Trump Deserves Credit For This

Author: Danielle

Total: 41
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
After campaigning on a pledge to "drain the swamp," when Trump took office he signed an executive order that included a 5-year lobbying ban which prevents officials from lobbying the agency they worked for 5 years after leaving office. Of course there were provisions and loopholes, but for the most part, this was a good move. 

Then hours before Trump left office, he revoked his own executive order thereby allowing government officials to become lobbyists. 

Granted Trump's executive order was largely ineffective in the first place, with at least 33 former administration officials sidestepping the lobbying restrictions according to ProPublica. But by rescinding his ethics order and letting his staffers immediately become lobbyists, the man who pledged to drain the swamp took a giant step to fill it. We know that Trump believes having administration officials turned lobbyists = swampy because he said so when he signed the order. 

The White House has been outwardly cavalier about its ethical behavior (having been accused of illegally violating the Hatch Act dozens of times). In an interview with Politico, Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows argued that “nobody outside of the Beltway really cares” about ethics violations. It looks like he's right! 

The fact that Trump can have the diehard allegiance of millions despite routinely mocking their intelligence is something I have come to admire, or rather, revere. These low-information sheep don't even realize they should be trying to reconcile this pro swamp move with Mr. Drain the Swamp. They're too deeply invested in this cult of personality to accept how comically absurd it is that they fell for some aristocrat whose lived in a New York City penthouse his whole life being the savior and mouthpiece for the everyday working class American who struggles to put food on the table. These folks actually believe Mr. Silver Spoon whose obsessed with celebrity and riches somehow wouldn't prioritize his crony friends over righteousness. They just can't grasp that Donald Trump is ever a politician (phony, self-aggrandizing and perpetually lying) as there ever was. I'm impressed. There won't be another master manipulator like Trump for a very long time. 
Danielle
Danielle
What exactly has Trump done to stick it to the elites? 

From early in his presidential campaign, Donald Trump swore he’d do away with the so-called carried-interest loophole: the notorious tax break that allows highly compensated private-equity managers, real estate investors and venture capitalists to be taxed at a much lower rate than other professionals. “They’re paying nothing, and it’s ridiculous,” Trump said in August 2016. “These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky.” He concluded, “they're getting away with murder.”

Yet the sweeping tax legislation enacted by Republicans during Trump's tenure left the treatment of carried interest untouched

This begs the question: why has Trump been such a devastatingly profound failure at draining the swamp? Is it because he is utterly incompetent and routinely lies to his brainwashed supporters, OR is it because he is corrupt and personally benefits from the status quo? 🤔
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Danielle
why has Trump been such a devastatingly profound failure at draining the swamp? Is it because he is utterly incompetent and routinely lies to his brainwashed supporters, OR is it because he is corrupt and personally benefits from the status quo? 
I think your 2 points are kind of blurred. IE I'd say the lying goes with the corruption. He lied to his followers and had no intention of carrying through because he is corrupt and he and his friends benefit. 

He is also incompetent/lazy. I'm sure he meant some of the promises he made during the campaign (when he said them at least). But once he got elected he surrounded himself with cookie cutter right wing republican insiders and Goldman Sachs execs. So all the policy that came from his Administration was cookie cutter right wing policy that has been fucking things up since Regan. If trump were an intelligent and hard working man, he would have actually fought for the things that he said he would do. But trump is extremely lazy and stupid. So he let other people do that stuff for him, and the people he picked had absolutely no intention of doing those things. 

Danielle
Danielle
Trump has a superiority complex. To think he would ever "level the playing field" and put himself or his friends in the same category as the average Joe is laughably stupid. He never had any intention of rewriting the rules or playing by the rules in such a way that would not benefit him or his cronies. That's why his cult espousing their AnTi CoRrUpTiOn, DrAiN tHe SwAmP nonsense is so sad. Some of them actually believed Trump was against "the elites" which he prides himself being. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Trump is the type of dude to date a woman's ex boyfriend just to prove that he's superior, only to realise all too late that this would make him bisexual, at which point he'd deny that they dated and say it was 'a tiny occasion, just him meeting me and you know, it was not all that.'

