What I realized

Author: Tarik

Total: 449
Tarik
Debates: 0
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't know because I don't know what any of that means, but what's your point?
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
I don't know because I don't know what any of that means, but what's your point?
My point is that if you can't verify a (statement of) FACT (an implicit factual claim), then you can't properly call it a FACT.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
Well you didn't prove that point by asking me that question, especially when you take into account the answer I gave, I don't know is open to all possibilities.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
How about this,

(IFF) TRALICON = GRENBALDI + QUENRAK  (THEN) GRENBALDI + QUENRAK = TRALICON

This is an example of a TAUTOLOGICAL STATEMENT.

This statement is TRUE by DEFINITION.

This statement is logically-coherent.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
Maybe, maybe not, one way I get to the bottom of this is by asking what this "logically-coherent" statement means.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
Maybe, maybe not, one way I get to the bottom of this is by asking what this "logically-coherent" statement means.
It means "NOT self-contradictory".
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
I would ask you to show support of that definition.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
no, parents meeting isnt by just accidetal
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
no, parents meeting isnt by just accidetal
Are you certain about that?

Did your parents have a detailed skill based plan of how they were going to meet each other before they fell in love?

Did your parents specifically choose you from a list of all possible children?

Or was your specific birth more of a "roll of the dice"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
I would ask you to show support of that definition.
You pick whatever definition you personally prefer, and I'll demonstrate how it can be condensed down to its core components.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
i though you were talking about dating, that isnt an accident

i think your going too deep in this, it isnt supposed to be scientific, its supposed to be a personal thing

the fact is that you are here because of your ancestors and their hard work and sacrifices for you to enjoy the conveniences of modern life-this is a unique thing special to you and your siblings. Take pride in it but also know it now your responsibily to please your ancestors who look above
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Take pride in it but also know it now your responsibily to please your ancestors who look above
How many generations back should I be "proud of"?

Should I be "proud of" my grandparents?

Should I be "proud of" my great-grandparents?

Should I be "proud of" the ancient tribal people who made the lives of my great-grandparents possible?

At what point in history can I stop being "proud" of my "ancestors"?

How far back is, "too far"?
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
You pick whatever definition you personally prefer, and I'll demonstrate how it can be condensed down to its core components.
Excuse me? You're the one that's making  a claim so the burden of proof is on you to provide support of the definition your using, and for the record you can't define something by telling me what it's not you define it by telling me what it is.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
i would say 8 generations back, you wouldn't connect super well to the rest
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
i would say 8 generations back, you wouldn't connect super well to the rest
I see.

So, every time a new generation is born we can just cancel any "pride" we might feel for the 9th generation ancestors?

What if I can't "connect super well" with my grandparents?

What if I'm a mud-blood mongrel and my great-grandparents were moral enemies?

Should I be "proud" of their "accomplishments" of killing each other?

What if I have no idea who my ancestors were?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
You pick whatever definition you personally prefer, and I'll demonstrate how it can be condensed down to its core components.
Excuse me? You're the one that's making  a claim so the burden of proof is on you to provide support of the definition your using, and for the record you can't define something by telling me what it's not you define it by telling me what it is.
It's called "the principle of charity".

Instead of arguing over what's a "valid definition" I'll just let you pick one for me.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
I can't define what I don't know which I've uttered before, by the looks of it your applying the principle of charity because you don't know what you're taking about either and since we both can't follow it I think the most logical move forward is to abandon the argument and present another one to make your case.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
I can't define what I don't know which I've uttered before, by the looks of it your applying the principle of charity because you don't know what you're taking about either and since we both can't follow it I think the most logical move forward is to abandon the argument and present another one to make your case.
fact
[ fakt ]

noun
(1) something that actually exists; reality; truth:Your fears have no basis in fact.
(2) something known to exist or to have happened:Space travel is now a fact.
(3) a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
(4) something said to be true or supposed to have happened:The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.

Does this meet with your approval?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
those are all hypotheicals
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah sure
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
I do not base any of my decisions based on my emotions other than family matters.  The family matter decisions are basically bowing to the absurd to get along.  Emotion based decisions are the worst decisions you will ever make in your life.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
I do not base any of my decisions based on my emotions other than family matters.  The family matter decisions are basically bowing to the absurd to get along.  Emotion based decisions are the worst decisions you will ever make in your life.
Please provide an example of one of your "not-e-motion" based decisions.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
those are all hypotheicals
This entire conversation is hypothetical.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
fact
[ fakt ]

noun
(1) something that actually exists; reality; truth:Your fears have no basis in fact.

IN ORDER FOR ANY THING TO QUALIFY AS "ACTUAL" IT MUST BE EMPIRICALLY DEMONSTRABLE (AND OR LOGICALLY NECESSARY).

(2) something known to exist or to have happened:Space travel is now a fact.

IN ORDER FOR ANY THING TO QUALIFY AS "KNOWN TO EXIST" IT MUST BE EMPIRICALLY DEMONSTRABLE (AND OR LOGICALLY NECESSARY).

(3) a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

IN ORDER FOR ANY THING TO QUALIFY AS "KNOWN BY ACTUAL EXPERIENCE OR OBSERVATION" IT MUST BE EMPIRICALLY DEMONSTRABLE (AND OR LOGICALLY NECESSARY).

(4) something said to be true or supposed to have happened:The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.

IN ORDER FOR ANY THING TO QUALIFY AS "TRUE OR SUPPOSED TO HAVE HAPPENED" IT MUST BE EMPIRICALLY DEMONSTRABLE (AND OR LOGICALLY NECESSARY).
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
Was there an argument in there?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
is it?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
Was there an argument in there?
Please challenge my axioms and or point out a specific logical error and or provide a counter-factual.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@3RU7AL
What made you think I took issue with your axioms?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
Any and all decisions based on spending money or investing it. I will never spend money because someone cries that I wont to please them. Potential bad decisions are oblivious when not looked at thru the prism of emotion. I will never succumb to any kind of peer pressure to get along or keep friends. I will tell you to fuck right off. I will not lend money that I cant afford to loose no matter how much someone cries or pleads that they need it. If I lend money I lend it on the assumption I will never get it back. You don't pay it back, that's fine, I wont say shit, I didn't expect it to be paid back. I will of course never lend you money again.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tarik
What made you think I took issue with your axioms?
You asked me to explain how I got my definition of "FACT".