Free will, fate and synchronicities

Author: janesix

Total: 4
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Yes, another annoying thread on free will or fate.

Does it have to be one or the other? Or is it just my wishful thinking, that there could be a reality where both are involved?

Because I KNOW at least some things are set up, probably by the Universe. Because "coincidences" or "synchronicities" always occur through the Universe showing me that there is predestination. And I don't like it. 

A typical type of synchronicity for me is the electronic type. I get two or more instances in a short period of time, I mean instances of the same phrase, idea, word, experience, picture, anything. It usually shows up in unrelated videos, websites, shows, etc. Usually the synchronicity has very little or no apparent meaning. But as time goes on, the synchronicities are showing a pattern. Like I could have a seemingly meaningless synchronicity, and a year or two later, I have another that ties into the one I had a long time ago.

Lots of times I will just get an "urge" to look up a certain topic, a seemingly innocent topic, and then have a whole manic episode that can last for weeks or months, where I am led through coincidences from one thing to the next. And I get the euphoria reward, or an altered state of consciousness. And sometimes it is the opposite, with the synchronicities forming an idea that sends me into panic and extreme anxiety. (Either way, I tend to have extreme reactions)

Then there are the non-electronic type where it involves books and other non electronic media. When these occur, it shows that a set up for coincidence can take years to develop, and that the only explanation can be a predetermined outcome.

So fate is real. It has to be. But I don't understand why there is spiritual growth supposedly happening. And it often involves my personal decisions, morality etc. Things that involve free will and choice, choosing between good and evil etc. 

So what the heck is going on?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
If you look for synchronicity you will find it and if you want to find synchronicity you will look for it.

Other people fill their lives with other stuff and never consider synchronicity.....Maybe the odd coincidence now and then.

And free will and fate are usually tough nuts to crack, and usually end up unresolved.

I would suggest that you are a programmed organic machine, and as such you are governed by your programming.......Though, can you decide what you want for breakfast?

Fate is probably no more than a mystical interpretation of the above. 

And that still leaves breakfast......Choices Choices.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@janesix
The human brain is hardwired to detect patterns. Just remember the axiom of statistics that "correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation."
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Does it have to be one or the other? Or is it just my wishful thinking, that there could be a reality where both are involved?

No it is both. It's not one or the other you have your own will within a reality and environment where your weaknesses are exposed and tested. You're almost like a free agent that's been placed within a simulated maze so to speak. While you're working your way through the maze you're also creating bits of your own world, future experiences and such. Though you have been placed within a maze your interactions within that set are completely your own to choose.

So fate is real. It has to be. But I don't understand why there is spiritual growth supposedly happening. And it often involves my personal decisions, morality etc. Things that involve free will and choice, choosing between good and evil etc.

There's a few factors involved that are the reasons for your experiences here. But fate is not tied to your will, it's tied to your environment. There's also an objective component related to your spiritual journey, you're learning about your true self while at the same time improving yourself so you can move along to better worlds and more elevated experiences.
The choices you make "in the now"...in the present tense are what dictate your future experiences (own will) and your past decisions and desires are what you are experiencing right now (fate).

Like I could have a seemingly meaningless synchronicity, and a year or two later, I have another that ties into the one I had a long time ago.

Your dreams and the "universe" will appear to be getting your attention on certain things that will be beneficial for you whether or not you know it at the time. Of course there will be those who tell you the "brain is hardwired to detect patterns" but it's completely irrelevant BS, you're just noticing it more than others. Some people are completely oblivious to it.