I'm taking bets on Kammie's engagement of the 25A

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 15
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
I'm taking bets on Kammie's engagement of the 25A, in fulfillment of the predicted [by Biden, for one] Harris administration. My personal bet: by 30 April, 2021; 100 days from inauguration.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
Biden's going to slip and fall on the way back down from the inauguration podium after he's sworn in. Old people fall down. Everyone knows that.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Death23
That's why Old Trumpy couldn't walk down steps.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Ok. Let's do it. Put your money where your mouth is.
Imabench
Imabench
- 90% of the reason Biden won the Dem nomination despite starting off poorly is because he closely and loyally tied himself to the Obama Administration 
- Harris dropped out of the race before Iowa took place, even after handily winning the first major debate in the Dem nomination cycle which put her on par with Warren and Harris polling-wise. 

If aspirations to become president is something Harris still values, then if anything she will remain fiercely loyal to Biden as long as required since thats how Biden got it and since she wasnt able to secure it on her own the first time around...... Shit, Biden may still opt to serve just 1 term then step away in 2024, so Harris may not  even have to wait on the sidelines very long.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
Put your money where your mouth is.
I believe I've laid my bet. Yours?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Imabench
Good point, but I wonder if Kammie's early exist was a push by the party promising her the brass ring even then...
I'm sure the Democrat Convention of 1952 is beyond your memory. look at it. The virtual convention of 2020 looked just like it, with a twist that the party allowed the nomination of Biden with a plan to rid themselves of him.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
You haven't. I'm saying, 50 real life American dollars using an agreed upon escrow service. Put your money where your mouth is. Money talks, bullshit walks. You in?
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@fauxlaw
Good point, but I wonder if Kammie's early exist was a push by the party promising her the brass ring even then...
Nah that happened because she A) appointed her sister to manage her campaign and she dropped the ball on that, and B) Couldnt make a namer for herself as a moderate (Buttigieg + Biden) or as a liberal (Sanders + Warren) 

I'm sure the Democrat Convention of 1952 is beyond your memory. look at it. The virtual convention of 2020 looked just like it, with a twist that the party allowed the nomination of Biden with a plan to rid themselves of him.
It does no use trying to compare the nomination conventions of two very different parties at two very different times (nearly 70 years ago). You might as well try comparing it to the assassination of Caesar since Caesar thought his assassins were his friends.  
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@fauxlaw
I'll go up to a thousand USD against your date, same escrow service as drafterman. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
@ludofl3x
I left gambling with money behind in my 20s. Didn't get rich by stuffing my face with money, bud. Sorry you have so little regard for your face, and your money. Why do you assume a bet is only valid with money? Argue for your limitations; they're yours.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
It's not a bet if there's nothing on the line, just hollow word.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
25A assumes hostile relationship between POTUS and VP.  I think Biden will resign if health concerns warrant- nor do I think that's unreasonable speculation for the oldest president ever. Biden said from the start that defeating Trump was his primary purpose and having achieved that,  I don't think he's too proud to drop out when the time comes.  If I was Biden I'd proceed as if time was short and would be giving Harris the whole of public relations from the start.  Put all the bad news on the president, all the good news on the VP.  If you can get Harris's popularity to pop (and how do we gauge popularity in an age of broken polling?) in a time of peace, that would be the time to transfer power.  The advantage of incumbency in any election recommends no later than Summer '23.   Perhaps the best approach would be to plan to last until the mid-term elections.  If Democrats lose ground (which is what usually happens in mid-terms) Biden can take the blame as he goes.

On the other hand, I saw Biden running around on the parade route today and thought, yeh, you'd never see Trump run like that.  Biden may be fine for the whole four years. One thing Trump's incumbency taught us is that Presidents get much better health care than the rest of us.  My bet is that Biden outlives Trump.  Look at Carter- one of the few advantages of virtue is long life.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Virtue is a quality that extends beyond sex. Biden = virtue? Uhhhh.... I'll disagree.

183 days later

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
This thread aged well.