The Prince of Peace.

Author: Stephen

Total: 43
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Matthew 10:34

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36     a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 

39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
40 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

I struggle to read anything  that encourages peace about these verses. They encourage division not unity. They encourage intolerance not tolerance. All in all, they encourage everything that isn't peaceful. They encourage everything but to love one another.

It is also interesting that Jesus encourages everyone to " take up their own cross".  If you don't, you are not worth a toss to Jesus.... the Prince of Peace. What ever could this mean? 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Stephen
Jesus said a lot of weird and shitty things. Christianity is NOT all about LUV
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
No one knows what Jesus might of said, if anything at all....Some people supposedly wrote stuff down, but they clearly also made a lot of stuff up.

And I would suggest that "LUV" is an overused misrepresentation of brain function.... And Christianity is a following that has grown up around a pseudo creation hypothesis.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@janesix
 Christianity is NOT all about LUV
But from the true christianity there comes the true luv.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@zedvictor4
And I would suggest that "LUV" is an overused misrepresentation of brain function.
If what your think that love is in the brain then it is sad but if your feeling the love in your heart then your feeling true love.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I struggle to read anything  that encourages peace about these verses. 
Like the KKK  struggles to see anything that encourages intelligence about president Obama? That kind of "struggle"?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Utanity
Hopefully you don't feel anything in your heart.....If you do, then call a paramedic pronto.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix

Well, you not wrong there. This verse hardly shows  intentions of peace does it. 

Luke 22:36  22:36  "He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one ". 

So. We have the Prince of Peace commanding his hoard of followers to sell even  their cloths to buy arms. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Still Struggling I see. Lol
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@janesix
Your dead rite because you cannot do the love if you cannot do the hate.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@ethang5
Like the KKK  struggles to see anything that encourages intelligence about president Obama? That kind of "struggle"?
Obama he didnt needing the encouragement to being intelligent because he is being very intelligent anyway and the kkk they are struggling to be seaing anything because their always waring the pillow cases with the holes cut out and when they cant sea through the pillow cases all their seeing is black.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Still Struggling I see. Lol

Indeed I am, Ethang5, I really am.

I just cannot understand why  JESUS son of god- The Prince of Peace - would want his hordes of followers to arm themselves to the teeth and want to destroy the family unite.  Pitting “‘a man against his father and brother and sister,  a daughter against her mother and brother ,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law etc etc.  Can you understand these commands of division and hate, from the Prince of Peace?   Sound like a proper  little far left Marxist doesn't he.

How large was his following? Hundreds ? Thousands?  12?

Maybe he was expecting an uprising?  A rebellion of sorts? Maybe he was building a small army to take by force what he believed to be rightfully his.  Maybe all of his mission was more political than religious than we can realise. 

He was crucified my the Romans for sedition wasn't he, and this would explain the arms build, the splitting of families where one member turns on another  being on opposite sides of the political divide..  Yes that would explain a lot wouldn't it.  Jesus the freedom fighter.  Of course that would depend which side you were on, he was probably simply considered just one of many political   zealot terrorist agitators from Galilee and or  Nazareth (the bandit country). And one of many claiming to be THE messiah & king of the JEWS.  Well we know that he failed miserably  at his mission, don't we. 

John 7:41  " HOW CAN THE MESSIAH COME FROM GALILEE?  "  How indeed, especially when we are also told that he was from Bethlehem. 

John 1:46 "NAZARETH!!!!?   CAN ANYTHING GOOD COME FROM THERE"?  Well no it can't  by all accounts. because it was the land of  cut throat bandit zealots according to historian Flavius Josephus.

Well, those two verse speak volumes now don't they, when we read Matthew 10:34 again it gives us a little more insight .  

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Utanity
Sorry Willows, I just find you too ridiculous to waste time on, this would be true even without your loony sock.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@ethang5
 I just find you too ridiculous to waste time on, this would be true even without your loony sock.
Your not needing to wasting time because your can answering in 90 days if your like.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Still Struggling I see. Lol

Indeed I am, Ethang5, I really am.
You aren't struggling at all with my question though. You've dodged that like a dodgeball champ.

I just cannot understand why  JESUS son of god- The Prince of Peace - would want his hordes of followers to arm themselves to the teeth and want to destroy the family unite.
It couldn't be your poor reading comprehension. Nah, it couldn't be.

