I Hear the Phrase often " the war in heaven",.....

Author: Stephen

Total: 12
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
When did it happen? Who won? Or hasn't it happened yet?
Did a god "cast out satan", If so when and what for?
Who started the war? What was the war over? 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Stephen
What Bible verse/s are you referring to?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
What Bible verse/s are you referring to?
Not any Jayne. I was discussing heaven over the last three months with various christians divisions and at various meetings  the subject of "heaven". The phrase "war" in heaven came up often  but these groups couldn't expand on it. 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

That's all I found in a quick search. Maybe there is more? I don't know.
Stephen
Stephen
Now war arose in heaven,
Do you mean there was no war in heaven?

Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated,
So this  happened in heaven?

and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.

So we can safely assume in this case that heaven is a place?

And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Thrown down from heaven?

That's all I found in a quick search. Maybe there is more? I don't know.

That's good of you to take the time Jayne. Thank you.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
There are two seperate 'wars'.   The first isn't biblical and owes its place in popular culture more to Milton than scripture.   The devil (or satan) rebelled against god (before the creation of man), for which Satan and his followers were sent to the specially created realm of Hell.
As it is not biblical, there is - AFAIK - no definitive Christian teaching as to the origin of Satan, but in the Islamic traditition Iblis rebels against god by refusing to bow down before god's greatest  creation, Adam.

The other war is the war described in Revelation which will occur at the end of days.

Currently the 'war' consists of god and the devil trying to gain individual souls.

Or so it is said  - I am not sure all of it is true.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
The first isn't biblical

I am only interested in the biblical belief of a "war" in heaven.

The other war is the war described in Revelation which will occur at the end of days.
So it hasn't happened yet then? Or it has happened and we don't have  record of it or should I say the bible doesn't record it?

Currently the 'war' consists of god and the devil trying to gain individual souls.
 This implies then that there is a war going on as we speak, would I be correct? -  from a biblical point of view.

Or so it is said  - I am not sure all of it is true.
 So, then it didn't happen a long time ago at the beginning of time?

Stephen
Stephen
So can I safely say then that when Christians talk about a "war" in heaven, they are telling lies, mistaken, or simply repeating something they do not understand?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Stephen
JW's have told me this war already happened... the one in Revelation. Plus, it would make more sense in regards to Satan's influence on our world if he is already here.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Outplayz
JW's have told me this war already happened... the one in Revelation. 

Did they tell you when it had happened?  Who won?
 god "cast down satan", If so when and what for?

I would be sincerely grateful for any extra input. Thank you

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Stephen
Did they tell you when it had happened?  Who won? 
 god "cast down satan", If so when and what for?

Actually, i think they alluded to the war being either World War 1 or 2. To be honest, i just remembered that... they were saying this Revelation was a human war. I think i remember her saying they aren't exactly sure which war it was, could have been earlier than WW2, but she said she personally thinks it was WW2 the Revelation is talking about.  

Stephen
Stephen
Actually, i think they alluded to the war being either World War 1 or 2. 
So it wasn't in a god's heavenly realm (wherever that may be) at all then but here on earth. Well at least that sounds a little more believable even though "she" says it was 
the "war" written about nearly 2,000 years ago in Revelation.

I have always had good reason to believe that when the New Testament scriptures talk about  "the kingdom of heaven" that it actually was a place on this earth and not some up in the sky realm.  It appears, going by the responses I have had on this thread, that I could well be on the right track.

thanks again.