Would you rather

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 62
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Would you rather shoot a starving African kid and give them the easy way out(assuming you could get away with it)  or do nothing and let them die of starvation (which is more painful than a shot in the back of the head).

You aren’t allowed in this would you rather to feed them, as people just don’t do that.

It is because of this that I would shoot them in the back of the head; to end their suffering.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@TheUnderdog
Shoot em. 

Would you rather have to fight 10 angry geese or 100 pillsbury doughboys?

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
10 angry geese
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Sum1hugme
I don’t know what either of those are.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@TheUnderdog
@Theweakeredge
Would you rather have to eat an entire shower drain hair taco, or an entire droolsicle.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Sum1hugme
???
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
droolsicle for sure
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@TheUnderdog
@Theweakeredge
A friend of mine ate a ball of shower drain hair once for $50. 

Would you rather have to take a paper cut on the eyeball or five between your toes.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
five between toes
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Sum1hugme
Would you rather have to fight 10 angry geese or 100 pillsbury doughboys?

lol, fighting 100 doughboys might be fun actually. When I punch em in the belly, do they go "oo hoo"...?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don’t know what either of those are.

LMAO

Jarrett_Ludolph
Debates: 4
Jarrett_Ludolph
-->
@TheUnderdog
@Sum1hugme
TheUnderdog:
I would rather not shoot them, because even though they would be suffering, life is better then not being alive
Sum1hugme:
I would rather fight 100  pillsbury doughboys, because they are very small and weak, therefore easer to defend my self against. Plus geese fly and  pillsbury doughboys don't, so I could just climb up a ladder and be safe.

Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@EtrnlVw
@Jarrett_Ludolph
@Theweakeredge
In the first grade, we would put germ-x in our paper cuts to see who was the toughest.

Would you rather have to bathe in a tub of cockroaches or a tub of wolf spiders?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
Cockroaches, Wolf Spider bites aren't poisonous to humans, but they can make you mildly uncomfortable. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@TheUnderdog
Would you rather shoot a starving African kid and give them the easy way out(assuming you could get away with it)  or do nothing and let them die of starvation (which is more painful than a shot in the back of the head).
You aren’t allowed in this would you rather to feed them, as people just don’t do that.
It is because of this that I would shoot them in the back of the head; to end their suffering.
Notice that the African kid himself gets no say in the matter? And no one noticed it. That, boys and girls, is latent racism masquerading as mercy.

Let's all hope you never become president where you could bomb all those poor wretched African souls to death to "end" their suffering. With enough bombs, we could end suffering!
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
That.... is a fair point. But, I also feel there is a pretty obvious third option.... if you have access to kill them, wouldn't you also have access to just.... feed the African children? I feel like that's a pretty obvious point though.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
"Life is better than not being alive2"....Do you have evidence to substantiate this claim?

Sounds like an assumption to me.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
U.S. Presidents have been bombing "Poor Wretched Souls" for years......What's new.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
You're right of course, but underdog didn't give us that option.

While I was kinda blunt, a similar thing happens in real life all the time. People, thinking they are helping the poor or disenfranchised, never even consider what they actually want. Because racism can cause a person to respond in 2 general ways, the stereotypical way, "He's black therefore inferior, I hate him, I will use/abuse him" or the more subtle way, "He's black therefore inferior, I have to help him, I will fix him"  The bottom line is that while the 2nd response looks like care from a distance, both responses require the person to think blacks are inferior. And racism is not in your response, but in your initial belief that triggers the response. Both responses are racist because both think of blacks as inferior.

I lived in Africa for a while and got to see it happen as a white bystander. It was an education because I had been the same way myself.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Well, I do believe that the obvious, "We should help those with less than ourselves" but I also agree that yes, sterotyping people as poor or such thing on race is inherently racist. And presuming that there is only two options is fallacious. It is true, especially in the US, that black people were oppressed to the point that they are screaming out for change and asking for help all the same, so I help out at least. There is also such a thing as a white knight, but there are people who simply want to help an oppressed minority, as they are by definition, oppressed. 