Pitting “‘a man against his father and brother and sister,  a daughter against her mother and brother ,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law etc etc.
You didn't read the part where it told you how to become a Christian huh?

Can you understand these commands of division and hate, from the Prince of Peace?   Sound like a proper  little far left Marxist doesn't he.
You just sound like a militant who again doesn't know of what he speaks.

How large was his following? Hundreds ? Thousands?  12?
You don't know yet you felt comfortable enough to use the word hordes? You should stop talking while your fakery is still intact.

Maybe he was expecting an uprising?  A rebellion of sorts? Maybe he was building a small army to take by force what he believed to be rightfully his.  Maybe all of his mission was more political than religious than we can realise. 
Or maybe your poor reading comprehension and your anti-theist bias is just a great formula for instant silliness.

He was crucified my the Romans for sedition wasn't he, and this would explain the arms build, the splitting of families where one member turns on another  being on opposite sides of the political divide..  Yes that would explain a lot wouldn't it. 
I still think your poor reading comprehension and unfamiliarity with the text explains it better.

Jesus the freedom fighter.  Of course that would depend which side you were on, he was probably simply considered just one of many political   zealot terrorist agitators from Galilee and or  Nazareth (the bandit country). And one of many claiming to be THE messiah & king of the JEWS.  Well we know that he failed miserably  at his mission, don't we. 
I can't imagine how you're still cackling about that miserable failure 2,000 year later! Imagine if He had succeeded? Your great grand kids would still be talking about Him.... Wait. Lol.

You haven't the foggiest clue how one becomes a Christian, (you admit) but you know what Jesus' mission was? I wonder, do you fool yourself with these little rants? If you do, I bet you're the only one fooled.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Utanity
You'll just switch to your other sock when this alt #33 gets banned. Two days tops OCD.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

I just cannot understand why  JESUS son of god- The Prince of Peace - would want his hordes of followers to arm themselves to the teeth and want to destroy the family unite.
It couldn't be your poor reading comprehension. Nah, it couldn't be.

No,  I  know what I have read.  I even supplied the verses where the Prince of Peace spoke those words to his followers to  sell their clothes to buy arms and told his followers that they were not worthy of him unless they loved him more than their own children and his  intention to create division among the family unite.. You simply cannot face the fact that the Prince of Peace  says himself that he had not come to bring peace

Unless you are going to tell me those are not the words of Jesus, which is it? 

Pitting “‘a man against his father and brother and sister,  a daughter against her mother and brother ,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law etc etc.
You didn't read the part where it told you how to become a Christian huh?

This thread doesn't concern becoming a Christian  and why is  it that YOU Christians keep forgetting Jesus was a JEW  that had been sent to gather the lost sheep of Israel?   Are you a JEW? No you are not.  Matthew 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." <<<<< ONLY, that doesn't mean YOU!!!

And you haven't explained why Jesus - the Prince of Peace would want to create division and split the family unite?  

Can you understand these commands of division and hate, from the Prince of Peace?   Sound like a proper  little far left Marxist doesn't he.
You just sound like a militant who again doesn't know of what he speaks.

Well I am only repeating what the bible actually says and making comment.  You don't have to accept it and I don't  care which way you want to read it.  Is all I am saying  is what I have wrote would make those ambiguous verses more understandable.  You may simply be lacking brain capacity to even consider this as a very plausible explanation. 

How large was his following? Hundreds ? Thousands?  12?Maybe he was expecting an uprising?  A rebellion of sorts? Maybe he was building a small army to take by force what he believed to be rightfully his.  Maybe all of his mission was more political than religious than we can realise. 

He was crucified my the Romans for sedition wasn't he, and this would explain the arms build, the splitting of families where one member turns on another  being on opposite sides of the political divide..  Yes that would explain a lot wouldn't it.  Jesus the freedom fighter.  Of course that would depend which side you were on, he was probably simply considered just one of many political   zealot terrorist agitators from Galilee and or  Nazareth (the bandit country). And one of many claiming to be THE messiah & king of the JEWS.  Well we know that he failed miserably  at his mission, don't we. 

