World View, sorta, finally

Author: janesix

Total: 23
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Finally I am beginning to feel I have to me sort of world view, structure to feel about the world. It's been over a decade without one. Try it, it completely sucks not knowing anything. It's good to finally  have some sort of thing to believe in.

I have mixed feelings about being some cell in a giant universal organism, but it is what it is. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
I would suggest that the majority of people go through their lives without ever considering a "world view".

For most people everything "is what it is" without consideration.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
They usually refer to themselves as "free thinkers" and "having no beliefs".
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
I would suggest that free thinkers are probably those more likely to consider a world view.

But I would agree that free thinkers are less likely to conform with an archaic belief system....That's herd mentality.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
My "they" referred to your "majority of people who go through their lives without ever considering a "world view". The call themselves "free thinkers". They aren't free thinkers.

But I would agree that free thinkers are less likely to conform with an archaic belief system....That's herd mentality.
The so called "free thinkers" have become the herd.
They all have tattoos
They all vote democratic
They all are pro abortion
They all worship scientists
They all love homosexuals
They all hate God (but deny it)
They all hate America(with your herd its England)
They all want more immigration

But they are ever ready to bleat about how wrong you are with the exact same democratic talking points.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
PARANOIA...Defo.

And in no particular order

Have you never seen a tattooed right wing thug.

And you worship the pseudo science of the bible.

And love is a metaphor and sex is sex.

And we are all descended from migrants

And I metaphorically love the U.K.

And abortion is currently a legally permissible procedure...Just like bombing the f**k out of Jonny Foreigner.

And are you admitting that you do not think freely?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Have you never seen a tattooed right wing thug.
I have. I've also seen a man born with one leg too, but I certainly don't mistake that for the norm, or think that exception breaks the rule.

And you worship the pseudo science of the bible.
Science is a creation of man. I worship His Excellent Omnipotence, King Jesus Christ, despite your opinion to the contrary.

And love is a metaphor and sex is sex.
These are your experiences. Your life must be poor in depth.

And we are all descended from migrants
That has no baring on our debate or is a reason to allow backward peasant goatherds into the country by the thousands.

And I metaphorically love the U.K.
Were you for or against Brexit? I rest my case.

And abortion is currently a legally permissible procedure...Just like bombing the f**k out of Jonny Foreigner.
Slavery was once a legally permissible procedure. We are agreeing here Zed.

And are you admitting that you do not think freely?
Of course. I'm not sheep in a herd bleating that I'm unique as I am indistinguishable from all the other tattooed, democratic sheep. I think correctly. My thinking is subject to His Royal Majesty, King Jesus Christ. The freedom in Him is greater than any so called "free thinker" knows.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
They all have tattoos
Wrong!!!  never had one and never would.  In my opinion we collect scares going through life without inflicting them on ourselves.

They all vote democratic

You could neve support that stupid &  illiterate claim.

They all are pro abortion

Another claim you could never support.  You doing well so far.

They all worship scientists

I know a few and I can tell you that I do not worship them and you cannot prove  that I do. So another stupid throw away claim.

They all love homosexuals.

I am indifferent, what someone chooses to do behind their  own curtains is nothing to do with me.  I only  vaguely know two lesbians and they are very pleasant.  

I do hate your particular god. And  your god has given me a book full of reasons to do so. Would you like a short list or a long one.

I love American and many Americans. I have lost count of the times I have been there.   I have visited all of the mainland states. Seen Elvis  Bob Dylan and Springsteen. Was taken to hospital and missed the  Ali V  Frazier in 1974. And myself and one of my sons were in New York the night Trump was elected and I went out with some lovely American girls.    And I love my own country England although it is being turned into a complete and utter shithole by mass immigration from Africa and the middle eastern shitholes  that are bringing with them a culture and a FKN RELGION!!!! that is completely  alien and incompatible with the west and my own English society. Just yesterday we had what appears to be another terror attack and another Pakinstani Muslim rape gang arrested and in custody .

So you wrong again. You are doing well aren't you? 

You must be fkn kidding me!  I  personally don't know of a single person in my country that does  want more African and middle eastern rapist, murderers, terrorists and absolute bastards  in my country that have made it more than clear they want all non believers dead unless we convert to another RELIGION!!!!

