Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 117
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
I misspoke when I said "visit," my role only works when being specifically investigated, which means it's likely scum has an investigate ability (or had if one of the fisher abilities from WF was to investigate)... maybe town has one too who knows.

It's essentially the same as this.

I know the wiki page says it's a scum role, but I am town.

warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Water was still defending him even as whiteflame was pretty close to being lynched though, so I think that makes him look town. Because if he had inside knowledge and knew whiteflame was scum, he wouldn't have been telling town to scum read me if it was a mislynch. It seems to show he didn't have inside info and was genuinely concerned we were mislynchign whiteflame I think. 
I'm not gonna read into it because I have trouble reading into anything water does, but I think that if anything that'd be scummier. Most players would have been getting on the whiteflame lynch or distancing themselves from whiteflame, but I don't assume water behaves like most other players, I think that he'd be defending a partner there
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
I actually provided some input at the end of the day phase. I still don't particularly like GP given it breaks his meta. If he's town then I'm happy I'm wrong but this feels like something I want to pursue until I am actually proved wrong. How many times have you not seen him claim instantly as town?

You're basically lock town, drafter pressuring Mikal also feels kinda town, I wanted to know more about the speed pressure.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
How many times have you not seen him claim instantly as town?
Twice, once as town and once as scum if my memory is correct
Speedrace
Speedrace
As town, this would be a counter to a possible maf rolecop, and would counter a possible town cop/rolecop/other investigative role

But for maf it literally works as a godfather
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
Ask Pie, if someone investigates you, what message do they receive
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
I misspoke when I said "visit," my role only works when being specifically investigated, which means it's likely scum has an investigate ability (or had if one of the fisher abilities from WF was to investigate)... maybe town has one too who knows.

It's essentially the same as this.

I know the wiki page says it's a scum role, but I am town.

Woah, woah, woah. Why didn't you say anything when I said your role was different from the mafiascum version here? You responded to me right after but didn't clarify that it was indeed the same role...

Secondly you spent the whole day phase referring to it as an investigation, not a visit. Repeatedly saying that mafia has a visiting role. You never once called it an investigation role. Why is that?

warren42
warren42
-->
@Greyparrot
Or scum killed someone who was pretty much guaranteed to be lock clear D2?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
Maybe...let's see what luna has to say
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
I actually provided some input at the end of the day phase. I still don't particularly like GP given it breaks his meta. If he's town then I'm happy I'm wrong but this feels like something I want to pursue until I am actually proved wrong. How many times have you not seen him claim instantly as town?
Maybe once? But I can't remember the game and I could be wrong. I feel like it was his next game after my recycled roles game where he was caught as scum right after. I specifically remember the topic being brought up again and him saying that he was going to stop doing it because people didn't like him instantly claiming. I distinctly remember this conversation, however can't find it anywhere. I got bored of looking for it the other day. Regardless, he did go back to dp1 full claiming afterwards. So yeah I still find it sus, though I really don't like the logic in general.

What I am more concerned about with him is, GP repeatedly used the word "visiting" instead of "investigating" all of last dp. Also the clarification after the fact and in mid conversation I brought up how his role was different from the MU version, and he didn't say anything, but is now clarifying it is the same...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
I misread the pm and then was copy-pasting the justification and missed what you said before
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
I'm not gonna read into it because I have trouble reading into anything water does, but I think that if anything that'd be scummier. Most players would have been getting on the whiteflame lynch or distancing themselves from whiteflame, but I don't assume water behaves like most other players, I think that he'd be defending a partner there
Even after the hammer? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
Do you just get the name of a visitor or are you told their affiliation?

I actually didn't know I messed up saying i can see people that visit me until you asked this and I went back to re-read my pm
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
I misread the pm and then was copy-pasting the justification and missed what you said before
You copied and pasted the justification, not paraphrased it? You mean in this post? 

Also when did you realize it was about investigators and not visitors?
Speedrace
Speedrace
VTL Greyparrot

I think this is an obvious scumslip

How is it that we've been saying his role is like the Gramps this entire time and he just now realizes that it's different
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
@WaterPhoenix
Any results before we lynch GP?
Lunatic
Lunatic
unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Vote Count:

Warren (1/5) - Greyparrot
Greyparrot (1/5) - Speed
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Based on what you said it was leading up to the hammer not after
warren42
warren42
Regarding GP yeah that's also concerning to me
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
He was still arguing with me about why I should be lynched if WF was town on the very last page
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Lunatic
nothing much to share, i want to see grey's response to this first before lynching him.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Greyparrot
how'd you not notice this?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WaterPhoenix
notice what?
Lunatic
Lunatic
So prior to the start of the game I was trying to convince pie to start with 11 so we didn't have to wait so long, I brought up how 11 players games are that wierd spot where 3 mafia is kind of balanced, but sometimes more mafia sided. He said he aims for designing games that give town three mislynches. I wonder if that accounts for the vig, and mikals roles? I am not sure if he went with three mafia here, or 2 and a third party.

Pie's history of games with over 11 players:

Narcos: 12 players, 3 mafia - Allows for four mislynches
13 reasons: 12 players,  3 mafia - Allows for four mislynches
Civil War generals: 12 players, 3 mafia (1 semi vig role with SA's bookie)  Allows for four mislynches (3 if vig works)
Legend of Zelda: 11 Players, 2 mafia, 1 third party (1 semi vig role with Lunas Avenger) Allows for 5 mislynches (4 if vig works)

So I definitely think he accounts (and overestimates) lynchable and killing roles like mine and mikal work. Probably counts them into the math relatively. Also this game was originally desinged around 12 players. Given legend of zelda, I don't think it's a stretch to assume 3 scum. Could be 2 and a third, which would suck, but oh well. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
bump. Any results?
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
So I'm looking at the player list, and everyone has been town read at some point.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
Do you think greyparrots lack of bringing up his role working for investigators is a town slip or a scum slip?
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Greyparrot
can u ask pie, if a cop investigates you, would the cop receive no result?

And you would receive "innocent" or "player X investigated you and is innocent?"
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
How he said his role works today is what it says on the wiki. So he's not lying right now. I think he can be careless both as town and scum but more likely town.