United States House of Representatives Mafia DP3

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 196
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Lynched DP1:

Whiteflame - You are Don Young from Alaska’s At Large District. As the most senior member of Congress, you are the Dean of House of Representatives, representing Alaska for more than four decades. Your large amount of experience has allowed you to join a plethora of Congressional Committees to better serve your constituents in Alaska. Most of these have to do with nature and the environment because of the high amount of self-reliance in Alaska. Your appointment to the House Natural Resources Committee helps you frame the reauthorization of national fisheries legislation. You are the MAFIA FISHERMAN. Each day you may “fish” to gain a one-shot ability for the night from a list of possible choices: xxxxxx. You may save and use any ability that you have gained whenever you like, but once it is used, you may never use or fish for that ability again. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP1:

Elminster - You are Cheri Bustos from Illinois’ 17th Congressional District. As the Chair of Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), you were in charge of getting your fellow House Democrats re-elected to hold on to the House of the Representatives. Even though you were the 5th highest ranking House Democrat, you failed miserably in your task, giving your boss the smallest House Majority in decades. To be fair to you though, it wasn’t your fault your party campaigned on Defunding the Police, which destroyed moderate House Democrats; you better hope your district doesn’t become more conservative in the process of gerrymandering with the 2020 Census. You are the SCAPEGOAT. If there is ever a tie (no matter the number of votes) in voting at the end of a DP on a No Lynch or VTNL day, you will automatically be lynched. You win with the Town

MisterChris - You are Ed Case from Hawaii’s 1st Congressional District. Hawaii as a state shifted most to the right in the 2020 Presidential Election, which was really interesting. Your colleague Tulsi Gabbard whom I respect tremendously sadly retired. As a Blue Dog Democrat, you’re one of the key parts in working out compromise with your colleagues on the other side of the aisle. With a position on the powerful House Appropriations Committee, you are key to bipartisan legislation especially right now when government shutdowns loom. You are the APPORTIONER. Each night you may select a player. If your target is killed on that night, that person’s life will be extended and they will survive until the next night. Once you do this successfully, you will permanently lose your ability. You win with the Town

Lynched DP2:

Greyparrot - You are Harold Rogers from Kentucky’s 5th Congressional District. Not many people really know you even though you have played a significant role in the House of Representatives. For a long time you were part of the Tennessee Valley Authority Congressional Caucus because of your state and its relationship with the act. Currently you are part of the Congressional Coal Caucus because Kentucky obtains 90% of its electricity from coal burning and it's something you know a lot about. Electricity and energy is like your thing, which makes we wonder why you’re nor a part of the House Energy Committee. You are the MAFIA ELECTRICIAN. You cannot be investigated; if you do get investigated you will receive the identity of who tried to investigate you. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP2:

SupaDudz - You are Hakeem Jeffries from New York’s 8th District. You really are very vocal about things especially the President of the United States. As the Democratic Caucus Chairman, you’re in charge of keeping track of meetings and policy initiatives discussed at those meetings. Your predecessor Joseph Crowley was primaried by the infamous Alexandria Ocasió-Cortez, and thanks to her you have a great job. Early in 2020, you were an impeachment manager over the whole Ukraine nothingburger, but the Senate voted to acquit President Trump of all charges anyways. I was genuinely surprised when Nancy Pelosi didn’t choose you as a manager for the 2021 impeachment. You are the 1x TRACKER. For one night you may choose a player. You will learn who that person visited in the night. You win with the Town.

The House of Representatives is now in session for three days. 

Per the House Rules Article IV Section 2 Clause 5 the order of today’s business is a role madness mafia game. Per the proceedings, a member of Congress may be expelled if a majority of the members vote to have them removed from office.

The clerk will call role:

Mr. Drafterman
Mr. Lunatic
Mr. Warren
Mr. Bullish
Mr. Speed
Mr. WaterPhoenix

The House of Representatives will adjourn in three days time on Saturday January 23rd, 2021 at 1:30 PM CST.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
@Bullish
@warren42
@Speedrace
The House is now in session
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Lez go
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
VTL warren
warren42
warren42
-->
@drafterman
I more or less started the wagon and didn't want to hammer 24 hours into a 72 hour phase. I pray to god that that's not the reason you're voting me
warren42
warren42
I also hard claim deputy, as I am (or was, maybe not anymore, regardless) the deputy chief whip. If this claim is believed then the cop can out their results and the game is solved
warren42
warren42
Cop has two innocents, assuming one isn't me it's 4v2 game over. If one is me then 3v3 confirmed vs not
warren42
warren42
Also Supa was a terrible kill lmao
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Why warren?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Vote Count:

Warren (1/4) - Drafter
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Bullish
@WaterPhoenix
Results?
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I am really happy I didn't die last night. Lol for clarification I planted seeds that I suspected drafter was behind the kill in hopes mafia would leave me alive to mislynch him. I fully agree with what bullish said about hiding your reads when you already have a clear direction in GP. I was semi confident GP would flip scum after the revelation that pie doesn't put scum roles on town team after researching his past few games.

So here's where I am at with the revelation that GP is scum. I think GP kinda slipped up when he asked who elminsters scum reads are. I responded with the qoute of elminsters reads at the time which were: Speed, water, and warren. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5504-united-states-house-of-representatives-mafia-dp1?page=21&post_number=525

I actually think GP was trying to appear town there by guessing at the mafia motives like that; I've seen scum do it before, and I caught warren doing something similar in a virt game. I think the last scum is in that pile. Speed, water and warren. I currently have no scum vibes from bullish and I've considered drafter townie from dp1. 