0 /8  didn't you well. 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@zedvictor4
I like "knowing how things are". I was pretty happy as an atheist, but I guess ignorance is bliss.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
First, your timeline seems a little off with Elvis and the Ali fight cause that would make you how old now? But that's another story.

You seem to think that if you don't have tattoos, then I'm wrong. If you can't understand why your personal, individual situation is irrelevant, you won't understand the argument. But that is usual for you. So let's take a look....

They all have tattoos - 
never had one and never would. 
So you say. 0/8

They all vote democratic - 
You could neve support that stupid &  illiterate claim
You aren't eligible to vote. 1/8

They all are pro abortion - 
Another claim you could never support. 
But you don't say whether YOU support it. 2/8

They all worship scientists - 
I know a few.... you cannot prove  that I do.
Do you know all? 

I do not worship them and you cannot prove  that I do. 
I'm not talking about YOU Stephen. 3/8

They all love homosexuals

I am indifferent,...
That will qualify. 4/8

I do hate your particular god.
5/8

I love my own country England although it is being turned into a complete and utter shithole by mass immigration from Africa and the middle eastern shitholes  that are bringing with them a culture and a FKN RELGION!!!! 
Yeah. You sound like you love it to death. 6/8

I  personally don't know of a single person in my country that does  want more
And yet they keep coming in. Obviously there are some people you don't know?

....African and middle eastern rapist, murderers, terrorists and absolute bastards  in my country
I never said African and middle eastern immigrants, I said "more immigration". That can be from anywhere. So obviously you don't mind immigration from countries you did not mention. 7/8

You are doing well aren't you? 
7/8 and you aren't even American. That's pretty good.

But they are ever ready to bleat about how wrong you are...
Wrong!!!
You could neve support that stupid &  illiterate claim.
Another claim you could never support. 
So another stupid throw away claim.
...with the exact same democratic talking points.
I only  vaguely know two lesbians and they are very pleasant. 
your god has given me a book full of reasons to do so. 
(with your herd its England)
Welcome to the English herd Dolly. Baaa for the good people.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@janesix
I have mixed feelings about being some cell in a giant universal organism, but it is what it is. 
If you no the true god then your not worrying about being the pinprick on the but of the elephant your just looking at the sky at night then thinking it is all being beautiful then you go to sleeping and your not thinking about everything else. 
Stephen
Stephen
First, your timeline seems a little off with Elvis and the Ali fight
  Madison Square Garden 74 Ali  (missed the fight because I was hospitalised, Ali won . I seen Elvis 4 times  Mid-South Coliseum Memphis 74 afternoon and evening shows. Lake Taho 1976 and  Pittsburgh new years eve 1976.   And you cannot prove otherwise AGAIN. 

The rest of your replies are absolute crap and poor attempts at recovering some ground and saving face. You made claims you cannot possibly prove  and now you scraping for answers for the fkn sake of it.   Not to mention derailing someone else's thread with shite.   Your a joker. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
But...I would suggest and in no particular order.

You are bleating the Republican and Christian message.

And you've never seen a man born with one leg...That would be an exception to the rule....LOL....Think about it....His poor Mum.

And religion isn't a creation of man?

And semantics is semantics and therefore as I see it love is a metaphor and sex is sex.

And as an exception to my normal rule, I did in fact vote against Brexit...But I would rather that those in charge would just get on with it now. It won't stop my enjoyment of the Tour de France.

And sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't, that's the fun of it....Debateart would be boring otherwise.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
That's just it.....Things are as they are and accepting that is just as good as accepting the assumption of a GOD.

Happiness is found in contentment, and is not necessarily found in an archaic creation hypothesis.

Because some people have been programmed to accept a GOD, and some people have not.....That's only the real difference between Theism and Atheism.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
 I was pretty happy as an atheist, but I guess ignorance is bliss.

It is for many.   My brother for example. He  for most of his life may as well have been on his own planet. There isn't much that fazes him and he always appears oblivious to everything, even his own children at times ( he once asked me  did HIS daughter (my niece) have a boy or a girl ). And I do envy his ignorant bliss at times too.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
My reply was not about you Stephen. You aren't even american and cannot legally vote.

