What words are now banned?

Author: Wylted

Total: 61
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I heard a word that rhymes with granny and starts wit a T is currently banned. Does anyone have an up to date banned words list so I know how to communicate properly and not get banned?
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
Welcome to the site, Wylted.
David
Debates: 91
David
Hey you finally made it! We were waiting for you 
bsh1
bsh1
To answer the OP's question, I think the answer to the question is fairly self-evident. Derogatory words which apply to a specific class of people (as the n-word applies to black people) would generally fall into that category.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
Thank you. I literally just got a message on facebook that there was a banned words list and that you are moderator now, and it is going to your head. I don't neccesarily believe it, but am curious about this latest incarnation of drama.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
I am indeed moderator, though if Airmax or Whiteflame ever wanted the job, I'd happily hand it over to them. I don't think it's gone to my head, but if it had, would I know? A bit of a mindf**k. Anyhow, some people think it has. How's life?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
. Derogatory words which apply to a specific class of people (as the n-word applies to black people) would generally fall into that category.
So if I just have a habit of referring to people as "MY Nigga", is that a violation of your policy? Can I do a debate that Black Americans have lower average IQs than white Americans and at least a few of those IQ points can be attributed to genetics, would that get me banned?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
OMG. I feel like I have answered this question 20 times...probably because I have...You wouldn't know that, though. The answer is you cannot use the n-word but you can debate "that Black Americans have lower average IQs than white Americans and at least a few of those IQ points can be attributed to genetics."
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I am indeed moderator, though if Airmax or Whiteflame ever wanted the job, I'd happily hand it over to them. I don't think it's gone to my head, but if it had, would I know? A bit of a mindf**k. Anyhow, some people think it has. How's life?

Will you stand behind that statement if I can convince either of those two to take on the added responsibility and hassle?

As far as life in general, I've had a bit of a mental breakdown, but think I'm recovering nicely, and talking to a great psychologist has helped me figure out why this has and routinely occurs. I'll maybe go into exactly why later, and if anyone is curious enough they can PM me, I'm an open book. How is your life?

bsh1
bsh1
Will you stand behind that statement if I can convince either of those two to take on the added responsibility and hassle? 
Sure. IDK how likely it would be that they would agree to take on the job, but, hey, if they want it, I'll gladly hand it to them.

Glad your doing okay. I am fine--busy, tired. Grad school is interesting, but it sucks up a ton of your time (not that that's unexpected, but still...).
David
David
-->
@Wylted
i totally know the feeling and have been there. I’m glad you have found a psychologist and that you are better! 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
OMG. I feel like I have answered this question 20 times...probably because I have...You wouldn't know that, though. The answer is you cannot use the n-word but you can debate "that Black Americans have lower average IQs than white Americans and at least a few of those IQ points can be attributed to genetics."

I didn't finish reading through the stickied posts entirely, but putting something there might help if you haven't already done that.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
There's a thought.

You should join if you can: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/481

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@David
i totally know the feeling and have been there. I’m glad you have found a psychologist and that you are better!

Most of it can likely be attributed to OCD. You have no ideal how much somebody telling me to get out of my head and live in the moment helps.
David
David
-->
@Wylted
ugh the worst thing anyone can say to me is “snap out of it” or “it’s all in your head.” Easy for them to say. 

Full disclosure: I have autism, borderline personality disorder, sensory processing disorder, depression, and bipolar. Thankfully the psych I’m seeing and the meds I’m taking are working well. Before I was on my meds I would be breaking down every day. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I'm in but put me on as a replacement if somebody else wants my spot. Working 50 hour weeks again, while also preparing to host a comicon style event that will most likely fail, despite me putting tons of effort into it. I am learning a lot from the process of planning one though, that will help me next time I plan an event.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@David
I don't have borderline, but think my fiance does. That has got to be the worst. You guys feel emotions so deeply. I have several symptoms of bipolar, and think I would get a diagnosis of it, but I'm pushing against it because I think my intense highs come from perfectionism caused by OCD, and the intense lows are just natural after doing shit, like over committing and doing 100 hour work weeks.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I'm more interested in what profanity the mods will let slide. My preference is: all the profanity. All of it. But for some reason I sense they would be less than completely open to that.

Do these get a pass:

- ass
- bitch
- shit

I want these to get a pass. They're among the milder swear words.

They are all frequently used in contexts that are not about personally insulting someone, I note.

David
David
-->
@Wylted
agree totally. I often times tear up sometimes for no reason. I also tend to get attached to people quickly, and most of the time the people I get attached to shouldn’t be around. 

Im not sure if you have seen me when I worked for CFa in Elkton
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@David
I don't know what your face looks like but I used to eat there all the time because I worked near by. Why haven't we met up yet?
Castin
Castin
... I should probably have censored those words with asterisks to be safe.

I just don't get why replacing one character with another character somehow makes the word okay, or defused, or something.
David
David
-->
@Wylted
if you still live near Elkton we should. I’m in Harford County now. I’m sure you saw me as I was usually the person in the dining room. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@David
Yeah, I'll PM you. I just moved back to that area.
David
David
-->
@Wylted
cool!! 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
Yes, they get a pass. Only words that fit the hate speech category are banned. So pretty much all profanity. I don't really care if you censor the f-word.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
IDK how likely it would be that they would agree to take on the job, but, hey, if they want it, I'll gladly hand it to them.
Were this true, you wouldn't have sought out the job on 2, count them, 2 separate sites. You are fully aware that white flame would not take the job that way. He has integrity.

You could resign though, if it really means as little to you as you seem to want to imply. That way, Mike could offer the position to whiteflame.

But we already know you won't do that.
Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
Yes, they get a pass. Only words that fit the hate speech category are banned. So pretty much all profanity. I don't really care if you censor the f-word.
Omg can it be?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ethang5
I never sought to be a mod on DDO. I ran for site President, which is certainly not the same. And I don't really see your point about whiteflame. There's no dishonor in expressing interest in a job I'd be happy to relinquish to him. I am not as wedded to this role as you might think, and I'd welcome whiteflame taking it over if he desired. 

I choose not to resign not because I am wedded to the role, but because there are few people who I think could and would do it. I was not my first choice for this job (I was my third or fourth), though I think myself reasonably qualified and capable. Whiteflame and Airmax I trust totally to do the job right, which is why they, in particular, are ones I'd be happy to see in the role before me.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
It can, lol.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Ha Ha.

If I write tran#y you'll no exactly what I mean.

And when I was a kid we did actually refer to a radio receiving device as a tran#y.

And stupidity will probably be the downfall of mankind.