I am only slightly exaggerating.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@HistoryBuff
Trump isn't lazy, he's a formerly high functioning sociopath who has become a low functioning sociopath over time due to mental debilitation, I think he's developed dementia to be honest. He used to think like a secret agent, now he thinks like a thug.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
Trump isn't lazy, he's a formerly high functioning sociopath who has become a low functioning sociopath over time due to mental debilitation
I disagree, not about the sociopath part. But he has a list of failed businesses behind him. Most of the successes he has had were either 1) businesses other people ran for him or 2) businesses that are all about flash and showmanship. 

Which leads me to his only real talent, he is a showman. He knows how to read what people want you to say and then feed it back to you. Trump's businesses were failing, he wasn't doing well and was kind of a joke as a businessman right up to the "Art of the deal", which he didn't write, and the Apprentice. And he was mostly picked for the apprentice because he was a showman and no actual successful businessman would do it since they had to actually run their businesses. 

I don't think trump was ever "smart". He inherited alot of money and businesses from his father and hired people to do stuff for him. I think he has always been lazy and stupid, he just managed to hire people who weren't entirely stupid. But once he got elected, the people he picked to do stuff for him all had their own agenda and he was too lazy and stupid to pay attention to what they were doing because they kept him distracted with other stuff (golfing, fox news interviews, giving out medals etc)
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I was going to post till I saw this was a thread for TDS sufferers to get support for their withdrawal symptoms through nonprofessional analysis  of Trump's mental state.

Never mind.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@ethang5
I was going to post till I saw this was a thread for TDS sufferers to get support for their withdrawal symptoms through nonprofessional analysis  of Trump's mental state.

Never mind.
People don’t understand politics my guy. Mitch McConnell and his establishment cronies blackmailed him into rescinding it. It’s so obvious lol. Anyone who has watched House of Cards would know this
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@ILikePie5
House of cards. Man, that was a good show. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
People don’t understand politics my guy. Mitch McConnell and his establishment cronies blackmailed him into rescinding it. It’s so obvious lol. Anyone who has watched House of Cards would know this
man, trump cultists really love excuses. Oh trump is so great, it's not his fault he is a massive failure who abandoned his campaign promises it is those mean, nasty (insert random group here)!! trump would have done great things if it weren't for (insert random group here). 

Trump is a failure of a president. He made promises, then did absolutely nothing about them. He filled his cabinet with corrupt men and just did the policies they told him to. Whether he was lying and never cared about those promises or he was a weak/stupid man is up for debate. But his complete failure is pretty clear. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
man, trump cultists really love excuses. Oh trump is so great, it's not his fault he is a massive failure who abandoned his campaign promises it is those mean, nasty (insert random group here)!! trump would have done great things if it weren't for (insert random group here). 
You don’t understand politics my friend. It’s not a nice realm to be in

Trump is a failure of a president. He made promises, then did absolutely nothing about them. He filled his cabinet with corrupt men and just did the policies they told him to. Whether he was lying and never cared about those promises or he was a weak/stupid man is up for debate. But his complete failure is pretty clear. 
Yup, just like Biden and his Treasury Secretary protecting their comrades on Wall Street. Ever wonder why Wall Street funded Biden and not Trump. Corruption 101
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Yup, just like Biden and his Treasury Secretary protecting their comrades on Wall Street. Ever wonder why Wall Street funded Biden and not Trump. Corruption 101
Yeah I just heard about how Biden got the SEC to shut down trading when his crony buddies were getting fucked

Man hasn't been president for a few weeks before pulling his first major corruption stunt.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah I just heard about how Biden got the SEC to shut down trading when his crony buddies were getting fucked

