Other options for "time for argument"

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 7
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
@bsh1 suggested to create a couple of other options for the "time for argument" debate setting, specifically 30 mins and 3 hours, I like the idea and I just wanted to quickly discuss it before I start implementing it, to see if there are any objections or other suggestions.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@bsh1
Ping
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I won't ever use that. 3 hours maybe but 30 mins is a fucking joke.

It doesn't matter what kind of genius you are, the physical laying out and typing is time-consuming in itself.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Is it possible to do some analytics on the back end? What is the average time to post an argument based on the timestamps? Each participants' argument has a "published" date, you can just subtract one published date from another, then average out the deltas.

The current option for 12 hours seems sufficient. Unless we have people regularly posting arguments very quickly, I'm not sure I see the need.

Then again, if it's a simple coding change, it doesn't really hurt anything, either.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
The purpose of those options is to allow for "quickfire" debates, which did happen on DDO from time to time. I doubt that most users would use those options, but they are nice options to have.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Bump
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@drafterman
Is it possible to do some analytics on the back end? What is the average time to post an argument based on the timestamps? Each participants' argument has a "published" date, you can just subtract one published date from another, then average out the deltas.

The current option for 12 hours seems sufficient. Unless we have people regularly posting arguments very quickly, I'm not sure I see the need.

Then again, if it's a simple coding change, it doesn't really hurt anything, either
Yeah, I don't think it would take me more than an hour so if people want it, then it's not a problem at all to implement it.