This isn't completely serious, but still....

Author: janesix

Total: 6
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Ok so there is a ghost in my house, the other morning it finished my cereal, and I know I didn't just forget I ate it. All the milk was gone too and I never drink the leftover milk out of the bowl. Of course it could have been my dog, but she wasn't up at the time, unless she came out into the living room where my cereal was on the table, ate it, and then went back to bed in the time it takes me to smoke half a cigarette. 

The other thing was a couple of weeks ago, but weird things have been happening lately, and it all adds up eventually. Ok, I went into my bedroom and there were two pencils on the floor in front of my bookshelf. The pens and pencils are far back on the shelf, on a shelf with no books, and couldn't have gotten knocked down by me, my boyfriend(he wasn't there) or the dog. This would be weird but forgotten, but a day or two later, I walked into my room and there were two pens on the floor in the same spot. Again, it wasn't my boyfriend gaslighting me, or going through my things, because he was at work.

I don't really believe in ghosts or anything, but I am sometimes paranoid and this has me a little bit on edge. Any thoughts?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@janesix
As a man long single I'd say you're lucky to have the boyfriend and the dog.  I find that having others in the house helps to chase most of the ghosts away.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
The Dog definitely ate the cereal and licked the bowl and sneaked backed to it's bed when you weren't looking....That's how dogs typically function...Even if they are seemingly asleep, they are fully aware and look for every opportunity to acquire food.

As for the pens and pencils, they were probably an untidy coincidence.

I get the impression that you are probably a person predisposed to react in this way and look for ghostly answers rather than logical ones.

There are no such things as ghosts.....Though I doubt that you will choose to agree with this.

And I expect there will be plenty of others who will also not agree, should they happen to read the above.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@janesix

You don't think your boyfriend's girlfriend is hiding in the house , do you?

63 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea that ghosts, ghouls, alien demigods, vampires and the lile are real and operating in secrecy.

It would furthermore not shock me if they intentionally made modern stories and movies/series depict their mechanics both physically and societally among themselves as a clever concoction of 75% lies and exaggerating with 25% fully accurate as the overall trend (for onstance can vampires last in daylight and be seen in mirrors? How about is it a cursed werewolf or a shapeshifting lycanthrope or a bit of both?) We'll never truly know, even all of them probably know barely anything about some of the others due to distance and what-not. 

37 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Ghosts don't have bodies to eat with.  They might tip a bowl over but they can't make milk de materialize.