Women when they get beaten

Author: Utanity

Total: 29
Utanity
Debates: 0
Utanity
When the women get beaten up its bad but is it because of the mens fault because when a man beats up his wife for instants it is usually because she was playing up or getting real nasty so shouldnt she be taking blame. Maybe if the wife doesnt play up or get nasty then she wont get beaten up.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Bruh.

MisterChris
MisterChris
OK, look, there is a conversation to be had about investigating why domestic disputes start and what leads up to acts of violence within them. It's also true that in many cases there is verbal and emotional abuse going both ways, slowly escalating until it leads to a crescendo of violence from, typically, the male partner. 

Ignoring your comments about women in general, blanketly telling the female victims of the physical domestic violence "it's your fault for being a piece of shit" is indescribably horrible because it destroys any examination of nuance. If the woman is indeed a piece of shit and she instigates, is the man not equally or even more so at fault for resorting to savagery? And in many cases, the woman did not instigate, and they are definitely not pieces of shit. You are telling those victims that they are at fault for a traumatic experience they did not have part in creating.

Truth is, domestic violence happens when someone loses control. While of course there are "fighting words," the person who starts swinging is responsible for their actions just as much as the person who says the "fighting words."

Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
I don't believe women actually get beaten. I think they're lying. You can't trust anything they say. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
0_o it's a conspiracy!@! Wo men dn't realy exist!!! yu cn't prove theu do!!

14 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Hitting anyone is a crime whether it's a man and woman or the same sex. It's not appropriate, period.  
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
To justify any form of physical abuse shows me a lot about your character. I wouldn't trust you around my kids
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Abuse is just a conspiracy theory made up by Alex Jones so that the Japanese can sympathize with Americans so they can create IRL waifus
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
The subject of men hitting women will always be a, for lack of a better term, "touchy" matter, much in the same way as it concerns adults and children. I've been in altercations involving female parties and my first response in the advent of physical initiation is to restrain, not to hit back. (Though, I take no issue with a male fighting back if aggression was initiated against him, the sex of the initiator notwithstanding.) With that said, I for the most part agree with MisterChris.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Danielle
I don't believe women actually get beaten. I think they're lying. You can't trust anything they say. 
You are a woman, so I can't trust you, so I can't trust "You can't trust anything they say", meaning it is OK for me to trust you, meaning I cannot trust you, meaning I can trust you...

That is a paradox.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull

Hey Maybe a large number of battered women could be like ummmmmm.
Don't say it Deb.  
Don't say it. 

Hey maybe a large number of battered women may in fact be. 
bad judges of character.  

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Bad judges of character? Can we not pawn off the responsibility of the action and actually look at the facts here - you have presented zero data that would indicate that the majority of woman are beaten because of x or y reason, while domestic disputes are a common tactic, no one is able to predict what a person may or may not do while angry, and that is the center of sexist rhetoric.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yeah but. 

But. 
But. 

I reckon , I could tell if a bloke is like ummmmm, Bad.  ( within reason. ) 
No that doesn't sound right. 
And Right you are. 

I just that i keep picturing a big burly biker bloke with tatts, standing next to a computer nerd looking bloke with a pocket protector and coke bottle glasses. 
I don't know. 

13 days later

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Hitting anyone is a crime whether it's a man and woman or the same sex. It's not appropriate, period.  
Your quite right their and its all about equality to because it is a crime to diss your man like burning the dinner which makes him do the hitting anyway. It is ok for they gays though because all their doing is slapping on the face.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Utanity
Naked, barefoot and in the kitchen, hey Mikey.

And I think that "gays" get up to all sorts of  things.

43 days later

Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@MisterChris
until it leads to a crescendo of violence from, typically, the male partner. 

Why is thisyth so pervasive. The reason men are more prevalently prosecuted for this is due to a combination of bias and the fact their hits do more damage. 

There are a reason that the lowest rates of domestic violence are among male homosexual relationships and the highest rate is in lesbian relationships when you rely on surveys instead of police reports. Women quite frankly hit more. 

I have probably had 20 girlfriends my adult life and all of them had hit me. I even seen a picture of Barack Obama at one of his children's sporting games when he was on the campaign trail and Michelle hit him and it was laughed at and used to show they are a normal couple. 

Women hit more often and there is usually nothing done about it. Not only that it is perceived as normal. Don't believe me get a girlfriend, say she looks fat in the clothes she is wearing and she will hit you. She will slap you and when you tell the story to your friends they will excuse the behavior by saying you shouldn't have said her pants made her look more fat.

Women hit because they are more naturally ruled by their emotions and there is also no consequence for their behavior. A man hits a woman and everybody she knows wants the guy dead and often they take action. Don't believe me, go hit my sister and see if you survive.

Meanwhile if a woman hits a man, the man is usually still blamed or the action is downplayed. 

