So many new books to read, where to start?

Author: janesix

Total: 4
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I have a few new books I got for Christmas,and several I've gotten over the last few months that I've either started and haven't finished, or havent started at all.

Here is a partial list:

Infinite Harmony By Michael Hayes- A theory of everything based on music- Read most of, but rereading again.

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel-Started a few pages, got months ago from my boyfriend, who got it from a friend (boyfriend is an atheist)

Uriel's Machine by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas- Got last month, about half way through. About lost civilization. I bout this one because I liked Christopher Knight's other books, like Who built the Moon

Four or five cookbooks I found while reorganizing my kitchen- I hate cooking, so won't be high on my reading list

Caste the Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson-About American social life, not really interested, got for Christmas from boyfriend's mother. ill save as a power outage book

Mythology by Edith Hamilton-Got for Christmas, will read as the mood strikes me. Written 1942

Interference Theory-Very interesting, e-book, free, reading now (another musical theory of everything, my current obsession)

There are more but my boyfriend is sleeping and my bookshelf is in the bedroom and I don't want to wake him up

Share your reading list please

MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
My current list:

Treatise of Human Nature (by David Hume)

Galileo's Daughter (by Dava Sobel)

Five Sermons (by Butler)

I've learned a lot of new materials to read ever since I joined this website. I hope to get my hands on those before the new year.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@MarkWebberFan
I have Galileo's Daughter, I found it a year or two ago at the thrift store I think. Back when stores were open. That's weird, because I've come across several mentions of this book in the past weeks. Synchronicity? Maybe I should put this one on my current reading list, the Universe might be telling me something.
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
-->
@janesix
It's a great book. I think it reads like some sort of an introduction to Galileo at times but Maria Celeste's emotional letters are worth it. I'd say read the book if her letters are interesting enough for you.