All the facts on Elvis shows and the Ali fight are online. If you left England to see the Ali fight, how old were you? Hmmm?

Your a joker. 
Yes. And you're the joke.

ethang5
ethang5
You are bleating the Republican and Christian message.
There is no Republican Christian message. Let me show you with a recent development. Three of Trumps appointed Supreme court justices just rejected the Texas suit favoring Trump. Do you think liberal justices could do that? No. They would all vote in lock step with the herd.

And religion isn't a creation of man?
Your opinion is not fact, liberal. I know it really seems that way to you, but really.

And semantics is semantics and therefore as I see it love is a metaphor and sex is sex.
OK. Not everyone can have a deep and fulfilling life.

And as an exception to my normal rule, I did in fact vote against Brexit
Do you think you had to tell us that?

...But I would rather that those in charge would just get on with it now. It won't stop my enjoyment of the Tour de France.
Now that the herd is lying down beside the still waters, the defense rests.

And sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't, that's the fun of it....Debateart would be boring otherwise.
Debateart would be boring without me. Have you seen some of the other boards? Zzzzzzz.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
You aren't even american and cannot legally vote.
I am in England and you included England. 

All the facts on Elvis shows and the Ali fight are online.
So? Good. 

If you left England to see the Ali fight, how old were you? Hmmm?

None of your business. But I will be 66 in a few months.

NOW STOP DERAILING ANOTHER THREAD THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You aren't even american and cannot legally vote.
Yes. I said you hate England. Here is what you said about England, "And I love my own country England although it is being turned into a complete and utter shithole..."

All the facts on Elvis shows and the Ali fight are online.
So? Good. 
So the fact that you can recite them doesn't prove you were there.

If you left England to see the Ali fight, how old were you? Hmmm?

None of your business. But I will be 66 in a few months.
So you flew from England to America at 20 to see an Ali fight that had almost impossible to get tickets that were very expensive? Ok.

NOW STOP DERAILING ANOTHER THREAD THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You aren't ranting right? It makes no sense to engage me and then claim I'm derailing the thread Stephen. Do you think the mods will become confused?

In this thread, You approached me in post #8. Stop being stupid.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Yes. I said you hate England. Here is what you said about England, "And I love my own country England although it is being turned into a complete and utter shithole..."

You must have missed the words  "I LOVE"  in that sentence but in your mind though it reads as "hate"., no fkn surprises there them. Can you see the word hate above? NO!  of course you can't.  But I do mention hate when it came to your god and offered  to show you a book full of reasons why. You didn't accept and I can't blame you.   

All the facts on Elvis shows and the Ali fight are online.So? Good. 
So the fact that you can recite them doesn't prove you were there.

Oh but I was , And you cannot prove otherwise.  And I came away absolutely stunned at the sound and range of the man's incredible voice.  He was a GOD with all caps.

In this thread, You approached me in post #8. 

Correct I addressed your comments. And you addressed my  comment concerning my love for American , Americans and my own country England. That is where it ended for me but you went on some sort of ranting inquisition  that is all unrelated to this thread, someone else's thread on which  you are intent on creating an argument with me.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You didn't accept and I can't blame you.  
You don't even know how one becomes a Christian. What are you going to show me? Your cluelessness? No thanks.

And you cannot prove otherwise.
Why would I want to?

That is where it ended for me....
And I came away absolutely stunned at the sound and range of the man's incredible voice.  He was a GOD with all caps.
Are you sure that's where it all ended for you?

Look. Go talk to Jane, thus is her thread. You really have nothing to say. To me or otherwise.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
You didn't accept my offer to shown you why I hate your got with either a short or long list of reasons  and I can't blame you.  
You don't even know how one becomes a Christian.

That is why I started a thread about the matter. Here https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5301-how-does-one-become-a-christian?page=1 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You didn't accept my offer to shown you why I hate your got with either a short or long list of reasons  and I can't blame you.
You don't even know how one becomes a Christian. What are you going to show me? Your cluelessness? No thanks.

That is why I started a thread about the matter.
Your thread and your spelling proved you couldn't "shown" us anything.