Why are there so many sheep in this world?

Author: Tradesecret

Total: 44
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
I am not sure why I am constantly surprised but it never ceases to amaze me how many sheep there are in the human race. 

So many people who simply believe everything they read in a newspaper. Or everything their favorite commentators say. Or everything their political party and their elders tell them.  Or whatever their school taught them. 

What is it with this? Why is there no serious critical thinking any more? Why is it that something is said - repeated and then suddenly it is gospel and you are not allowed or permitted to speak against it? 

Colleges used to teach people how to think. Now they seem to be teaching them how not to think.  (Or what to think) 

We need to get rid of this cancel culture. We need to stop telling other people how to live their lives.  We need to stop being pressured and guilted into silence.  

If things do not change shortly, there will be an counter - cultural revolution.  People can only be silenced for so long.  

What are your views about how to deal with these thing? I personally don't believe violence is an acceptable response.   Yet this does not mean that a time won't come when it might be necessary.  

Let me be clear - I am asking for different views here - to try and address my frustration at the overwhelming number of sheep.  And hoping against hope that there is no need for an uprising - and that a progress towards a more natural position can be achieved without resorting to anything more than common sense. 
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Tradesecret
I am not sure why I am constantly surprised but it never ceases to amaze me how many sheep there are in the human race. 
It is part of human nature. It has always been that way and it likely always will. 

And hoping against hope that there is no need for an uprising - and that a progress towards a more natural position can be achieved without resorting to anything more than common sense. 
an uprising may come, but it won't change anything. Look at the french revolution. There was an explosion of anger. The old tyranny was removed and replaced with a new tyranny. That tyranny was replaced by another tyranny after that. They ended up right back with an emperor again. 

The world is a complicated place. No one understands all of it. Most people see that and defer to those who understand it better (or who they perceive to understand it better). That isn't likely to change any time soon. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Tradesecret
Why is there no serious critical thinking any more?

Because people with power control public education today to control those without it.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Because people with power control public education today to control those without it.
I assume you believe yourself to be educated? But you have parroted obvious lies spread by Trump/fox/news max. You are a great example of sheep. You repeat things that others tell you even though you don't know if they are true. Even if the evidence says they aren't true. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Even a broken clock like Fox is right twice a day.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Even a broken clock like Fox is right twice a day.
And yet you continue to repeat their talking points even when they are very obviously wrong. You are a case in point of the type of person this thread is about. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Which talking point?

Maybe this point?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Tradesecret
Colleges used to teach people how to think. Now they seem to be teaching them how not to think.  (Or what to think) 
What did you base this opinion on?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
What did you base this opinion on?
Safe spaces. No unauthorized dissent allowed.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
what point? that markets are easily spooked? How is this at all relevant to the topic?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Most of your information about Fox is probably second-hand hearsay, so I wouldn't trust anything you ascribe to Fox unless you have actual source links.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
top 10 fake news stories, from bad to worse:

10. RT Hacked Into and Took Over C-SPAN (Fortune)
9. Russian Hackers Invaded the U.S. Electricity Grid to Deny Vermonters Heat During the Winter (WashPost)
8. A New, Deranged, Anonymous Group Declares Mainstream Political Sites on the Left and Right to be Russian Propaganda Outlets and WashPost Touts its Report to Claim Massive Kremlin Infiltration of the Internet (WashPost)
7. Trump Aide Anthony Scaramucci is Involved in a Russian Hedge Fund Under Senate Investigation (CNN)
6. Russia Attacked U.S. “Diplomats” (i.e. Spies) at the Cuban Embassy Using a Super-Sophisticated Sonic Microwave Weapon (NBC/MSNBC/CIA)
5. Trump Created a Secret Internet Server to Covertly Communicate with a Russian Bank (Slate)
4. Paul Manafort Visited Julian Assange Three Times in the Ecuadorian Embassy and Nobody Noticed (Guardian/Luke Harding)
3. CNN Explicitly Lied About Lanny Davis Being Its Source – For a Story Whose Substance Was Also False: Cohen Would Testify that Trump Knew in Advance About the Trump Tower Meeting (CNN)
2. Robert Mueller Possesses Internal Emails and Witness Interviews Proving Trump Directed Cohen to Lie to Congress (BuzzFeed)
1. Donald Trump Jr. Was Offered Advanced Access to the WikiLeaks Email Archive (CNN/MSNBC)

And the grand turkey of them all.

Now I'm not going to sit and defend Fox because they are also part of the crony corporate media complex as controlled opposition. 
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

But dayum, you have to be that special type of non-critically thinking retard to look at all these and actually be surprised.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
top 10 fake news stories, from bad to worse:
ok. i pointed out how you personally parrot bullshit stories. You responded by talking about random stories on other networks that have nothing to do with what we are talking about. 