Women are more like to be the abusive partner in relationships. 

Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@Danielle
Correct, my wife just falls down the stairs a lot when my dinner is burnt.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Ya’ll should see how bad it is in India

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If I slap someone, they are hurt for 30 seconds.  Somehow, if I do that, I end up in jail for 3 months.  I think that is cruel and unusual punishment.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheUnderdog
If I slap someone, they are hurt for 30 seconds.  Somehow, if I do that, I end up in jail for 3 months.  I think that is cruel and unusual punishment.
You have no right to slap anyone.  And if you are getting three months you are not a first time offender. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think the punishment for assault is way too strict though.  Maybe make it a few days in prison if the victim recovers in 30 seconds.

Assault Penalties, Punishments, and Sentences (freeadvice.com) states the current penalty is up to a year.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I think the punishment for assault is way too strict though.  Maybe make it a few days in prison if the victim recovers in 30 seconds.

Assault Penalties, Punishments, and Sentences (freeadvice.com) states the current penalty is up to a year.
Most courts take that into consideration. If you smack someone and have no real record you will probably get probation or 30 days. If they have an  injury but not a serious one you might get the year. Domestic Violence which is what is being addressed here you could have a protective order for months and no guns forever. There are definitely disconnects. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Utanity
No. I've been accused of excusing men who harass women, let alone beat them, but accusers completely miss my argument. Women do some pretty dumb things that appear to invite the abuse, but men are dumber for acting on impulse against them. I say both sides need to back up and reconsider their approach to the sex war. First, it shouldn't be a war. Men are no bet3er than women, and vice versa. They are simply different, and its that difference that causes many to see a divide. 

41 days later

Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets
-->
@Utanity
Violence should always be the last option regardless of whether the person is a male or female and before using violence against anyone a number of criteria need to have been met. 
Remember, it does not matter who said the first thing. We cannot always say the right thing at all times. But from the moment someone has taken offence and a disturbance has ensued "you" need to have been seen to attempt to de-escalate the situation by being apologetic and assuming a non aggressive posture and remaining calm. 
In the instance that this has not de-escalated the situation it would be advisable to have been seen to try and walk away and been followed. It would also be advisable that you have been seen to ask the person politely to stop following you. It would also definitely be advisable that you have been seen to be the first to be assaulted. Once you have been seen to do all this you have now met the criteria for not only using self defence, but making a citizens arrest and holding the person until police arrive to charge the person with breach of the peace.
Unless you have met all the above criteria, your actions were unwarranted regardless of the persons sexual identity, political opinion, religious opinion or other.
Also when using self defence you usually do not begin plummelling your opponent, but don't be affraid to be heard to announce that you are frightened, and warn them that should they try to get back up you will need to acquire more force to keep them down should they resist, beacuse you are frightened of them. Also you can try de-escalating the situation even more by not being frightened to tell them the reason I am frightened of you is because you are harder than me. This will make it easier for them to back down without having to save face.
But nine times out of ten if you followed the first rule of remaining calm and de-escalating the situation with a nice smile and non aggressive posture, the fight will not ensue anyway and your opponent will also usually calm down and be quite thankful that they are not in a fighting situation, as nobody deep down enjoys the risk of getting hurt.
But a woman being nasty and vindictive alone does not warrant being hit. You do have the option to exercise your rights to cut your emotional attachment to the person and simply have nothing more to do with her. Hitting her is going to solve nothing.

8 days later

Matthew_18
Matthew_18
-->
@fauxlaw
I think it important to remember that if we adhere to traditional values women will realize their place in society and behave appropriately. Also, may people confuse the word "beating" with "iron rod" which has always been acceptable for men to use when controlling the spurious impulses of women.
Benjamin
Debates: 89
Benjamin
-->
@MisterChris
Women DO exist.

TicToc is awesome. Not only does it entertain kids too lazy to watch quality videos on youtube, but it also creates an opportunity for women to use violence for a change. LOL.
Benjamin
Debates: 89
Benjamin
-->
@Artisant_1
No.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Physical abuse and reprimand is an inherent and perhaps inherited modus operandi....Supposedly outdated....But seemingly unoutdateable.

Depending upon context, we are all, both enthralled by aggression and it's consequences, or appalled by it.

Our interpretations and opinions thereof,  can therefore have a tendency to be contradictory.

45 days later

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@David
This is another unacceptable ban. Nobody even gives him a chance to provide a premise for his views. This user is likely referring to some form of domestic discipline and not talking about targeting women for violence.  Domestic discipline is common for certain groups of Muslims and Christians, and in fact banning somebody for having positive views towards it, is not only counterproductive. But possibly even bigoted. 

If you disagree with him, challenge him to a debate and prove domestic discipline is unethical or abusive. Don't ban him because you want to take your advocacy here, instead of doing your job and being a neutral 3rd party.