Pelostomy wants Congress to decalre the President incapacitated

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 33
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
So, the House, via Speaker Pelostomy, who has had a few essential things removed from her brain, has launched an effort to allow Congress to engage the 25A, according to Section 4 of that amendment. However, a few things stand in her way;
1.    The 25A allows for the President to declare his incapacity to discharge his duties.
2.    Section 4 allows for the VP, plus a majority of the Cabinet, to make such declaration.
3.    Section 4 also offers Congress to make legislation to appoint a commission to make the same declaration. However, to date, since the amendment’s ratification in 1967, Congress has never enacted such legislation. Today, in spite of Pelosotomy’s call for such legislation, that legislation does not exist. Such legislation would require Congress, both houses, to declare by 2/3 vote to declare the President incapacitated, but only if they have the legislation to do so. They don’t.
Too bad, Nancy. Got to plan accordingly for these things. But, doing your hair is so much more important in a pandemic, isn't it? Maybe she needs more removed? Is her hair doing her thinking for her these days? See Joe. He knows hair.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
I believe that she's launched an effort to call upon the vice president to declare the president incapable of executing his duties under the 25th amendment. I don't believe she's launched an effort for congress themselves to do so. Where did you hear of this?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
The mote in thy neighbor’s eye: Nancy Pelosi’s hair
The beam in thine own eye: Donald Trump’s hair

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
Looks like America has learned all she can from China and Russia how to eliminate political opposition.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
By using established Constitutional mechanisms?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
By using established Constitutional mechanisms
More like

By fraudentelly making a poor and weak case for using an established Constitutional mechanism 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Joe’s Hair

Jill asks me why I’m such a hairy guy,
I’m hairy night and day, enough for you to buy,
I’m hairy high and low; don’t ask; don’t know
Just stroke it smooth, t’will rise and show…
So, Darlin, give me head with hair,
Such long, beautiful hair,
Shining, gleaming, sniffing, flaxen, wax on,
Turn on, give me hair down to there
Hair that thrills when you stare,
Hair, baby, hair, momma, hair wherever,
Hair----
Show it, but don’t mow it, God, can I grow it!
Flies in the breeze, tangles in the trees,
Give a home to the fleas, a hive for the bees,
A nest for the birds, don’t they love my sniffing yours,
There ain’t no words for the wonders of coiffeurs,
Legs, hairy, pits, hairy, everywhere I’m hairy, Harry.
Hair…

©2019 by fauxlaw
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
 established Constitutional mechanisms?

the 4th section of the 25th amendment has never been used in the entire history of American politics.

Always time for a first though when elections are not enough to eliminate political opposition.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
So a Constitutional mechanism can't be used unless it's already been used before?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Pelostomy’s Hair

Paul asks me why I need my hair blown,
Covid? What’s that; I need my hair done,
My hair’s all wet; don’t ask; not known,
My pelostomy means my brain is blown
So, Darlin, give me head with hair,
Such flighty, tighty beautiful hair,
Shining, gleaming, sniffing, flaxen, wax on,
Turn on, give me hair blown to there
Hair that thrills when you stare,
Hair, baby, hair, pappa, hair wherever,
Hair----
Show it, but don’t mow it, God, can I grow it!
Flies in the breeze, tangles in the trees,
Give a home to the fleas, a hive for the bees,
A nest for the birds, don’t Joe love sniffing yours,
There ain’t no words for the wonders of coiffeurs,
Nan’s hairy, Joe’s hairy, every hair in all my pores,

Hair…

©2021 by fauxlaw
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
Always time for a first though when elections are not enough to eliminate political opposition.

Just don't pretend it's an established tradition.

Think of all the lives saved if Democrats could have just reversed the 1860 election results. Shoulda invoked the clause there for sure. Lincoln the insurrectionist.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
??? 

Just don't pretend it's an established tradition.
I said it was an established mechanism. That is, the mechanism is established in our Constitution. I fail to see how using the rules we have democratically agreed upon makes us like China and Russia. Can you explain

(Also, the 25th amendment wasn't around in Wilson's time so are you just trolling or not that well versed?)

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I fail to see how using the rules we have democratically agreed upon makes us like China and Russia. Can you explain

Are you really saying elections are the only way to eliminate political opposition in America? Shocking.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
No, I'm saying: "I fail to see how using the rules we have democratically agreed upon makes us like China and Russia."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
Because elections are not how China and Russia eliminate political opposition.

