XMAS MAFIA - END GAME

Author: Danielle

Total: 192
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
After having enough of holiday cheer, the Grinch wanted to put an end to Christmas this year. He gave it some thought and knew just what to do -- he'd need to get himself some great partners, but who? Some people quite clever to help deceive and to trick: what about Mister Scrooge and St. Nick? The Grinch realized Chris Kringle would not help to ruin people's fun; he's a jolly old soul though has one evil son. This guy's creepy, mean, and hurts people just because. He's an anti-Semite known as Damien Clause. Damien loves Christmas but wants to take Hanukkah down, so he decided to help Grinch & Scrooge rip apart the town. These next few days will be ones to remember. Down with the major holidays in December! 

*** MAFIA WINS!!! *** 

whiteflame - You are the GRINCH. You once thought stealing gifts would stop Christmas. Now let's see how stealing votes works out. You are the VOTE THIEF. During the night phase you may steal a player's vote and cast it on another player for the following day phase. 

iLikePie - You are EBINEEZER SCROOGE. You hate Christmas so much you don't let people leave work to celebrate. During the night phase you may ROLE BLOCK a player and prevent them from carrying out any night actions.

drafterman - You are DAMIEN CLAUSE. Because you're a direct descendent of St. Nick himself, nobody thinks to pay you any mind. You also have more power than you should. During the night you can either choose to be a NINJA and bypass any Watcher or Tracker reports, or you can utilize STRONGMAN powers and bypass any protective abilities that would otherwise stop a night kill. 

Fake character claim options: Mrs. Clause, Ghost of Christmas Past/ Present/ Future, Frosty the Snowman 
Fake role claim options: Bride, Oracle, Vanilla 

GRAVEYARD

SupaDudz - cult JOAT 
Speedrace - town Vigilante 
WaterPhoenix - town Watcher
Bullish - town Vanilla

LikeMagic: You are ALVIN the CHIPMUNK. You consistently try to do the right thing, but wind up always making a mess of things. Your adopted father confuses your generosity for greed in the Christmas movie as one example. Not to mention your inability to chime in on time during the chipmunk Christmas song. Clumsy and full of bad luck, you are the misunderstood  HATED TOWNIE. It will require one less vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

=============

Town Losers...

Lunatic: You are JACK SKELLINGTON. It's true that you're the patron saint of Halloween, therefore spending most of your time with ghosts and spooky spirits. But you've grown to *love* Christmas and wish to help save it. You are the GHOUL. During the night phase you may choose another player. If you would be targeted by a killing action, that action is instead redirected to your target. You may only successfully redirect a kill once per game. You win with the town.

oromagi: You are CINDY LOU WHO. You are full of joy and have a very kind heart. You're determined to show everyone what Christmas is really all about: being a good person. You are the INNOCENT CHILD and start the game as a town aligned player, which will be revealed at the start of the game. You win with the town.

that1user: You are BOB CRATCHIT. You don't have much to give but you try to give what you can. You bring joy to the town as a Christmas CAROLER. During the game you may visit another player. That player will receive a 'carol' that contains a list of players, at least one of which is scum (you do not know how many players will be on the list). You win with the town.

MisterChris: You are YUKON CORNELIUS. In the Rudolph movie, you can be seen trekking through the snow with your handy pick axe. Everyone thinks you are prospecting through the arctic mining for silver and gold, when really it's peppermint you're looking for. A kind fellow you do not mind using your skills to help others navigate to save Christmas. You are the TRACKER and win with the town.

=============

=============

Guys... before you yell at me for making such a swingy game, I really don't think it was lol. I put a lot of thought into it and I'm confident that had like one of many things gone differently the outcome would have been a much more interesting game that went down to the wire. So many things were just so bizarre! Too many WTF moments. Thank god I wasn't playing. The only thing I would take responsibility for as a "mod mistake" is having a hated townie in the game with a vote thief. But so many things could have gone differently there (i.e. whiteflame being lynched on DP1 or 2, Supa not being shot NP1, etc.,) that I don't know how much responsibility I should take, though I'm sure you will all tell me otherwise and yeah I admit that was like the one thing I would do differently :P 

I'm sure people won't like that I also gave scum a bunch of fake claims. Supa had the option of SANTA CLAUSE or RUDOLPH (that's why Rudolph wasn't the hated townie though he would have been a better fit) and he could have fake claimed Doc, Bulletproof, Mason Recruiter, JOAT or Vanilla.

I know some people might think that's insane but I cannot reiterate how much I hate how games are broken based on themes. I love modding themed games as much as the next guy but in reality they just take away so much from the actual skill set of Mafia IMO. Also I like the dynamic of closed set ups where you know exactly which roles are included, however I also like room for leeway and fake claims and options. So giving fake claims was my way to kind of balance that. And honestly LikeMagic nailed her behavioral assessment lol that was CRAZY. She's gonna rage at yall so I'ma sign off before that happens. Hopefully she turns her fury onto you so town doesn't turn their fury onto me lol.