Classic deflection. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
ok. i pointed out how you personally parrot bullshit stories

This is a ridiculous assertation without any specifics and will be regarded as such. Classic mouthbreather with an axe to grind.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
What's the last book you read? What is the book you are currently reading?

If you have to take more than 30 seconds to answer that, you are one of the sheep this thread is talking about.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
What's the last book you read? What is the book you are currently reading?

If you have to take more than 30 seconds to answer that, you are one of the sheep this thread is talking about.
again, this is just deflection. I am pointing out that you personally spew stories on here that have no basis in reality. You do this because you hear those stories on conservative news sources and assume them to be true. That makes you a sheep. You could read 100 books a day, but you if you repeat obvious lies off of fox news you are still a sheep. 

and you are only further proving that there is little hope in people stopping being sheep. Because when confronted with it they just deflect or change the subject, as you are aptly demonstrating. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I am pointing out that you personally spew stories on here that have no basis in reality.

You can't name anything so stop with the bullshit.

You're just a mouthbreather with an axe to grind. Not a particularly special species of sheep.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You're just a mouthbreather with an axe to grind. Not a particularly special species of sheep.
ahh, there's the next step. Once you get called out for your multiple attempts at deflection, you just switch to personal attacks. Classic sheep move. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Called out for what? You say I make bad points and can't name a single fucking one.

That isn't even a lack of critical thought, it's a lack of a point altogether!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
But by all means, let's get back to your point that I make bad points, let's just accept that as fact without any critical discussion.

This is exactly what this thread is about. The complete lack of any discussion whatsoever whether it is intentional or genetically impossible.

And I am not trying to single you out HB

There are millions of Americans walking around thinking "hurr durr Fox bad" or "hurr durr CNN bad" and that's the end of the thought process/discussion. That's not enlightenment or critical thinking.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
But by all means, let's get back to your point that I make bad points, let's just accept that as fact without any critical discussion.
I never said we should take it as fact without critical discussion. I brought up my point and you attempted (multiple times) to deflect. It's hard to have a discussion about things with you deflecting with every single response. 

This is exactly what this thread is about. The complete lack of any discussion whatsoever whether it is intentional or genetically impossible.
That is what this thread is about. With every answer you deflect, change the topic or engage in a personal attack. 

There are millions of Americans walking around thinking "hurr durr Fox bad" or "hurr durr CNN bad" and that's the end of the thought process/discussion. That's not enlightenment or critical thinking.
I agree. Both Fox and CNN get some things right. They get alot of things wrong. Assuming things they say are true or false is certainly a problem. A great example of this is "election fraud". There is no evidence that any significant amount of it occurred. Yet every single right wing news outlet is saying there was, and most of the people who consume that "news" believes it. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 I brought up my point and you attempted (multiple times) to deflect.
Okay, you probably were not taught this at school, but when you charge a person with bad points and they ask you which points?

that is not "deflection"

But if you insist on calling that deflection, I am going to continue to assume you are a mouth breather without a semblance of critical thinking skills.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
People are as people have always done.

And technology is now required to bring distraction to an even larger audience. 

Whilst todays thinkers, concentrate on other things.

Progress is what material evolution demands.

So nothing to deal with

It will be dealt with.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Tradesecret
There are over 1 billion sheep in the world... Sheep are a particularly useful domesticated animal because they can be a source of clothing & sustainable food (sheep milk + meat). 

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Tradesecret
Yeah, you tell them! Those sheep have had this coming for a long time, particularly the black ones. Who do they think they are? Just because they grow wool and starred in Babe alongside a pig who could herd them, they think they own the place. About time someone said it. #muttonnomore #baaramnope
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@whiteflame
#losethelamb #erasetheewe #obliteratetheovis 

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@MisterChris
#putthemouttopasture #sheepskinwallets #notmyhusbandry
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Tradesecret
I usually look toward evolutionary psychology when trying to understand the reasons underlying human behavior. Sometimes it's exceedingly obvious (e.g. why does a man get angry if another man is having sex with his girlfriend). And, off the cuff without doing any independent research, I would surmise that it relates to an evolved need for social acceptance as humans were dependent on it for survival, and greater social status led to acquiring more desireable mates (and still does). We're out of our element in a lot of ways. Not living in hunter gatherer tribes anymore, but I think we're "designed" to be that way.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Tradesecret
It boils down to this: There are three kinds of people in the world:
Make things happen
Watch what happens
Wonder what happened.

The third drawer down comprises sheep, at least, and is a heavily populated sock drawer. Sock puppets.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Tradesecret
This era is the Age of Man, Aquarius. Consciousness is at it's lowest level in the precession.