Would you like to learn more?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Pelostomy’s Lament

With eight days left to go
Donald Trump must still blow.
We said he could not candidate
We said he would not electate
We said no one would nominate
But 16 proved we made mistakes. 
We tried impeachment first day out
For walking Melania out and about,
The inaugurate was high, high crime
All his tweets not worth a dime
We said six months would be his end
We said one year would be his end
We said mid-term would be his end,
We said Muellergate would be his end
That Russiagate was the very end
We hoped a Storm would be his end
We threw impeachment in again
We said Ukraine was it, and then
I sent my kids, those keystone cops,
But Schiff and Nadler blew their tops
I’m at wits end, my hair’s a mess,
It’s blowout time; it’s in distress,
What now? I hear an old refrain…
Trump is still here, but where’s my brain?

©2021 by Faux Law

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, I'm explicitly asking you to tell me more. What is the Chinese/Russian method we are using?
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
So she isn't actually calling for congress to directly enact the 25th, only calling for Pence to enact the 25th, which is perfectly in line with the 25th amendment.

Would you agree that your characterisation of Pelosi's intelligence is therefore erroneous?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
This constitutional article could not be invoked at a better time in American history when public trust in elections is at an all-time high.
The inevitable mistrust in the election process using technicalities to eliminate political opposition won't have a noticeable effect on the trust of the public in traditional addressing grievances through elections.
The now new and improved system of addressing grievances through the use of constitutional fiats by the elites in DC will inspire further public confidence in all established systems to remove political opposition.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
I don't see the point. She raised the possibility of enacting legislation for a 25th amendment committee several months ago. She's not calling for the 25th amendment now on that basis. She's calling for the vice president to enact the 25th amendment. Everything seems in accordance with the law

Would you agree that your characterisation of Pelosi's intelligence is therefore erroneous?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
No. Although the allowance for Congress to entertain the engagement of the 25th on their initiation when the 25th was proposed in 1966, they have never seen fit to legislate it, perhaps thinking that "oversight" [a word that does not exist constitutionally, by the way] to remove a president but by impeachment, which Pelostomy was also irrational to attempt [what crime, high or low?} was a step too far for Congress, or else why didn't Congress write it into the amendment in the first place? So, why is Pelostomy thinking about it, now [even a few months ago? Because she hates Trump with an irrational loathing. So, no, my characterization of Pelostomy's intelligence is spot on.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
why is Pelostomy thinking about it, now
hmm, maybe because trump organized an attack on democracy by an armed mob on lunatics. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
I watched and listened, then read the transcript of Trump's speech. Nothing said incited the rational person to do anything but what he asked, to march peacefully to the Capital. Perhaps an irrational mind woulkd interpret something else, but that irrationality is on them. Show me the incitation. When Trump talks about "Fighting," it is not joe biden talking about going to the backyard woodshed. Is Biden inciting to riot? He would say "no." I accept him at his word. You progs, however, hear Trump say "fight," and you start swinging. So, who was it who stormed the Capital? Best wait for the FBI iinvestigation, yeah?

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
I watched and listened, then read the transcript of Trump's speech. Nothing said incited the rational person to do anything but what he asked
yeah, yeah i know. He could literally murder someone in front of you, splashing their brains across your face and you would find a way to defend him.

So, who was it who stormed the Capital?
trump's cultists. Why would that be in doubt?

Best wait for the FBI iinvestigation, yeah?
the FBI is rounding up and arresting trump cultists. Are you expecting them to somehow prove it wasn't really the trump supporters? Even though many, many of them admitted to it on camera, and facebook, and parlor, etc?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
Section 4 also offers Congress to make legislation to appoint a commission to make the same declaration
My reading of the amendment was that the body Congress can make would avoid the necessity of obtaining the declarations of the cabinet officers, not the VP's declaration.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
that's how I read the 25th, as well. Did I say anything different?
Death23
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
2.    Section 4 allows for the VP, plus a majority of the Cabinet, to make such declaration.
3.    Section 4 also offers Congress to make legislation to appoint a commission to make the same declaration
Yeah, probably just not proofread thoroughly. Not that you should bother expending the time proofreading that closely here. This isn't court or anything.
Death23
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
Anyway, I tend to agree with you that using the 25th that way isn't a very honest thing to do. It would still be constitutionally effective to remove Trump from power even with false written declarations. If there existed a greater good that would justify the means, then it may be appropriate in my eyes. I don't really see one, though. Trump seems to be planning a peaceful exit.