In the Future, it Would Be Beneficial for Humans to Colonize Mars.

Author: TheMelioist

Total: 5
TheMelioist
Debates: 0
TheMelioist
I am planning on making a debate on this website in a couple of days by the same title, just want to get a feel on what you guys think on the subject.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheMelioist
I think I gotta do some reading before I could give a real opinion, I think the biggest problem is finance, and as long as their is a good amount of time to develop either ways to mitigate the costs, or develop the technology to do so. I think in the long run... it could be beneficial for further exploration? I'm not sure what it exactly helps..
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheMelioist
It's going in the right direction I suppose....And as a staging post might be a good move....But as an overspill for humanity, it's perhaps not such a good idea....That's more of a case of, we've messed things up here, now let's go and make a mess of Mars.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@TheMelioist
It could be argued to be a monetary vacuum blowing tons of resources on something with way too many physical barriers. If I remember from school, the colony can't be above ground bc of the multi-month dust storms and lack of atmosphere. And it can't be below ground because of the ravenous, constant earthquakes.
Jasmine
Debates: 4
Jasmine
probably