I’m pro choice in this moment in time and here is why

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 15
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
I’m pro choice up until 20 weeks into pregnancy because there are 2 situations in my head:

1) An unintended pregnancy gets brought to term and set up for adoption (because teenagers and anyone who doesn’t want to be a parent shouldn’t parent a baby).  In the best of circumstances, the kid gets adopted by foster parents super early in the kids life.  A starving African kid that got adopted by the foster parents in situation 2 dies of starvation because the foster parents adopted a baby that got aborted in situation 2.
2) The fetus gets aborted; a painless death since it was aborted before 20 weeks.  The starving African child gets saved by foster parents.

In situation 1, an African kid died of starvation and it was very slow and painful.  In situation 2, a fetus died a painless death.  The foster parents only have the ability and the will to adopt 1 of the kids.  Which situation do you prefer?  I prefer situation 2.  Banning abortion causes situation 1 to occur if everyone followed the law.  If a kid will die either way, it’s better to kill the kid who can’t feel pain and is not expecting the death.  Even if you kill somebody painlessly, they are expecting the death so such a death truly isn’t painless since death stress(stress knowing your going to be killed) is often more painful than a shot in the back of the head.

If there were no starving kids anywhere in the world, I’d be against abortion.  But there are tens of millions of starving kids worldwide that are going to die a painful death from starvation.  If babies that didn’t have to be birthed were aborted, then foster parents could save starving kids in the rest of the world instead of having to adopt kids that didn’t have to exist.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
why arent we seeing that now after 40 years of legalized abortion?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
If abortion was banned and not practiced, then there would be even more starving kids since they never were aborted.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
no there wouldnt, they are not connected
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
They are connected because the more US born babies there are that are unwanted, the more American kids in the foster system.  The more kids in the foster system, the more number of foster parents have to adopt these kids.  The more foster parents adopting these kids, the less are available to save a starving African kid, and the more of THOSE kids die.

It’s either the fetus that will die or the starving African kid.  I’d rather have the party die that can’t feel pain(ie the fetus).
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
Why did you send gun videos?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
i dont really know how to respond, do you know for certain that african kids would be adopted?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I know that if every unwanted pregnancy was aborted, then foster companies would have to go to poor places like Africa to find kids to keep their business going.  Foster couples who want to adopt can adopt one of these kids instead of a kid that could have been aborted.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
unwanted pregnency is just a cover word for irresponsible sex
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
While I don’t think people should have premarital sex, people are going to do it and get pregnant.  If people don’t need to take care of foster kids, then why should people have to take care of their biological kids?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
it was their fault
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Doesn’t matter.  Pregnancy shouldn’t be a punishment for having premarital sex.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
it should be, you should be always be punished for your actions
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You should be punished for your actions only if a victim is produced and no victim is produced by angry alternatives.  You shouldn’t get punished for doing a push-up, since doing this action produced no victim.

Although a victim is produced with abortion, a victim is also produced with setting the child up for adoption.  Somebody will die because of your actions whether you abort or set the kid up for adoption.  I therefore am pro choice.