XMAS 2020 Mafia - Day Phase 1

Author: Danielle

Read-only
Total: 524
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Rules and some mod notes: 

Standard rules apply. No editing or deleting posts, no copy and pasting roles, and no outside communication from non mod created messages with other players in the game. Flips will occur the following day phase, but I will acknowledge there is NO TAILOR in this game. 

Please ask me any questions in your private role PMs. I will not answer most questions publicly in the day phase. This is to avoid giving any potential game breaking information. I generally won’t answer questions about how the roles work mechanically, unless that role is already flipped and in the graveyard. I do this just to play on the safe side as a mod -- believe it or not sometimes even answering small questions can really screw over a scum team and it’s not fair to them. I will try to be consistent and as fair as possible while using my discretion about how to answer. 

As far as roles go, your understanding of how a role works might not be the same as mine. I utilize role descriptions from all different sites, and sometimes I just take inspiration from the role and add my own tweaks to it. Sometimes I completely make roles up as an experiment as well. Sometimes my modding mechanics are not the same from game to game, i.e.  if X-shot roles keep their abilities on being role blocked or not. 

I will also not explicitly say if a player has been role blocked; I may utilize different phrasing if a night action does not go through. It all depends on the game. Everything is on the table, and I mod each game separately according to the specific vision I have for it. In this game I'm choosing to be pretty vague. If there are any questions on how a role role works that isn’t in the graveyard, I will refer you to this OP to make things simple. 

All roles in this game were randomly assigned. Please do not try to analyze role PM structure or the timing of when you think someone is online or on Discord. I will not ban these kind of frivolous discussions, but I'm warning you that I may try to play games so consider this at your own risk :)  I also gave scum options of fake character + role claims in this game, but you are welcome to focus on theme analysis if you wish. Good luck everyone! 

LIVING

01 Speedrace 
02 whiteflame
03 Supa
04 Lunatic
05 oromagi 
06 drafterman 
07 that1user 
08 Pie 
09 LikeMagic 
10 Bullish 
11 WaterPhoenix
12 MisterChris 

As we begin the game oromagi is the Innocent Child. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day Phase 1  will end on Tuesday, 12/22/2020 at 4:30 pm EST unless otherwise noted in advance. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
@whiteflame
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Christmas cannot be cancelled! Town needs to come together to save the best holiday of the year. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Sup ya'll
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Bullish
@ILikePie5
@That1User
@MisterChris
@LikeMagic
Christmas cannot be cancelled! Town needs to come together to save the best holiday of the year. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
@oromagi
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Yall will think im silly for asking this but...

@Danielle

Despite what the OP says, Is there a tailor is in this game?
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
I don't want 11 other PMs asking me so I will reiterate there is no Tailor or ability to Tailor a role in this game :) 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Okay cool. I was suspicious because the OP randomly focused on there not being a Tailor, plus the OP was copy and pasted from my stormlight archive OP, so I thought mafia had some OP messing type of tailor since it was changed slightly in certain areas lol.

Let's cross that conspiracy off the list.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
I don't want 11 other PMs asking me so I will reiterate there is no Tailor or ability to Tailor a role in this game :) 
Wait... "A role". Is there an ability that can tamper with OP's?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Hey everyone! As the resident (only?) Jew in this game, I am appalled that I did not get a Hanukkah-related role. Must've gone to someone else...

Cool, got an innocent child in oromagi. Hopefully he'll be pretty active in discussions. Also, good to know there's no tailor.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Hello all, I forgot to do some serious work so I have to go do that right now lol but I'll be back later
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Cool, got an innocent child in oromagi. Hopefully he'll be pretty active in discussions. Also, good to know there's no tailor.
Still slightly worried mafia may have some OP tampering role, but the more I think about that, the more I think it's probably silly. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Is there an ability that can tamper with OP's?
I don't know what this means, but there is no tailor in the game; there is no ability to manipulate how roles appear in the game once someone is dead. No trick, riddle, gimmick or word play -- I just want flips to be revealed the next day instead of once someone is lynched. I do this in 50% of my games. I probably won't always clarify there is no Tailor when I do it, but I just felt like doing so today :) 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WaterPhoenix
One thing to remember, is that the day phase is only 48 hours instead of 72. Given this, I think I would like to see an increase effort from waterphoenix this game, as I know he is probably most prone to inactivity in the current group.

@ water.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Sounds good, I'll dismiss the theory that someone can tamper with the OP then. If oromagi bamboozles us all in the end, I will blame bastard modding lol.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
Glad to see you playing again. I heard your availability is limited for live mafia, will this limited availability be effecting this game as well, or should I expect a decent amount of activity from you this game?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Hi all! 

Wondering what sort of prospective theme splits you could have with Christmas.

Maybe Biblical Christmas vs. Christmas Tradition? Like Jesus and the Three Wise Men vs. Santa and the gang xD

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
who's on first?

Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
Welcome Christmas, come this way!
Welcome Christmas, Christmas Day!

Welcome, welcome! Fah who rahmus!
Welcome, welcome! Dah who dahmus!
Christmas Day is in our grasp!
So long as we have hands to clasp!

Welcome Christmas! Bring your cheer!
Welcome all who's far and near!

Welcome Christmas, come this way!
Welcome Christmas, Christmas Day!

Welcome, Christmas! Fah who rahmus!
Welcome, Christmas! Dah who dahmus!
Christmas Day will always be!
Just as long as we have we!

VTG Supadudz

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
Vote to quell?
Speedrace
Speedrace
Wait that's a q not a g lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
One thing to remember, is that the day phase is only 48 hours instead of 72. Given this, I think I would like to see an increase effort from waterphoenix this game, as I know he is probably most prone to inactivity in the current group.
And Chris
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi          Cindy Lou Who     INNOCENT CHILD
TOWN
 Lunatic 
whiteflame
MisterChris 
AWoL
Supa
drafterman 
that1user 
Pie 
LikeMagic 
Bullish 
WaterPhoenix 
SCUM
Speedrace

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
Wait that's a q not a g lol
wait that's a g not a q.  G as in VOTE to GRINCH Supadudz
Speedrace
Speedrace
Oro being inno child is the most useless thing ever lol
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@oromagi
TOWN
 Lunatic 
whiteflame
MisterChris 
AWoL
Supa
drafterman 
that1user 
Pie 
LikeMagic 
Bullish 
WaterPhoenix 
SCUM
Speedrace
I approve of this list. Also, kinda want to do a Who's on first bit, given your character claim.
oromagi
oromagi
Theme is XMAS 2020 so I assume there are some contemporary references in the character list.  Speed is likely Mitch McConnell, Krampus, or Coronavirus.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
Speed is likely Mitch McConnell, Krampus, or Coronavirus.
I'm the guy who stays at home drinking because he resents everyone
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@whiteflame
Hard to get past first base, tho because everybody's who plus I think Cindy Lou is the only Who with a first name.

What's on second?
Papa who.
What?
No who.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
And Chris
I never got the impression that misterchris was super inactive, other than stormlight, but that game had 5 day phases in the span of 2 days. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Theme is XMAS 2020 so I assume there are some contemporary references in the character list.  Speed is likely Mitch McConnell, Krampus, or Coronavirus.
Mine is more 90's vibes, not sure what role 2020 has in the theme.