do you think the stupidity of violent trump supporters lessens their culpability?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 15
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
think of the guys who tried to kidnap the michigan govenor, or the capitol insurrectionists. these folks are brain washed and radicalized into crime. their issue is their own stupidity. they didn't have malicious intent for the sake of malicious intent. all that line of thinking, i confess, makes me think of them as less culpable than they could otherwise be thought of. of course they should be punished, i'm not saying otherwise... but just sayin is all. 

do you agree? 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@HistoryBuff
im curious of your opinion 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@n8nrgmi
their issue is their own stupidity. they didn't have malicious intent for the sake of malicious intent. all that line of thinking, i confess, makes me think of them as less culpable than they could otherwise be thought of.
I suppose this is true to an extent. But not a significant extent. They are choosing to believe nonsense, but they are still rational adults. IE not insane. they know right from wrong. They know what the law is. They know that attacking democracy or kidnapping government officials is wrong and very illegal. 

The fact that they chose to believe the nonsense isn't much of a defense. If someone murders their child because they dishonored the family, this is something that some cultures/religions say is severely punishable. Those beliefs do not excuse a murder. Similarly, choosing to be delusional does not reduce the magnitude of your crimes. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Are BLM rioters also brainwashed into cult violence?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Are BLM rioters also brainwashed into cult violence?
BLM protesters are people who have been actually victimized. They get stopped by police for no reason, they get insulted, attacked etc. Trump's cultists aren't victims of anything here. Nothing happened to them that made them violent traitors. They chose to be because their cult leader lied to them and convinced them they needed to literally attack democracy in order to protect their cult leader.

The 2 groups are very, very different. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The government victimized them.

And they didn't attack democracy, they attacked the government.

But that's cool, now that Trump supporters know you can only get away with attacking government police if your skin is dark, expect to see more blackface and black-clothed people so that they will be properly viewed as victims of the government and not brainwashed cultists. Maybe then the government police will think twice before shooting them in the neck.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The government victimized them.
by having an election? how exactly did that victimize them?

And they didn't attack democracy, they attacked the government.
they attacked the capitol on the day the results of a free democratic election were being counted with the express intent of preventing that from happening. Their goal was to prevent the result of a democratic election. That is attacking democracy. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
how exactly did that victimize them?

A bullet in the neck. She wouldn't have been shot if she was wearing black and had the proper skin color.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
I wonder when it was the last time people were called "brainwashed" when they asked authority for representation?

Probs 1776 and 1860.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
A bullet in the neck. She wouldn't have been shot if she was wearing black and had the proper skin color.
I'm assuming you are referring to the woman who was shot storming the capitol? She was engaged in sedition. Arguably treason. They were violently attack the US capitol while they tried to certify the election results.

It is a tragedy that anyone had to die for this. But they were attacking democracy. She has only herself and the liars who riled up that mob to blame. 

I wonder when it was the last time people were called "brainwashed" when they asked authority for representation?
we literally just had an election. The people voted for their representatives in November. So why were they murdering people to get what they already have?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I'm assuming you are referring to the woman who was shot storming the capitol? She was engaged in sedition. Arguably treason.

And the BLM people attacking the DC police were not? Okay. Just have to wear the right clothes I guess.

Attacking DC police is only treason if you are wearing a maga hat.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
And the BLM people attacking the DC police were not? Okay. Just have to wear the right clothes I guess.
no. the BLM protesters were very different. 

1) they had a real cause. They really do get discriminated against all the time. Trump's cultists are just pissed off the their cult leader lost an election and can't handle reality. 

2) they got attacked by the police while they were protesting. I won't claim all those protesters were peaceful. But alot of them were. The police attacked them anyway. No cop attacked trump's cultists as they marched on the capitol. Hell, most of the cops didn't do anything about it as traitors pushed their way inside to try to murder members of the government. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
they had a real cause. 

Like I said. Just have to get the right hat on and have the Government propaganda state media on your side.

Then it's okay to attack DC police and not worry about getting shot in the neck.
sadolite
sadolite
Do you think Biden supporters voting for people who protect pedophiles and child traffickers lessons their culpability?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
The 2 groups are very, very different. 
You're right, one group feeds off the lies of the MSM to incite racial riots leaving dozens dead, increased crime, and scores of innocent businesses destroyed while the other group takes control of the capital for a few hours and breaks and steals some stuff. 

They are different