mask mandate

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 21
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw

Hours later, Biden is at Lincoln Memorial, maskless - a visual gaffe:   https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/biden-maskless-at-lincoln-memorial-hours-after-mandate/

The Lincoln is no longer federal property. As Jim Nabors once said, "Shazam!"
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I guess if you never visited you might be forgiven for not knowing that the Lincoln Memorial is an outdoor venue.  I'm surprised that nobody at InfoWars, NYPost, or FOX has ever been to the Lincoln Memorial, though.

Oh wait.  No I'm not.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
The president signed more than a dozen executive orders and memos Wednesday evening, including one that mandates mask-wearing for federal employees and contractors while inside government buildings and on federal lands.

Does a Libtard own the deed to the Lincoln Monument? How about the Land that it is on?

Let me cunsult Fackcheck MSM crony propaganda news. BRB.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi

The EO does not mention the mandate is not required if outdoors. The Lincoln Memorial, however, does qualify as a Federal Building, and it is on Federal land.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
I'm assuming this is the guideline you mean. It specifically says that they should follow CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks and social distancing. Does the CDC recommend wearing a mask when outdoors and remaining socially distant? Unless you can prove that, then he hasn't broken this. 

"The heads of executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall immediately take action, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to require compliance with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures by:  on-duty or on-site Federal employees; on-site Federal contractors; and all persons in Federal buildings or on Federal lands."
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Unless you can prove that, then he hasn't broken this. 
I have. The Lincoln Memorial is a building and it is on Federal land. Biden's EO does not mention the distinction of "outisde" and you should not infer it, CDC be damned,  because Biden did stipulate federal buildings and land as being sites where masks must be worn.

According to definitions.uslegal.com, a "building" is “any structure intended for shelter, housing, or enclosure of persons, animals, or chattels." The Lincoln fits this definition, and it sits on federal land. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
I have. The Lincoln Memorial is a building and it is on Federal land. 
ok. please show the specific CDC recommendation that he broke. Where he was is meaningless if the CDC does not specifically recommend wearing a mask outdoors and while socially distancing. 

You keep saying he broke the CDC guideline. Show me the guideline he broke. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
You keep saying he broke the CDC guideline. Show me the guideline he broke. 
Poor reading effort. Poor comprehensiomn effort. YOU brought up CDC, not me. I never mentioned the CDC as the guideline Biden broke. I'm speaking of his EO #1. I even cited it in my #4. I never cited the CDC. Some buff. Cream puff, maybe.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Poor reading effort. Poor comprehensiomn effort. YOU brought up CDC, not me. I never mentioned the CDC as the guideline Biden broke. I'm speaking of his EO #1. I even cited it in my #4. I never cited the CDC. Some buff. Cream puff, maybe.
No, you seem to misunderstand me. Biden's order was to wear masks as relating to CDC guidelines. I showed you the exact text. I didn't bring up the CDC, Biden's order did. So you tell me which CDC recommendation he broke, or you are wrong and he didn't violate his Executive order. 

Here is the text of the order again. Please note it says it requires compliance with CDC guidelines. Not that everyone must always wear a mask. 

"The heads of executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall immediately take action, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to require compliance with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures by:  on-duty or on-site Federal employees; on-site Federal contractors; and all persons in Federal buildings or on Federal lands."
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Biden's order was to wear masks as relating to CDC guidelines.

"When around others" is the CDC guideline for wearing masks, even outside, and according to his own EO. The above is Biden, around others, NOT wearing a mask. period. CDC be damned, he "says" by his actions, and in spite of his EO.  This guy is a moral pervert.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
"When around others" is the CDC guideline for wearing masks, even outside, and according to his own EO. The above is Biden, around others, NOT wearing a mask. period. CDC be damned, he "says" by his actions, and in spite of his EO.  This guy is a moral pervert.
jesus christ you are just out to damn him for anything and everything you can think of. He puts in place a policy to try to prevent the spread of a deadly pandemic and you are going to try spin that into an attack on him. I wasn't aware that trying to save the lives of the American people makes you a "moral pervert". Really shows the priorities of republicans that someone who refuses to take a global pandemic seriously can be some sort of a hero, but the guy who actually does try to take it seriously is the problem.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Is turn-about suddenly not fair play? Seems Trump endured five years of crap. Time for somebody else, and Hidin' Biden fits the gap, Jack.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Is turn-about suddenly not fair play? Seems Trump endured five years of crap. Time for somebody else, and Hidin' Biden fits the gap, Jack.
Trump spent years abusing his power, lying to virtually everyone and causing massive damage the country. Did he deserve all the crap he got, no. But he deserves the vast majority of it. 

Biden put in place an order designed to save lives and you are trying to paint that as a bad thing. It shows you don't actually care what biden does or how he does it. You are just looking for any thin excuse to criticize him. If you have a criticism of him that has some merit, great. He is certainly going to do stuff that is stupid or terrible. But to take shots at him for doing something trump should have done a long time ago makes you look like you just a hyper partisan. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
It shows he’s a fuckin hypocrite who thinks he’s above his own rules just like his goons in Democratic states who broke their own stay at home order.

Biden has no right to lecture me if he can’t follow is own fuckin rules lmao

but the guy who actually does try to take it seriously is the problem.
Joe Biden is the problem when he broke his own rules
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ILikePie5
@HistoryBuff
Pie's argument is sufficient for me. You've [Buff] managed to bore me. You've plenty of straw collected. Make a man.
Thank you, Pie.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
It shows he’s a fuckin hypocrite who thinks he’s above his own rules
that photo is his swearing in as president. If there is a more important ceremonial moment, i'm not sure what it would be. If any exception were to be made, that would be it. 

just like his goons in Democratic states who broke their own stay at home order.
I agree alot of people broke that order. But you seem to be throwing stones at democrats for breaking it but are perfectly fine with republicans who actively worked to kill people by not enacting the kinds of rules needed to keep covid in check. 

Joe Biden is the problem when he broke his own rules
over 400,000 americans are dead from covid. That is the problem. Biden has had no way of fighting that until now. Trump could have. He chose not to. That is a much, much more serious problem. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Pie's argument is sufficient for me. You've [Buff] managed to bore me. You've plenty of straw collected. Make a man.
Thank you, Pie.
lol imagine that, someone on the right likes it when someone echo's back their own thoughts to them. I'm shocked.... it's no wonder conservatives haven't had a new idea in decades. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
over 400,000 americans are dead from covid.

Good luck getting current Covid death figures from CNN since CNN has declared an internal ban on scaring the public with rolling covid death counts now that the proper person is in control of Washington DC.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
 a new idea in decades. 
only decades? And I'm still increasing my net worth? You? While progressives haven't thought since 1848.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
a new idea in decades. 
only decades?
my point exactly. They are a part of a bygone era when the sole point of a political party was to serve the wealthy. They don't have any new ideas because they succeeding in created a system that almost exclusively serves the rich. Why anyone who isn't a millionaire votes republican is more of a mystery. 

While progressives haven't thought since 1848.
this doesn't even make sense. Progressives' platforms update all the time. For example there have been multiple plans on how to improve healthcare in america coming from the left. The right has absolutely no plans about this despite having over a decade to come up with them. Trump promised over and over and over that a healthcare plan would be announced within days. But nothing ever came, because the right has no ideas. Their only ideas are cutting taxes on the rich and gutting government services. If a problem can't be solved by doing those things (and almost no problems can be solved doing those things) then the right has absolutely no idea what to do. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Progressives' platforms update all the time.
Never read Marx, did you? Read anybody but Marvel Comics