You don't know yet you felt comfortable enough to use the word hordes?
Well we read different numbers all the time. I was just giving you an opportunity to correct any mistakes I may have made concerning how large the following was of Jesus of the Prince of Peace  was. So you don't actually know either. I would put it in the high thousands. which amounts to quite a hoard and all commanded to arm themselves.  it sound to me like he was building an army in the "wilderness".  

You should stop talking while your fakery is still intact.

Exposing an alternative you mean. And that sound like a veiled threat. it isn't a veiled threat is it? 

You haven't the foggiest clue how one becomes a Christian,
with these little rants?

They are not rants, Princess, stop being so sensitive. I am simply making sense where no sense exist when one simply takes these scriptures at face value. Stop crying about it ands start supply some evidence to the contrary. Or you can simply leave the thread. 

Your boy was building an army to take a throne that he believed was his my  right. And only then do these verse make sense

John 7:41  " HOW CAN THE MESSIAH COME FROM GALILEE?  "  How indeed, especially when we are also told that he was from Bethlehem. 

John 1:46 "NAZARETH!!!!?   CAN ANYTHING GOOD COME FROM THERE"?  Well no it can't  by all accounts. because it was the land of  cut throat bandit zealots according to historian Flavius Josephus.

Well, those two verse speak volumes now don't they, when we read Matthew 10:34 again it gives us a little more insight .  

Castin
Castin
And he also says "blessed are the peacemakers" and "love thine enemy" and "turn the other cheek" and "all who live by the sword will die by the sword." The dude could vacillate between harsh and hippie.

Taken as a whole, Jesus seems to be saying that even though peace is the intent, his message will inevitably bring mixed and controversial reactions, potentially dividing households and turning children against their traditionalist Jewish parents. And in the case where a person must choose between Jesus's message and their family, it is imperative that they choose his message. It will be hard - a cross to bear - but it is righteous.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
And he also says "blessed are the peacemakers" and "love thine enemy" and "turn the other cheek" and "all who live by the sword will die by the sword." The dude could vacillate between harsh and hippie.
 Well when we consider what ancient Palestine was like under Roman rule(read Josephus).  I am sure I would be saying one thing in the open and another behind their backs. When Jesus said "render unto Caesar" it must have sent the Galilean zealots into a frenzy. Their hatred of Rome and anything Roman is well documented and to pay tax to Rome was anathema to these cut-throat assassins. 

Taken as a whole, Jesus seems to be saying that even though peace is the intent,

I think he was giving the  diplomatic approach a chance. And had an army on standby. And he got cut down before he had a chance to use it.  Just like the Baptist.  This of course didn't save Jerusalem or the temple. The Romans finally had enough of the infighting of the many different sects and all hell broke lose.

his message will inevitably bring mixed and controversial reactions,

Indeed the mixed massages come thick and fast in these scriptures. Jesus did a lot in secret and was visited after dark  in secrete by members of the council. One can only image these rich men were  supporting and funding his cause..  and who can forget that he spoke one thing to the commoners and another "for those with ears".

potentially dividing households and turning children against their traditionalist Jewish parents.
Yes this is what rebellion causes. When one wants to change or upset the status quo. It also happens every time we approach an new age. Jesus and  his disciples  discussed the end of the age and the new age to come a few times. I believe this played a large part in Jesus'cause. and his claim to the throne.

And in the case where a person must choose between Jesus's message and their family, it is imperative that they choose his message.

It is never made clear what  Jesus the Jew's  message really was. But  two claims he makes stand out from all of the rest don't they.

Matthew 10:34

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword"

Matthew 15:24   "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

As we can see from above and what you have posted.  I believe what was more important was that the JEWS  to accept him as their rightful king , it was  this that was more in contention.   What has to be remembered is that the priests of the temple and the king  were puppets,  put into their lucrative positions by Rome. 

It will be hard - a cross to bear - but it is righteous.

Whichever side one decided to  take in those  dangerous times was always going to run the risk of "bearing a cross"  if one chose the wrong side?   

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You simply cannot face the fact that the Prince of Peace  says himself that he had not come to bring peace
He also says you are dead and thus cannot understand His message.

Unless you are going to tell me those are not the words of Jesus, which is it? 
I just told you. Your reading comprehension is at 6th grade level. The problem is not His words but your understanding.

