Yin and Yang

Author: janesix

Total: 8
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I feel that I am about equally evil and good, just like the yin and yang. I wonder if everyone is the same like that. Equally bad and good. Or do you think morality can't be quantified?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
Yin and Yang is a good atheist principle....And also a good all round principle.

Not putting all ones eggs into one basket....And realising that there are always two sides to an argument.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Yes there are always two sides to an argument, that doesn't mean both sides are correct. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
True....But when the answer is unknowable, it's good to maintain a balance.

It might be suggested, that it wouldn't make any difference if everyone did agree about everything...But I personally think, that such a proposal doesn't take evolution and progress into consideration.

Yin and Yang.....Agreement and disagreement....Universal progress.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
What makes you evil in your book?  Are these thought or actions.  I am curious. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Both thoughts and actions. Selfishness. Greed. Taking more than my fair share of the worlds resources. Sometimes just being a jerk, being mean with the intention of making someone else feel bad.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
Evil seems like an extreme term for most of those. Thanks. 
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I feel that I am about equally evil and good, just like the yin and yang. I wonder if everyone is the same like that.

Yeah, not that it makes such a difference but I prefer to use the terms negative and positive. I believe there's an internal struggle or self awareness between both negative and positive at all times...kind of like the ol cliché where we have a "good" angel on one shoulder and an "evil" entity on the other lol, it's a pretty clear realistic image of such a dichotomy though.
When we left God and entered into creation we took on essentially a dual nature or better put a dualistic environment because contrast and duality must be present for there to be creation at all. If you took away duality and contrast there would basically just be a singular reality, so as long as you're within creation you will always notice both forces and because of that we must always struggle with the interaction between those forces whether that be within our conscious being or externally. As long as we exist within a dual environment it will always be something that imposes on all our intentions, choices and actions.
This is why creation also imposes the laws of morality, what some might label Karma, which ensures that while we are free to choose whichever force to interact with we will have to experience the repercussions of our choices. This keeps at least a form of balance within all things, while at times it seems like the balance may be off kilter at another time it realigns itself. Creation is a constant wobble between dual forces and as they pull and push against one another they will always maintain a balance of equilibrium.

On the other hand, if you were to exist within a state of non-duality (within God per say) as opposed to creation like a singular environment, such terms have no meaning or affect because no interaction between opposites are a factor. In order to interact between opposing forces there must be contrast and separation, forms and locations. At times creation can seem scary because of the extremes of two forces as they combat between themselves, it's also what makes creation interesting and fun....variance and difference are what make for realistic and unique experiences.
Since creation is also layered, there are places one can sojourn and observe where the swing of duality is not so wild, and where one force can have predominance over the other and that goes for both evil and good. In this physical world we see a good bit of both forces prevail at different times and places but in other planes of existence it can be much worse or much, much better.

The Creator which we call God exists as a Singular Reality so God in Its full state of Being has no such battles between good and evil because God exists primarily in a state of non-duality and unification where those terms have no meaning because there is no interaction, there's just a Singular Reality. In other words there is no contrast present, no other thing or person to have conflict with. So while God obviously understands what they mean, God does not wrestle with either force, only we do within creation. So yes, naturally if we were to absorb back into/within the One....we would no longer have any option to do good or bad.
It's very interesting to think about.