I really do think the game was balanced aside from the Hated. Ah well. Good job to the scum team and THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ACTIVITY. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@drafterman
@Vader
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
@LikeMagic
Here is day phase 3 lol I just ended it to spare everyone the pain. MisterChris signing on and giving his night action wouldn't have done anything. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@Bullish
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
Good game errbody. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@oromagi
@That1User
Thanks for playing! 
Lunatic
Lunatic
3 mafia AND a cult recruiter!? Holy crap
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WaterPhoenix
*slaps waterphoenix on the wrist*

Bad water! bad!
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
I forgot to mention that you should lynch a hated if there is a vote thief. My bad.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Lmaoooo
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@MagicIsReal
You literally called the game
LikeMagic
Debates: 0
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
Don't blame water, you are just as much at fault for the loss. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Yes, slay me! lol 

Entire cult dies if he recruits scum. He probs would have had like 1-2 recruits at best and no way a Santa Clause claim was getting far. He was role blocked and killed NP1. I suspected one or the other but yeah. 

It seems mad OP towards maf and maybe it is but seriously if one little thing had gone different (of many) it would have been a totes different game. 

Had Magic not claimed Hated, scum would not have won. Had ya'll lynched whiteflame dp1 or 2, scum would have had a VERY tough time winning after all those power roles were outed. Speaking of which Water shouldn't have fake claimed and made the Tracker out themselves. And I'm not sure why you said publicly that you weren't the caroler which everybody thought and scum would have acted differently in the end had they considered other options. So yeah my b but I do think town was pretty powerful. Caroler was a very powerful role. 

Anyway I'm leaving before Magic et. all yells at me lol BYE 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
For what it's worth, up through DP1, I would have behaved almost exactly the same if I was town. Much as Magic kept calling me out for it, that's just me, and many of you know that, so much as she was right, I wouldn't say I did anything clearly scummy in DP1. Could've seen you guys pushing a lynch in DP2, though I don't think I did anything to give myself away before the lynch on WP. Magic definitely had the right calls, but how she got there is a different story.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@That1User
Sure she did. But it was already over by then.
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
Reposting here.

Town (with the exception of me) deserved this loss, hard. It seems clear that for whatever reason, town had more respect for the reads and thoughts of literally every player but me, including Drafterman and Whiteflame, who were almost playing laughably scummy. (INB4 nonsense ego argument that my reasoning was trash and I just so happened to be right)

WTF would scum Water's motive have been to claim Pie visited Supa, if he didn't actually see Pie visit Supa! It's immediately verifiable and would result in his lynch.

Nice extra dig Scum to have me vote for myself with your vote steal. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
Don't blame water, you are just as much at fault for the loss. 
I am at fault why, because I didn't agree with your read on whiteflame? I still don't agree with it, and think it was tunnel vision. If anything, you read was distracting me from actually reading him. I maintain the behavioral tells you pulled on him were null for him based on past town play. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@whiteflame
You definitely did plenty of scumm things, all very clearly articulated by me. It is just unfortunate that it seems my thoughts, game play, and analysis are not respected or valued as much as yours and other players. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
Classic egotistical attempt and avoiding accountability. My reads were 100% accurate and based on scummy behavior that is seen as scummy in games constantly. You just don't respect my reads, and therefore were distracted by your own biases in that regard
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
And I'm not sure why you said publicly that you weren't the caroler which everybody thought and scum would have acted differently in the end had they considered other options.
Oromagi tends to tunnel me pretty hard, and he was starting to suspect me and magic for not giving the information. I felt like I could play it off like a bluff though, and maybe mafia would think I was town and lying and still might think I was the caroler. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@LikeMagic
WTF would scum Water's motive have been to claim Pie visited Supa, if he didn't actually see Pie visit Supa! It's immediately verifiable and would result in his lynch.
Get me as a mislynch, bus etc 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@LikeMagic
Seriously, look back at my previous games. There's a reason that Speed, Lunatic and MisterChris were all saying this is normal for me. You can call it scummy, but it's my normal play.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@LikeMagic
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Thanks for killing Supa!
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@That1User
You tagged a different magic I think. 

Honestly Pie threw me. Pie was playing town as hell. I was so confused when he came on and challenged Waters. But I was like wtf would waters lie about that knowing Pie could immediately say it didn't happen, which is the only reason I help onto the town read of Waters.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@LikeMagic
Honestly Pie threw me. Pie was playing town as hell. I was so confused when he came on and challenged Waters. But I was like wtf would waters lie about that knowing Pie could immediately say it didn't happen, which is the only reason I help onto the town read of Waters. 
I pride myself in being unreadable lol

On a side note, you were right about Whiteflame but for the wrong reasons. It really is his normal play
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Danielle
What would have happened if Supa actually recruited oro?
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@drafterman
You're clearly an asshole. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
Classic egotistical attempt and avoiding accountability. My reads were 100% accurate and based on scummy behavior that is seen as scummy in games constantly. You just don't respect my reads, and therefore were distracted by your own biases in that regard
Get the hell out of here, and d1tch your high horse. Who are you calling egotistical you fvcking hypocrite. I gave your reads respect, your mad because I didn't bandwagon you on them. The read you had on whiteflame was poorly substantiated, and you haven't played in many games with him. He would have played the same as town in that first phase as well. There wasn't enough to assume he was scum from that alone. Claim credit all you want, but stop acting high and mighty lol. Sometimes people get it right, sometimes people get it wrong. You've been wrong many times before, but I am not using that as ammo against you lol. holy fvck magic.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Fun fact, we were thinking about fake claiming Ghoul. Good thing we didn’t lol
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@LikeMagic
Town (with the exception of me) deserved this loss, hard. It seems clear that for whatever reason, town had more respect for the reads and thoughts of literally every player but me,
I believed you :(

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Fun fact, we were thinking about fake claiming Ghoul. Good thing we didn’t lol
lol damn. GG