This thread doesn't concern becoming a Christian...
You wouldn't talk about becoming a Christian in that thread.

...and why is  it that YOU Christians keep forgetting Jesus was a JEW  that had been sent to gather the lost sheep of Israel?
Jesus was sent FIRST to Israel. Your poor reading comprehension causes you the think Jesus was sent ONLY to Israel.

Are you a JEW?
Every baptized born again Christian is a Jew. But this thread is not about Jews is it?

No you are not.  Matthew 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." <<<<< ONLY, that doesn't mean YOU!!!
John 3:16

And you haven't explained why Jesus - the Prince of Peace would want to create division and split the family unite?  
Because I don't have to explain the dumb things you think.

Well I am only repeating what the bible actually says...
Those verses said nothing about hordes, or division, or hate, or family units, or to the teeth. All that stupidity is just you.

Well we read different numbers all the time.
Because they are at different times and different places. Do I really have to tell you that Einstein?

I was just giving you an opportunity to correct any mistakes I may have made concerning how large the following was of Jesus of the Prince of Peace  was. 
How many states are there in the United States? Things change genius. Or do you think Jesus only spoke to the exact same number of people every time He spoke? Could that really be your expectation?

it sound to me like...
We know how it "sounds" to you. Luckily for us we can tell the difference between ignorant conjecture and scripture.

it isn't a veiled threat is it? 
How could I threaten some guy I don't know in another country on the net. Simmer down chicken little, the mods are not as dumb as you seem to think they are.

You haven't the foggiest clue how one becomes a Christian, yet you think you know the mission of Jesus?

(The genius deleted my question)

Do you ever convince yourself with these little rants?

They are not rants, 
OK, but are you ever convinced?

Your boy was building an army to take a throne that he believed was his my  right. And only then do these verse make sense
And it took you to come tell us?

As I always tell you. Repetition doesn't make you look smarter. You couldn't find out how to become a Christian, but you figured Jesus' mission in detail all by yourself.

Now that you've posted the verses over and over, and supplied your loony interpretation that you claim is the "only one that makes sense", what now?

Has Christianity fallen? Will you be hailed are finding a truth everyone else missed?

All you get is the thrill of a spray-painter writing vulgarity on a church wall. The thrill is vacuous and fleeting, that is why you have to do it over and over. We watch you and we feel sorry for you.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Castin
Taken as a whole, Jesus seems to be saying that even though peace is the intent, his message will inevitably bring mixed and controversial reactions, potentially dividing households and turning children against their traditionalist Jewish parents. And in the case where a person must choose between Jesus's message and their family, it is imperative that they choose his message. It will be hard - a cross to bear - but it is righteous.
Then maybe He wasn't vacillating. Maybe each of His comments had their own context. I could post some of your past comments that would make Jesus seem mild by comparison if I took away all the context.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
You simply cannot face the fact that the Prince of Peace  says himself that he had not come to bring peace

And I know I am not Dead. I have just eaten a very nice Sunday dinner.

...and why is  it that YOU Christians keep forgetting Jesus was a JEW  that had been sent to gather the lost sheep of Israel?
Jesus was sent FIRST to Israel. Your poor reading comprehension causes you the think Jesus was sent ONLY to Israel.

You missed the word  "ONLY" There is no mention of his being sent to no one else but the JEWS. stop trying to rewrite the  scripture. My reading is perfect Jesus himself says who he was ONLY sent to and it wasn't you Christians" was it?   No you are not.  Matthew 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." <<<<< ONLY, that doesn't mean YOU!!!

Every baptized born again Christian is a Jew. But this thread is not about Jews is it?

Stop with your shite  man!  You really get desperate at times don't you.?

Yes,  he loved the world so much that he was sent to unite and  save  Israel ONLY , gods chosen and ONLY  treasured possession. the Israelite were all sons of god.  YOU certainly wasn't. 

You mean you cannot because they are indeed vile divisive  verses and unexplainable.

Those verses said nothing about hordes, or division, or hate, or family units, or to the teeth. All that stupidity is just you.

So then who was he addressing when he told people to sell their cloths to buy deadly weapons.  Was he addressing Mary and Martha?

Because they are at different times and different places. Do I really have to tell you that Einstein?
Well that is just horse AND bull shit , isn't it, Einstein. We are talking Palestine under Roman occupation.