Man hasn't been president for a few weeks before pulling his first major corruption stunt.
This is what real corruption looks like. Wake up call for all the lefties after yelling Orange Man Bad for 4 years
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
It gets funnier. Biden’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki has a brother named Jeffery Psaki. Jeffery is a portfolio manager at Citadel Inc.. which is a hedge fund that suffered the most recently.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

It gets funnier. Biden’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki has a brother named Jeffery Psaki. Jeffery is a portfolio manager at Citadel Inc.. which is a hedge fund that suffered the most recently.
Raggedy Ann's response to the market freeze is that because there is a woman in the position, then everything is going to be just fine. Trust her.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Most of the Billionaires that elect Democrats and Establishment RINOs are Hedge fund managers betting on economic downturns so they can short the market, and then the market goes to shit when Washington Elites destroy jobs with crony legislation that they use their media to call "saving the planet" or "protecting Democracy" or some other fucked up misnomer suggesting it's "compassionate" to destroy the economy.

All they really are doing is making sure the top one percent hedge fund army gets filthy rich Shorting America while normal people lose their shirts. 

Say his name.

George Soros.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
You don’t understand politics my friend. It’s not a nice realm to be in
lol trump massively failed and you still defend him. But someone I'm the one who doesn't understand politics? sure...

so you acknowledge that trump is a failure because he appointed corrupt people and then didn't do anything to reign them in. is that correct?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
lol trump massively failed and you still defend him. But someone I'm the one who doesn't understand politics? sure...
He didn’t fail at anything. You think he failed because of your cronies in the media who spoon feed you everything you say here. And yes you don’t understand politics. It’s cutthroat. You literally need to watch House of Cards lol.

so you acknowledge that trump is a failure because he appointed corrupt people and then didn't do anything to reign them in. is that correct?
The GameStop stuff isn’t happening under Trump. It’s happening under President Joe Biden and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen who are both funded by Wall Street. Oh did I mention the Press Secretary’s brother lost billions for his hedge fund? Guess who’s fighting the people? Joe Biden and his Wall Street cronies.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
He didn’t fail at anything. 
oh, so the swamp was drained was it? corruption ended? I somehow don't think thats true. Not to mention he failed to win re-election after his disasterous 1st term, and he failed to come up with any proposal at all (let alone implement) health care reform like he kept promising. 

It’s cutthroat. You literally need to watch House of Cards lol.
so you think i need to go and watch a fictional TV show in order to understand politics? But having watched trump make promises that he completely failed to deliver on, or even try to deliver, that isn't something I should look at?

The GameStop stuff isn’t happening under Trump. It’s happening under President Joe Biden and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen who are both funded by Wall Street. 
we weren't even talking about that. But since you brought it up, this has absolutely nothing to do with Joe Biden. The government hasn't done anything at all. So if the system is corrupt, then it was corrupt under Trump. I seem to recall him promising to drain the swamp... funny how everything is still prettty swampy.

Guess who’s fighting the people? Joe Biden and his Wall Street cronies.
Again, what does this have to do with Joe Biden? He hasn't weighed in on this situation at all as far as I know. So why do you think he is somehow corrupt for something he has nothing to do with?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
oh, so the swamp was drained was it? corruption ended? I somehow don't think thats true. Not to mention he failed to win re-election after his disasterous 1st term, and he failed to come up with any proposal at all (let alone implement) health care reform like he kept promising. 
It was obvious he was fighting the Swamp lol. If you didn’t realize that in the last 4 years you’re blind lol. Wall Street was against him. The media was against him. Hell the Establishment Republicans were against him.

so you think i need to go and watch a fictional TV show in order to understand politics? But having watched trump make promises that he completely failed to deliver on, or even try to deliver, that isn't something I should look at?
Yes you actually should go watch it to understand how cutthroat these people are. It’s all politics is: screwing people over for your own gain. Why the hell do you think Trump got unified resistance from the elites lol.

we weren't even talking about that. But since you brought it up, this has absolutely nothing to do with Joe Biden. The government hasn't done anything at all. So if the system is corrupt, then it was corrupt under Trump. I seem to recall him promising to drain the swamp... funny how everything is still prettty swampy.
What lol. The fact that Joe Biden’s SEC isn’t doing anything is telling in itself. I wonder why they aren’t doing anything. Oh right cause they’re all funded by Wall Street. 

