Georgia Senate Election Runoff thing

Author: Imabench

Total: 11
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Look I dont know what to name this and im mentally fried from having to teach middle schoolers who after winter break forgot how to fucking act like theyre in a classroom, so I just wanted to put this into writing and refer back to it in the future should I ever need to. 

I predict that the Georgia runoff elections will not have any long term impact because theres almost no way in hell that Dems win one or both of them. 

Yes the state barely budged for Biden over Trump and almost elected Stacey Abrams over whoever the fuck actually won, but look at how other senate Dem challengers have done in other states and all you will find is a BLOODBATH. 

Iowa = In the state that forever reason is still considered a swing state even though it drifts further right with each presidential election, Democrat Theresa Greenfield loses to Joni Ernst by 6 points 

Maine = The state fucking EVERYONE thought would be flipped ended up staying red, with the oft-attacked Susan Collins beating challenger Sara Gideon by NINE POINTS 

North Carolina = 2 point Republican hold by incumbent Tom Tillis in a state that always votes red minus one time when Obama was on the ticket in 2008. 

Texas = John Cornyn, whose biggest asset is not being as hated as Ted Cruz, wins reelection by a double digit margin in a state that is concerningly pulling more towards the middle when it comes to presidential elections. 

My point is that while Biden has squeaked out a win against Trump at the top of the ticket, the next line down where senators have been judged have consistently gone in the GOP's favor. If Democrats cant pull out a win in fucking Maine or other states that have for sometime been considered swing states, I am very pessimistic they will be able to pull out one, let alone two, surprise upsets in the Georgia runoffs. 

If you want to see where shit REALLY is on the line, check out some of the states that elect senators in 2022. Its basically a who's-who of swing states where incumbant senators are either retiring or controversial in some way shape or form:

Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
Looks like the GoP will likely maintain senate control based on what's coming in. Though, I'm wondering if there's going to be any of that stuff like what happened on election night where the mail in ballots get counted later.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
But Mousie, thou art no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men
          Gang aft agley,

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Both Georgia Senate seats have gone to the Democrats. Praise the Lord, that was God's plan, right?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@FLRW
So was the asian tsunami. But yeah, looks like theyre going that way. Pack SCOTUS imo.
Bullish
Bullish
Can't believe the dems pulled it off
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Yeah this went way fuckin differently then I thought it would. 

Georgia def a purple state now holy shit 
Castin
Castin
I am in total shock.

Up at 1 AM waiting for DeKalb county to come in, still not believing it would be enough to put Ossoff and Warnock ahead like other Dems were swearing it would be.

Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, goddamn. I don't believe it.
lady3keys
lady3keys
I am soooooooooooo happy (about this at least)!  Shocked, but happy.  Flabbergasted, but happy.  Mentally and emotionally exhausted, but happy.  Still waiting for another catastrophe from the ReTrumplicans, but happy . . . about the Georgia Miracle anyway!  The insurgence . . . well, that is a shameful outrage for another thread.

WAY TO GO GEORGIA!!!
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Imabench
Florida is now leaning more red too than ever
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Imabench
Yeah this went way fuckin differently then I thought it would. 

Georgia def a purple state now holy shit 
As someone on the right, I knew both Democrats were going to win. It was obvious. The Georgia GOP sucks. They had a warning call in 2018 and they didn’t do anything about it. Just look at the Texas GOP for comparison. It’s a shame there are incompetent Republicans in Georgia