I was just giving you an opportunity to correct any mistakes I may have made concerning how large the following was of Jesus of the Prince of Peace  was. 
do you think Jesus only spoke to the exact same number of people every time He spoke? Could that really be your expectation?

No. And this is why I have good reason to believe he had thousands of followers /hoards that he commanded to arm themselves with deadly weapons.

it sound to me like like he was building an army in the "wilderness".  
We know how it "sounds" to you. Luckily for us we can tell the difference between ignorant conjecture and scripture.

I don't think you can. Can you prove he wan't building an army,  armed to the teeth when the biblical evidence suggests otherwise. 

That's' why I started a thread on the subject . here>> https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5301-how-does-one-become-a-christian?page=1

yet you think you know the mission of Jesus?
 I do. He was more than prepared to take what he believed was his by birthright and by force if needs be. He got preempted and died for what he believed was his by right
And  you haven't offered anything to the contrary,  have you,  Princess? 

Your boy was building an army to take a throne that he believed was his by  right. 

Yes, to those that have ears.  And once again you haven't offered anything to the contrary,  have you,  Princess? 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
With four Gospels and endless examples of Jesus being a peace maker and a lover you cherry-pick a handful of supposed verses that you believe contradict that. How Steven-like of you...

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Jesus' teachings are principle oriented, meaning there are principles behind what He's saying. Jesus wasn't just bringing peace on Earth but also opposing a contrasting system or force. And in doing so that automatically positions such an opposing force in opposition to Jesus' teachings. So while on one hand there is the breaking down of war, that objective entails a war, you must dismantle a war with a war so to speak. Jesus could not come to bring love and peace without there being a war, every time you have a positive force you have the contrasting side that opposes it. So naturally if Jesus comes to make positive changes He comes with a "sword". Meaning that Jesus is ready to defend and fight, not start a fight. The fight had already began, Jesus was coming to settle it.
And let's not forget that when Jesus was being captured He told His followers to put their sword away, so we know this is more of a figurative passage. Jesus' command was to love not kill.
The opposing side makes no distinction between family, friends and partners. Meaning that if you choose to follow Jesus even your own mother could turn against you, or oppose you. Because it's not your family that is the head of the battle, it is God and so you have no real companions unless they are on that side, they could turn on you just like that. That's kind of the meaning behind what Jesus is saying here.

36     a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

This is true in light of what I just wrote above. All the passage is doing is making a distinction between two forces...two opposing sides. Whether it is your momma, brother, sister ect ect it makes no difference. 

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Again this goes in line with what I said about a battle, if you wish to be on the right side then you have to be willing to abandon anything not on that side no matter what it is. It's not a command to leave ones family, it's a principle oriented illustration. Family is used to express that which is very nearest and close to a person, something that means a great deal. Here Jesus is using that to illustrate true and sincere zeal. If a Kingdom must flourish (and those that wish to inhabit that Kingdom) then any threat to that Kingdom must be opposed or stopped at the very least in principle.
Verse 38 speaks for itself.

39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

You're not very good with figurative language are you Steven?

40 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

What's the matter with this one Steve? did you run out of examples lol??

I struggle to read anything  that encourages peace about these verses. They encourage division not unity. They encourage intolerance not tolerance. All in all, they encourage everything that isn't peaceful. They encourage everything but to love one another.

That's because you ignored all the verses, illustrations, commands and parables about peace and love and decided to cherry pick a few verses out of context. Sounds like something Steven would do...

It is also interesting that Jesus encourages everyone to " take up their own cross".  If you don't, you are not worth a toss to Jesus.... the Prince of Peace. What ever could this mean?

Take up your cross is just analogous to being a participator, in other words don't be a lazy azz. There's two sides with one of those sides being led by Jesus, if you're not on that side it automatically puts you at odds with Jesus. You can't step into a war zone and think you can make peace without their being some altercation. Try going into gang territory and preaching good will to all men and tell me what happens lol, you're going to have bullets whizzing past your little head. You might even get jumped, murdered, tortured who knows. Whenever you bring peace into a bad situation there's first going to be a war, even if your intentions and objection is peace, you have to fight for that peace. So while on one hand you are a peace-maker, that entails you are also a war-maker consequently. Not because you stand for war and division but because the opposition does.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

And I know I am not Dead. I have just eaten a very nice Sunday dinner.
You simply cannot face the fact that the Prince of Peace says himself that you are dead. We are talking about what the Prince of Peace said right?

