Do you have your Covid-19 Immunity Passport?

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 13
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Do you have your Covid-19 Immunity Passport? Well, do you? 

Are you one of the progressive elites who will soon demand that we each have one in order to be an acceptable member of society? Elite society? A society able to move about in society, travel, hob-nob, eat indoors in restaurants in NYC, party... and whatnot? Do I hear whispered echoes of a similar "passport" from 30 years ago when you were worried about AIDS in a sexual frenzy that suddenly went cold turkey until you had proof of clearance from that plague? What do you want to bet that some elites in the 15th century had such "passports" to prove immunity from the Black Plague?

Yup. I hear your elite passport scanning apps on your smartphones coming down the pipe; lighting you up like Christmas trees.

So, why are you same people so averse to having proof [a "passport"] for voter i.d.? Hmmmm?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
Do I hear whispered echoes of a similar "passport" from 30 years ago when you were worried about AIDS in a sexual frenzy that suddenly went cold turkey until you had proof of clearance from that plague?
  • There's no such thing as immunity to AIDS.
  • What immunity passport from 1990 was demanded by Progressives? 
  • What event specifically are you refering to?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
  • There's no such thing as immunity to AIDS.
  • What immunity passport from 1990 was demanded by Progressives?  
  • What event specifically are you refering to?
Yes, but everyone seemed satisfied with a negative test result, in spite of the fact that the test may not have been as current, or as accurate as needed to assure the test result still held. It was, in effect, an admitted immunity; i.e., one claimed to be free of AIDS, ergo be the hungered creature in the sheets

The said AIDS test negative result.

Did I mention an 'event?' Show me the word in my post; I'll tell you what event to which I don't refer.

But, the question remains: what of voter i.d. if a Covid passport is so appealing, and why isn't that [voter i.d.] an event worth having?

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Do I hear whispered echoes of a similar "passport" from 30 years ago when you were worried about AIDS in a sexual frenzy that suddenly went cold turkey until you had proof of clearance from that plague? What do you want to bet that some elites in the 15th century had such "passports" to prove immunity from the Black Plague?
Neither of these existed, nor will there be any sort of "COVID" passport.

Yup. I hear your elite passport scanning apps on your smartphones coming down the pipe; lighting you up like Christmas trees.

So, why are you same people so averse to having proof [a "passport"] for voter i.d.? Hmmmm?
Wait, so you invented 3 different fictitious passports as support for voter suppression? That's a bit of a weird pivot. Why is this in "Science and Nature"?
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
So..... both point out that not only do these things not exist, but that you have no evidence that they do, but in reality, you were just trying to undermine voting....... Yet the impeachment trials were an "offence to democracy" and all that... Give me a break.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
Neither of these existed, nor will there be any sort of "COVID" passport.
Funny, coming from a ten-year-old at the time. 1M people still have HIV/AIDS today. 700K have died. By the time you were 10, the U.S. had travel restrictions prohibiting people with AiDS from coming here. How do you think we knew how to distinguish? For men in your age group, AIDS was the leading cause of death. And you're certain in the 15th century, nobles didn't segregate themselves? Do a little research, Draft. I invented nothing.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Funny, coming from a ten-year-old at the time.
What does my age at the time have to do with anything?

1M people still have HIV/AIDS today. 700K have died. By the time you were 10, the U.S. had travel restrictions prohibiting people with AiDS from coming here.
Certainly it did, but you are talking about a passport or other documentation to "move about in society, travel, hob-nob, eat indoors in restaurants in NYC, party... and whatnot?" No such thing existed for HIV/AIDs.

How do you think we knew how to distinguish? For men in your age group, AIDS was the leading cause of death. And you're certain in the 15th century, nobles didn't segregate themselves? Do a little research, Draft. I invented nothing.
You started the question with "What do you want to bet" which implies you guessing. That is, you made up the concept you think existed, but have no evidence for it. So whether or not such a thing actually existed, in the context of the conversation it's something you just thought of, rather than derived from some sort of evidence.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge

AIDS did not cause social separation, and the like?

https://clas.ucdenver.edu/nhdc/sites/default/files/attached-files/entry_147.pdfNote the commentary from citation [15] relative to the royals, nobles, and peasants, and then tell me that more careful segregation did not occur. And, while you're at it,  you might note from whence came the plague to Europe to initiate the Black Plague, in citation [10]. History repeats when we ignore it.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
Age? Too young to know what's going on.

Check the citation I gave to Edge, look at both of them

Relative to betting, there's knowledge and there's ignorance. I play cards,  but I rarely gamble because I can count cards, and not only know what I hold, but can pretty well guess what's in others' hands. It's cheating, so I don't do it when betting money, but I am [was] a professional statistician  - a Six Sigma Black Belt. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
We are speaking of passports because of the immunity of diseases.... Not whatever you're blabbering on about.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@drafterman
DId you mean to reply to me as such? Because I don't agree with Fauxlaw here, nor ever insinuated I did.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Theweakeredge
I hit the wrong reply button
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Age? Too young to know what's going on.
What are you blathering about? Are you suggesting that, because I was young during a time period that it is impossible for me to know or have learned anything about that time period?

Check the citation I gave to Edge, look at both of them
Neither of them involve any sort of anti-AIDS documentation that people were required to have to travel and and attend parties.

Relative to betting, there's knowledge and there's ignorance. I play cards,  but I rarely gamble because I can count cards, and not only know what I hold, but can pretty well guess what's in others' hands. It's cheating, so I don't do it when betting money, but I am [was] a professional statistician  - a Six Sigma Black Belt. 
As someone that actually does gamble from time to time on cards, none of that makes a any sense. It is a string of words strung together in a meaningless fashion.