What is a "one-horse pony?"

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 69
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
The next four years will be, if anything, entertaining. All I need say is, "Joe did it again," and y'all will know what I'm taking about.

In reply to a question to Joe Biden posed by Peter Doocy, Joe replied 'You're a one-horse pony."

Will one of you more familiar with Joe's euphemisms please tell me how many horses ponies are supposed to have, since Joe's reply was clearly an insult? While you're at it, tell me what face a lying pony soldier should have. And, tell me why Joe is fixated on horses, because his commentary certainly compares to what comes from their backends. Is it that they're hairy?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
He mispoke. You know, as people do. He meant a "one-trick pony."

Meanwhile Trump just pardoned 20 of his criminal lackeys. But yeah, let's focus on a slip of the tongue.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
He mispoke
Spoken like a true apologist. The problem, my friend, is that Hidin' Biden misspeaks more than he can offer a clear, concise sentence. His mind is missing spokes.

As for presidential pardons, I suggest you look at the record of the placeholder, Oba'a
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Spoken like a true apologist.  ...  As for presidential pardons, I suggest you look at the record of the placeholder, Oba'a
so you accuse him of being an apologist, but then when you respond to his point you just deflect and say look at someone else. AKA being an apologist. 

do you not see your hypocrisy, or do you just enjoy it?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Spoken like a true apologist. The problem, my friend, is that Hidin' Biden misspeaks more than he can offer a clear, concise sentence. His mind is missing spokes.
Wait, do you believe he misspoke or do you not believe he misspoke?

As for presidential pardons, I suggest you look at the record of the placeholder, Oba'a
And I suggest you look at what the current President is doing right now because, you know, that's what actually matters.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
Biden misspeaks more than he can offer a clear, concise sentence.
Lets be fair. He's only human. People are going to misspeak from time to time. It's unavoidable. The issue would be whether or not the frequency of the incidents is significantly outside the range of normalcy... which might suggest a problem with mental acuity. You seem to be taking the position that it is - Yet, I do not see any data on this.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
you just deflect 
This string is about Biden. Who deflected, again? Practicing your poor comprehension, again? 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
do you believe 
Isn't it obvious what I believe? You're in need of comprehension lesson's, too.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
It's unavoidable. 
Frequency is a gage? So, you county Trump lies. I'll count Biden tongue-ties. Fair enough? Or is yours a one-way street?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
None of you have yet told me how many horses ponies are supposed to have. TDS alive and well. You've all just proved it.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
You seem to be contradicting yourself, so I felt it was safest to just ask. The question stands.
Death23
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
Frequency is a gage?
I mean, if he does it too often then it may suggest a problem with his mind. But if its not more often than the normal range then I don’t see a problem. So, yes, frequency would be an indrect gauge.

So, you county Trump lies. I'll count Biden tongue-ties. Fair enough? Or is yours a one-way street?
Meh. lying and missoeaking are not the same thing. They should be in different categories. Apples and oranges. But yes, count both if your intention is to compare the two, but that much is moot now since the election is done.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
Joe Biden says exactly what he means: nothing.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
lying and missoeaking are not the same thing. 
They're not? Since when?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@fauxlaw
While we’re at it, what’s a lying dog faced pony soldier?
Death23
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
lying and missoeaking are not the same thing. 
They're not? Since when?

NOUN
  • 1An intentionally false statement.
    ‘the whole thing is a pack of lies’
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Did he misspeak or not?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
I'm not sure what missoeaking  is. Is it something you need Depends
for or are you just lying?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
covfefe
oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump's 2019 hurricane plan:

"I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?  They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" 

oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump's 2019 Fourth of July address:

"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant"

(The Battle of Baltimore was in 1814)
oromagi
oromagi
The Commander in Chief thinks the planes he commands are actually invisible to the eye:

"the F-35 fighter jet, which is, you know, almost like an invisible fighter. I was asking the Air Force guys, I said, how good is this plane? They said, well, sir, you can't see it. I said, yeah, but in a fight — you know, a fight — like I watch in the movies — they fight, they're fighting. How good is this? They say, well, it wins every time because the enemy cannot see it. Even if it's right next to it, it can't see it. I said, that helps. That's a good thing"
oromagi
oromagi
Trump comments on Hurricane Florence:

This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water.
oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump on Global Warming:

"If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value, And they say the noise causes cancer."
oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump pandemic action plan:

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing, and then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too.  I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?  As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump on Federal wildfire management.

"I said, you gotta clean your floors, you gotta clean your forests — there are many, many years of leaves and broken trees and they’re like, like, so flammable, you touch them and it goes up"
oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump's plan regarding the Russian's ongoing cyberattack on the US military and energy infrastructure, the largest cyberattack in history

"The Cyber Hack is far greater in the Fake News Media than in actuality. I have been fully briefed and everything is well under control. Russia, Russia, Russia is the priority chant when anything happens because Lamestream is, for mostly financial reasons, petrified of..discussing the possibility that it may be China (it may!). There could also have been a hit on our ridiculous voting machines during the election, which is now obvious that I won big, making it an even more corrupted embarrassment for the USA"

oromagi
oromagi
Trump on CIA reports that Russian intelligence operatives offered bounties for the deaths of US soldiers in Afghanistan:

"If it reached my desk, I would have done something about it."
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
You are all missing the point. I'm calling out Biden words. So y'all throw back Trump words. My topic is Biden. Trump is off topic. Using Trump to excuse Biden is disingenuous. Your BoP, if you have one, is to demonstrate that Biden knows what he is saying, or does not. Before you answer, climb into his head, not Trump's Get it?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
You are all missing the point. I'm calling out Biden words. So y'all throw back Trump words. My topic is Biden.
your topic is a human being mis-spoke slightly. That is so mundane and ridiculous it isn't even worth discussing. 

Trump is off topic. Using Trump to excuse Biden is disingenuous.
no one is trying to use trump to excuse biden. you haven't mentioned anything biden has done that would require excusing. They are pointing out that you are attempting to discuss a minor slip up by biden at the same time trump is handing out pardons to his co-conspirators. The idea that biden's minor error is worthy of debate by contrast is laughable.