You missed the word  "ONLY" There is no mention of his being sent to no one else but the JEWS. stop trying to rewrite the  scripture. 
As many times as I've embarrassed you by showing you scripture you insisted didn't exist, one would think you would be more careful.

My reading is perfect...

Lol! 

Jesus himself says who he was ONLY sent to and it wasn't you Christians" was it?   No you are not.  Matthew 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." <<<<< ONLY, that doesn't mean YOU!!!
I usually wait till you are in full froth before embarrassing you. It's more fun that way.

Stop with your shite  man!  You really get desperate at times don't you.?
We are talking about what the Prince of Peace says right? So this is yet another thing you don't know, but are being militant in your ignorance.

Yes,  he loved the world so much that he was sent to unite and  save  Israel ONLY 
For God so loved..... THE WORLD..... that He sent His only begotten son, that WHOMSOEVER believes in Him, shall have eternal life...

Your poor reading comprehension has embarrassed you again.

You mean you cannot because they are indeed vile divisive  verses and unexplainable.
No I mean both. I don't have to explain the dumb things you think, and I doubt anyone can explain the dumb things you think. Not even you.

So then who was he addressing .....?
You said you were repeating what the bible actually says. Those verses said nothing about hordes, or division, or hate, or family units, or to the teeth. Who He was addressing is another thing entirely. Stay focused. You were NOT repeating repeating what the bible actually says, you were lying.

Well that is just horse AND bull shit , isn't it, Einstein. We are talking Palestine under Roman occupation.
Over a period of three years! Are you so dense that you think Jesus spoke to the same amount of people every time He spoke?

No.
And that is why you read different numbers all the time. A child would have figured that out.

And this is why I have good reason to believe he had thousands of followers /hoards that he commanded to arm themselves with deadly weapons.
OK. But Jesus was not speaking to thousands all the time, and He had only 12disciples. Your imagination is different from what the bible actually says.

it sound to me like like he was building an army in the "wilderness".  

I don't think you can.
Sure I can. Ignorant conjecture is what you write.

Can you prove he wan't building an army,  armed to the teeth when the biblical evidence suggests otherwise. 
If the biblical evidence suggested otherwise, no. But as I said, there is a difference between ignorant conjecture and scripture.

That's' why I started a thread on the subject 
You started a thread because you get off on obsessively posting assaults on Christianity. Your ignorance is obvious.

...yet you think you know the mission of Jesus?
 I do.
Then it is amazing that you claim you don't know how one becomes a Christian!

Lol. The bible has.

Your boy was building an army to take a throne that he believed was his by  right. 

Yes, to those that have ears.
And no brains.

And once again you haven't offered anything to the contrary,  have you,  Princess? 
And once again, the bible has. Remember John 3:16?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Lol. The bible has.

No it hasn't and neither have you .  Are you sure that it isn't you that is "dead", you are coming across as pretty well spent to me.

The bible indicates Jesus was building an army,  sunshine. I don't care that  this revelation shoots holes in your indoctrinated beliefs.    You just have to face facts. It was JEWS that he came ONLY to save, there wasn't a Christian in sight.

Jesus never once utters  the words Christian, Christians or Christianity.  Your ideology is built on lies and is collapsing by the second. And your own church doesn't seem too concerned about the march of Islam all over the globe.   And it won't be -  turn the other  cheek, love thine enemies -  Christians like you that saves the west from this menace, that for sure.   You haven't woken up to the first or the second calling card at all have you.   See " if he so loved the world"  when Islam comes to town, princess. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Lol. The bible has.

No it hasn't and neither have you. 
Sure it has. You just don't know it.

Are you sure that it isn't you that is "dead", you are coming across as pretty well spent to me.
That is exactly how you come across to Jesus.

The bible indicates Jesus was building an army,  sunshine. I don't care that  this revelation shoots holes in your indoctrinated beliefs. 
Of course you don't care. If you did, you would be ignorant and militant.

