Speed trolling with his role claim and both agreed that, if he was scum, he deserves this win, and he does.

Interestingly, if Danielle had not jailed Chris, his oracle role would have activated making an entirely different last DP, but that is how the game breaks.

In the end, DPs 1-3 cancel each other out. DPS 4 and 5 determined the game based on behavior.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
I knew you were scum DP2. I was planning on tracking you but oh well 🤷‍♂️
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
Thx, I got roleblocked and I thought you jailed me b/c you thought I was town xD but alls well that ends well I suppose
Danielle
Danielle
Yeah just like Pie sending messages to people didn't confirm him town, neither is making sure to say "woof." I had a feeling that he was scum and that's literally why I jailed him lol. That is exactly the sort of role that sounds like a mod would create for fun so I knew it was a potential fake claim and one maybe Speed even came up with himself. Plus it seemed big brained to kill Pie.  I'm just so happy I lived to to the end that I don't even fucking care we lost. The mafia should keep me alive every time and I promise to keep making poor decisions. Do it! 
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Vader
Also I knew town wasn't going to believe me because of my aggression this entire game. So I felt no point in arguing
That's not what Town didn't believe you. Have an enormous lack of self awareness that you need to fix if you want to improve in this game.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
After I tailored Mikal I was so suuuuure that you would call out a tailor

GG man you played great, y'all go so lucky with those cops lol
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I figured if anyone had a read on me, it was you or Speed. I knew who the other scum were by DP3, but by then it was too late to do much about it.