Again, what does this have to do with Joe Biden? He hasn't weighed in on this situation at all as far as I know. So why do you think he is somehow corrupt for something he has nothing to do with?
That’s the point lol. He’s letting Robinhood and Wall Street screw over your average Joe because it benefits his cronies on Wall Street. The people that funded his campaign have to get something back from The Big Man
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
The whole GameStop debacle is Trump’s fault. Orange Man so bad he didn’t do anything about even thought he’s not in office anymore
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
It was obvious he was fighting the Swamp lol.
how? what specifically did he do to fight "the swamp"? he gave the rich tax cuts, he appointed tons of corrupt "swamp people" to critical roles where they protected their swamp friends. 

Hell the Establishment Republicans were against him.
of course they were. but because he was an electoral liability. As shown by him losing the house, senate and presidency under his leadership. His policies were cookie cutter republican, corrupt bullshit. 

Yes you actually should go watch it to understand how cutthroat these people are. It’s all politics is: screwing people over for your own gain. Why the hell do you think Trump got unified resistance from the elites lol.
so your point is that he is too weak/stupid to accomplish things because much smarter people stopped him? Keeping in mind he appointed alot of those people.

What lol. The fact that Joe Biden’s SEC isn’t doing anything is telling in itself. I wonder why they aren’t doing anything. Oh right cause they’re all funded by Wall Street. 
so the SEC hasn't stepped in to help hedge funds, so therefore Biden is corrupt.... do you think you are making sense, because you aren't. 

That’s the point lol. He’s letting Robinhood and Wall Street screw over your average Joe because it benefits his cronies on Wall Street. The people that funded his campaign have to get something back from The Big Man
what would they have done? They would need to investigate to determine if they have broken any rules. It isn't clear that they did. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
so the SEC hasn't stepped in to help hedge funds, so therefore Biden is corrupt.... do you think you are making sense, because you aren't. 

Lol, They most certainly DID step in to help Hedge funds by allowing the Robinhood freeze on buying but not selling. You have no idea what is going on obviously.
Go back to watching sleepytime with CNN.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The whole GameStop debacle is Trump’s fault. Orange Man so bad he didn’t do anything about even thought he’s not in office anymore.

It's Trump's fault for getting Biden elected to crash the American economy forcing Biden's hedge buddies to get rich off the scraps even though you know they fucking care about poor people.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
It's Trump's fault for getting Biden elected to crash the American economy forcing Biden's hedge buddies to get rich off the scraps even though you know they fucking care about poor people.
Just proves all these progressives sold their souls to the Devil
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Why would you insult the Devil by equating him with George Soros?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Why would you insult the Devil by equating him with George Soros?
Imagine a self-described Progressive defending the actions of hedge funds and their corporate ally in Robinhood.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Sheet imagine a Marxist defending Hedge fund oligarchies...

That's when you know the MSM gaslight is fucking REAL.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, They most certainly DID step in to help Hedge funds by allowing the Robinhood freeze on buying but not selling.
what rules did that break? Go ahead and specify the exact regulations Robinhood broke when they did that and then tell me exactly what the SEC could have done about it?

At present, as far as I know, doing that didn't break any rules. I agree it was scummy, but it isn't clear there is anything specific the SEC could do about right now without investigating. 

I agree with them that it needs to be investigated. But investigations take time, not a matter of days. 

Sheet imagine a Marxist defending Hedge fund oligarchies...
why are people on here so incurably thick? I am not a marxist and I have never defended hedge funds or Robinhood. Why are you pretending like that is what I am saying?