Surviving Death

Author: Polytheist-Witch

Total: 12
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Anyone watching this on Netflix? I have found the physical medium stuff cool since all the ones I've meet are mental mediums. I have yet to meet a trance medium too.  
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No but I will! I've actually been researching "I Survived Beyond and Back"....it's a great documentary, tons of testimonials and correlating medical facts and doctor eyewitnesses supporting OBE's (NDE's). Thanks, I'll check it out. People would be surprised how much evidence there is that supports the soul existing independent of the physical body. It's not just proposed by countless religious sources but reinforced by many examples of correlating evidence. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@EtrnlVw
I have been attendancing a Spiritualist church. They consider Spiritualism to be a science. That is why there are so many records from the beginning of the faith. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
They consider Spiritualism to be a science.

I've been trying to get people to see that spirituality is a science for over a decade. Spirituality is based upon observation not wishful thinking, there is a science involved only it's of a different nature. There's an objective reality that exists transcendent of the immediate physical sense perception, one that has a vast experience of variation.

That is why there are so many records from the beginning of the faith.

That's an understatement lol. It's true though, all the records are there for our personal access whenever we are ready to accept it.

I have been attendancing a Spiritualist church

Well it's all part of the reality that spiritism is a fact and obvious reality of creation, it goes with the territory. Spiritism spreads into just about every faction of religious sources, and even non-religious sources like NDE's and endless examples of correlating evidence that supports it. 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
It’s a JoJo reference.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
@Polytheist-Witch
And I keep trying to tell you that you create your own spirituality inside your brain....Which in terms of science, is understanding  human physiological function and processes in relation to excitement/stimulation.

There isn't really anything out there going Woooooooooo..........It's you creating Wooooooooo inside your brain.....Either because you want to, or because you are predisposed to.

And surviving death is a contradiction in terms.....One either dies or one survives.

Though resuscitation is a possibility within a certain timeframe and under certain conditions.

FLRW
FLRW

Spiritualists often set March 31, 1848, as the beginning of their movement. On that date, Kate and Margaret Fox, of Hydesville,  New York, reported that they had made contact with a spirit that was later claimed to be the spirit of a murdered peddler whose body was found in the house, though no record of such a person was ever found. The spirit was said to have communicated through rapping noises, audible to onlookers. The evidence of the senses appealed to practically-minded Americans, and the Fox sisters became a sensation. As the first celebrity mediums, the sisters quickly became famous for their public séances in New York.  However, in 1888 the Fox sisters admitted that this "contact" with the spirit was a hoax.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
What do they teach at your church? I am not familialar with that religion.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

ETRNLVW,

YOUR QUOTE: "It's not just proposed by countless religious sources but reinforced by many examples of correlating evidence."

For the validity of such a concept, give us at least 3 scientifically peered reviewed and non-religious sources.  Thank you. Please, don't run away like Tradesecret and ethang5, do all the time because you don't want to join their embarrassing runaway ways, do you? NO? I didn't think so.

ethang5
ethang5
If Dee Dee charged me for the space I occupy in his fevered noggin, I'd be poor and he'd be rich. Lol!
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
They teach that our spirit is unique and survives death. Any one can learn to be a medium or healer. Live by the golden rule, personal responsibility.  
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
One of the things I liked about PW was that like me, she was big on personal responsibility. All that atheist jawing about theists dodging personal responsibility while they dodged like champs got called out with her.