The take away is, on the surface, yes I agree, but there is further nuance to consider.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
U.S. Presidents have been bombing "Poor Wretched Souls" for years......What's new.
Only 2 things...
1. That some liberals think it's US Presidents when it's been mostly leftist radicals and Muslims bombing poor wretched souls for most of history. And

2. That anyone could think that the proper response to this claim, if true, was ennui.

I see you think as highly of the US as Stephen thinks of England. But you aren't liberal right? You just agree with them right down to thinking all the evil in the world is from America.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
I did not mean to imply that all whites are racists. I'm not. Some simply want to help and do not think the minority is inferior.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Mmhm, I would agree with you in general, just thought some nuances may be good to show
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheUnderdog

It shows what a sorry state it all is when it all eventually boils down to questions like this. 

Africa has more aid (£££££££'s) thrown at it , than any place in the world since I can remember. Nothing much has changed the living quality of Africans.

Every day we here in  England have our TV screens bombarded with pleas for donations for mainly Africa . And has been that way since I was a child ( am am almost 66 now)  For years we have  seen he same girl walking for miles water. The same fisherman with a broken net. The same child with fly's swarming around her eyes while she wipes her poor runny snotty nose with her hand. You name it they have thought about all the ways of playing on the conscience of the west. 

I am not a selfish person  but I have had enough of having every other commercial directed at my conscience when I have witnessed for myself  black people  not giving two fks about other black people , even in these dire circumstances.

One example would be Live Aid UK 1985. I attended that concert for Africa. And I come away feeling stolen from. Why?  Because to my memory, I seen only one black artist on the stage perform a  3 song set .  I had a view that over looked the stadium and can't remember seeing one black face in the crowd, that had turned out to support their starving black brothers and sister dying in Africa.

There are even ungrateful black MP's & celebrities here in the UK  demanding that white aid workers and celebrities stop going to Africa and "playing at being white saviours" !!! FFS  Whitey cannot do right for doing wrong!!!  

The Free Mandela concert a few years later in contrast was a different story entirely . Well it would be wouldn't it .  That concert was  all to do with nasty whitey locking up a black terrorist for years.

And no,  I wouldn't go to African to shoot a black person in the head. I wouldn't want to be called a  "white saviour" for the wrong reasons.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Let's all hope you never become president where you could bomb all those poor wretched African souls to death to "end" their suffering. With enough bombs, we could end suffering!

Like  "the lord" did to Five cities in Mesopotamia killing 1.5 million souls.

I see you think as highly of the US as Stephen thinks of England

I love America. I love my country England too. England unfortunately though is being over run and turned into a complete shithole by people - mainly males - from  Africa and the middle east. Don't let you lovely country become like mine.  We have cowards in parliament here that won't say BOO!! to Islam and are silent on ILLEGAL immigration  . And your  government is on the way to becoming the same in my opinion.  
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Sum1hugme
In the first grade, we would put germ-x in our paper cuts to see who was the toughest.

Oh Lord, we would do the dumbest things when I was young to see who the toughest was. I still have rotator cuff problems from punching each other in the arms until they were black and blue lol. 

Would you rather have to bathe in a tub of cockroaches or a tub of wolf spiders?

Wolf spiders, cockroaches seem filthy to me! they just gross me out...

Would you rather eat a slug, or steal a bees nest for honey?

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@EtrnlVw
Eat a slug, been there done that, it wasn't so bad.
Wagyu
Debates: 9
Wagyu
shoot them? Obviously?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I love my country England...
The same one you called a shithole right? Uh huh.

"the lord" did to Five cities in Mesopotamia killing 1.5 million souls.
Eze 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it shall die.

The difference is authority junior.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
I just think that expecting the rest of the World to be exactly as we want it to be, is unreasonable.