You just have to face facts. It was JEWS that he came ONLY to save, there wasn't a Christian in sight.
Yet the verse says "the world" and  "whomsoever".

Jesus never once utters  the words Christian, Christians or Christianity.
His is The Christ. Do you know where the word " Christian comes from?

Your ideology is built on lies and is collapsing by the second.
And then you wake up.

And your own church doesn't seem too concerned about the march of Islam all over the globe.
Why should it be? You don't know my church. It was over 2,000 years ago when Jesus declared on the cross that it was "finished". You are telling us your fantasy, not facts.

And it won't be -  turn the other  cheek, love thine enemies -  Christians like you that saves the west from this menace, that for sure.
Jesus is the ONLY Savior. There is none else.

You haven't woken up to the first or the second calling card at all have you.   See " if he so loved the world"  when Islam comes to town, princess. 
I've lived in Muslim countries for years. Jesus has no equal, and no one and nothing can take me out of His mighty hands. You may be terrified, but that doesn't mean anyone else is.

I have already been saved by the gracious mercy of His Omniscient, Everlasting, Majesty, the King to whom all other kings bow.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Like I said, Jesus never once utters  the words Christian, Christians or Christianity. 

Your ideology is built on lies and is collapsing by the second. And your own church doesn't seem too concerned about the march of Islam all over the globe.   And it won't be -  turn the other  cheek, love thine enemies -  Christians like you that saves the west from this menace, that's for sure. 

Cowards like you will be the first to bend to this menacing  ideology just as you have for 2000 years bowed and prostrated yourself to a barbaric ancient god.  You haven't woken up to the first or the second calling card at all have you.   See " if he so loved the world"  when Islam comes to town, princess. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Like I said, Jesus never once utters  the words Christian, Christians or Christianity. 
I'll take it you don't know that the word Christian is from the word Christ, meaning follower if Christ. My 9 year old nice knew that.

I deleted the silliness you spammed. 

When you have anything intelligent to say on the topic, I'll be here for you, but you know I don't do spam, and certainly not militant sophomoric spam.

Have a nice day Stephen. I hope conditions in England improve for you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Silly little boy, you.

I hope conditions in England improve for you.

So do I but I know they won't while there are cowards such as you on the planet. Did you here what two of your countries Muslim congress women had to say lately?

Rashida Tlaib: 'I Hope You Realize Just the Opportunity Here That Allah Has Given Us to Show the Power of Muslims in Georgia’

“I want people to be like, oh my God, I didn’t even know Muslims are in Georgia,” she said. “Exactly! Because we’re going to show them in droves of numbers.”
“I want to, mash’allah [what Allah has willed] be able to say, ‘Look at the voting in these precincts and guess what? It was the Muslim vote that delivered Georgia,’ ” Tlaib said.

Ilhan Omar said Muslim voters in Georgia had played a big part in delivering the result on November 3 that necessitated the runoff, and voiced the hope that the same would apply on January 5.
“I do hope that when the election is decided on January 5, and people are able to analyze who came out and voted, we will hear that the Muslims in Georgia were a big part of making the right decision in this historic election,” she said.

“You,the Muslim community in Georgia, by yourselves, can literally swing this entire election and send two Democrats to the U.S. Senate, which makes Kamala Harris the deciding vote,” she said. “And you can actually alleviate harm and suffering on millions of immigrants in this country, particularly on the issue of immigration reform.”
“Let history be made, and let the story be told: On January 5, 2021, it is the Muslim American community, the votes from the Muslim American-community in Georgia, that literally helped us win back that Senate and put us back on the path towards winning justice for our community,” Sarsour said.

Do not cave into this shite and stand up and at defend your faith if not your country. My country is falling fast to Islam with the help of those we have In power.

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
If the lack of peace was only between man and man, then you might be onto something dear Stephen.  Yet the lack of peace is not primarily humanity verses humanity. It is between God and Man. 

Hence, to attempt to find a response to Jesus' words without taking into account the lack of peace between God and Man is well - going to leave you as befuddled as you seem to be. 

Christ is the prince of peace because he came to reconcile Man with God. Until this reconciliation occurs, then every other notion of peace comes in second best. 

Peace is not just defined as absence of conflict - but biblical peace is absence of conflict with God. 

Understand this - and everything else becomes much more clear.