So out of the three, in order of scummiest to least scummy, I think it goes Warren as my top scum read, Speed as my second most, and water as my least.

I maintain water wouldn't have wanted to be trying to paint me as the next mislynch if whiteflame flipped town, because that would backfire on him. He was also giving a lot of town cred to whiteflame at the end. Whiteflame seemed like a for sure lynch at that point, scum would have wanted to be on that wagon at that point, not attempting to discredit the people on it. And I don't think water is big brained enough to pull reverse psychology for exactly this type of a read. 

If it is speed, then he hard bussed both of his scum mates so far. Not that this is beyond him, but the whiteflame lynch he was on pretty early. He was one of the early supporters of the lynch along with mikal and myself, and lets be honest, whiteflames lynch wasn't impossible to deter. The reasoning for it was relatively weak in the grand scheme of things (even though I still think it displayed him as scum obviously) that was a lynch he didn't have to partake on. He loses a slight bit of town cred on the Greyparrot lynch, since at the beginning of day phase 2 he was trying town read GP, but it didn't take much for him to change his mind on GP, and when he did decide to get on GP he was on him hard.

Warren seeded that he was interesting in pressuring pie in post 33, but never put weight or much support behind the idea. It looks like he was waiting to see if the situation was salvageable. Warren also was trying to discredit my town read of waterphoenix, if scum he wants to keep him as a mislynch option, which is ironically more of a reason I kind of town read water. The final thing that looks scummy to me about warren is that he was worried about being accused of waffling. Town shouldn't be pre-empting arguments that they think make them look scummy in my opinion, their concern should be with figuring out who scum are. Warren could have been trying to salvage things or delay the inevitable to get more POE information. 

Ultimately warren seems scummier, but I've been played by speed hard before. Speed is capable of bussing, but man if he did bus this game, he was kind of ruthless. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I want claims from water, speed, and warren at this time. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
Claimed

Drafterman - ???? - Strengthener
Lunatic - Lauren Boebert - 1x Vig
Bullish - From Florida/Not GOP

Unclaimed

Speed
Warren
WaterPhoenix

Lunatic
Lunatic
Claimed

Warren- -???- Deputy whip

Unclaimed

Speed
WaterPhoenix

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
character?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
I disagree in that I think Bullish is easily a candidate. But we should let the Cop out. I'm Adam Smith and I'm the Soldier
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
How did you "Start" the wagon? You mean on GP? GP dug his own grave, you never voted him, and wanted to drag out the day phase and made sure everyone knew they couldn't use the waffling argument on you by pre empting it.

warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
See this is why I was frustrated that you were suspecting me D1 and D2 for inactivity. I came in and character claims immediately when I was like oh hey I haven’t been on yet! Sorry about that but I guess I should probably immediately character claim. Grey pointed out oh that seems like a doc soft claim and I got pissed at him I was like why the fuck would you point that out if it was, it isn’t but why would you put it out if it was

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
I disagree in that I think Bullish is easily a candidate. But we should let the Cop out. I'm Adam Smith and I'm the Soldier
Can you paraphrase the justification?
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
I called greyparrot out D1. You clearly didn’t read my posts D1 and just said “no activity” cause that was easier
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
It's that I'm the chair of a house army committee
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
See this is why I was frustrated that you were suspecting me D1 and D2 for inactivity. I came in and character claims immediately when I was like oh hey I haven’t been on yet! Sorry about that but I guess I should probably immediately character claim. Grey pointed out oh that seems like a doc soft claim and I got pissed at him I was like why the fuck would you point that out if it was, it isn’t but why would you put it out if it was

Being mad at grey for for being grey doesn't constitute starting the wagon on him lol.

Also I didn't suspect you dp1 and 2, or openly say I did. I pinged you for activity multiple times to give me content so I could read you. Interesting you jumped to the conclusion I scum you.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Mr. Drafterman
Mr. Lunatic
Mr. Warren
Mr. Bullish
Mr. Speed
Mr. WaterPhoenix

I sus Bullish, Water, then Warren. One of them is the cop though which leaves us with just 2 people to lynch which is a win

warren42
warren42

Here’s my D1 character claim
Lunatic
Lunatic
Claimed

Warren- Drew Ferguson from Georgia- Deputy

Unclaimed

Speed
WaterPhoenix

warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
That isn’t what I said. I discussed how his claim was suspicious D1 cause he didn’t immediately claim. I proceeded with this D2 and then people immediately piled on. I didn’t want to hammer so quickly. So now, even though Grey was my strongest scumread and has been since D1, I look bad because his scum partner probably hopped on the wagon.

Scumreading me may have been a bit too far but you said this and have made it very clear that you just didn’t read anything I posted D1
warren42
warren42
Speed if you’re cop out. I assume it’s water at this point though.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
I called greyparrot out D1. You clearly didn’t read my posts D1 and just said “no activity” cause that was easier
I just control+F your name through every page of dp1 looking through your posts. "Called greyparrot out" in that you asked him why he would publicly ask if you are doc. You never mentioned scum reading him or voted him for that matter. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Speed if you’re cop out. I assume it’s water at this point though.
It's Bullish or Water unless Bullish claimed already and I missed it
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
That isn’t what I said. I discussed how his claim was suspicious D1 cause he didn’t immediately claim. I proceeded with this D2 and then people immediately piled on. I didn’t want to hammer so quickly. So now, even though Grey was my strongest scumread and has been since D1, I look bad because his scum partner probably hopped on the wagon.

Scumreading me may have been a bit too far but you said this and have made it very clear that you just didn’t read anything I posted D1

I just went through all your dp1 posts, and still don't see any discussion about grey being your strongest scum read. Can you link the post?